Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible new idea
blacksword Offline

Likes Given: 106
Sex: Male
Possible new idea
I do NOT want to tread on anyone's toes. I am sure a lot of you have put a lot of work and effort into this.
BUT
I am a biker, you can imagine how the EU has tried putting so many regulations on bikers.
At no time have any bikers tried forming a political party to fight for the bikers cause.
What we have done, is form an Action Group, to lobby parlaiment and MEP's, with obviously several thousand members in the action group. (MAG= Motorcycle Action Group)
MAG, due to it's 'power of numbers' has accomplished a lot regards EU regulation and 'lobbying of parlaiment'.

MY thoughts are, a political party is not the way to go, an 'action group' will accomplish more, as MAG have proved. You can imagine the amount of disgruntled bikers regards EU regulations,etc, but we never formed a political party.

My suggestion is forming an action group, getting as many members as possible, and that is how you/we can stop EU legislation and parlaimentary rulings. The political parties want our votes.

I have had an idea regards the name.

VE -
1) Vapers Enpowered...(the obvious association with vaping/power/wattage)
2) Also related to 'VE day' (victory in europe)

or -
VEG
1) Vapers Enpowered Group
2) VEGatables are healthy, as is vaping.

From my experience as a biker, and the discrimination and regulations we have had to fight, an action group will fight our cause better.

Vaping is the future,cancer sticks are the past.No amount of negative financial based media propaganda from the government and tobacco industry will stop that.Society is in a huge sociological transitional period regards cancer sticks,it will take years,we are merely the pioneers.
Hater of sheep.
27/05/14 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 6 users Like blacksword's post:
Boadacia! (08/06/14), cumbrian_gadgey (19/09/14), donprohel (30/05/14), szaxe (27/05/14), twoeyedbob (27/05/14), welsby (28/05/14)
szaxe Offline

Likes Given: 3,066
Sex:
RE: Possible new idea
(27/05/14 12:30 AM)blacksword Wrote:  I do NOT want to tread on anyone's toes.

Step on as many toes as you need if it helps stop vaping restrictions Smiling

27/05/14 12:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like szaxe's post:
AlpineNewt (04/07/14), blacksword (27/05/14), donprohel (30/05/14)
blacksword Offline

We have to think logically.
Will a vapers political party ever get a seat in parlaiment......no.
There are several minority 'political parties' that 'make a stance'........they get some votes, but not enough to even get their deposit back.
IMHO a Vapers action group is the way forward, to build numbers in membership, then political parties will listen, they want our votes, it will also be cheaper, and will accomplish more. The Motorcycle Action Group is a good example of this.

There are what, about 1.5 million vapers now in the UK, better to get even even a third of those to join a Vapers Action Group, that will have more clout than a Vapers political Party, and will cost less.

Vaping is the future,cancer sticks are the past.No amount of negative financial based media propaganda from the government and tobacco industry will stop that.Society is in a huge sociological transitional period regards cancer sticks,it will take years,we are merely the pioneers.
Hater of sheep.
(This post was last modified: 27/05/14 01:19 AM by blacksword.)
27/05/14 01:10 AM
szaxe Offline

Sex:
(27/05/14 01:10 AM)blacksword Wrote:  We have to think logically.

Not the point .... The way to raise interest in your idea is to show what your idea has to offer, not to try and show that others attempts are not as good as yours What?

27/05/14 01:22 AM
blacksword Offline

(27/05/14 01:22 AM)szaxe Wrote:  
(27/05/14 01:10 AM)blacksword Wrote:  We have to think logically.

Not the point .... The way to raise interest in your idea is to show what your idea has to offer, not to try and show that others attempts are not as good as yours What?

If that's not the point, why have a political party?
I don't want to sound as though I'm 'downcrying the idea' of wanting a voice.
What does the Vapers political party want to achieve?
Realistically it will get some votes here and there. That wont achieve anything realistically.
An action group with several thousand members, with the same goals, will achieve more, regards lobbying parlaiment,MEP's,etc. As the Motorcycle Action Group has achieved, without forming a political party. IMHO. What is better, a few votes here and there and accomplishing nothing, or a union of vapers together ,in numbers, who can lobby parliament and the MEP's. and accomplish something?
I doubt many of you know how the governments and the EU has tried to put so many regulations on motorcycles, bikers didn't form a political party, they formed an action group, and achieved a lot. Not at any point did any bikers think of forming a political party, because it wasn't viable, and wouldn't have achieved the goals we wanted.

I have upmost respect for anyone dedicated enough to form a political party to fight their cause,, but in my honest opinion, there is a better way of achieving the goal, and, a lot more financially viable option. People subscribe (paying a small amount) to be members of the action group, they get a newsletter regards news about vaping and legislation updates,etc.,, news about new products, possible advertising from manufacturers which manufacturers have to pay for.

You think how many bikers there are in this country, who have been discriminated against and had EU regulations and parliament to fight against, IMHO an action group is the way forward not a political party.

Hater of sheep.
(This post was last modified: 27/05/14 02:13 AM by blacksword.)
27/05/14 01:44 AM
szaxe Offline

Sex:
I thought you started a thread to discuss a new idea. If you want me to explain how a minority party can sway the policies of a bigger party go to a Vapers in Power thread Wink

27/05/14 01:54 AM
blacksword Offline

(27/05/14 01:54 AM)szaxe Wrote:  I thought you started a thread to discuss a new idea.

Yes I did,which is what I have done.

Hater of sheep.
27/05/14 02:16 AM
szaxe Offline

Sex:
Yes i just noticed that this is in the Vapers in Power section, so I take it you did intend "stepping on toes" and had no real intention of starting a "VEG" group. I may be wrong, I will watch with interest the work you put in to bring your idea to fruition. Because you do know doing nothing is not going to do us any favours?

27/05/14 03:01 AM
blacksword Offline

(27/05/14 03:01 AM)szaxe Wrote:  Yes i just noticed that this is in the Vapers in Power section, so I take it you did intend "stepping on toes" and had no real intention of starting a "VEG" group. I may be wrong, I will watch with interest the work you put in to bring your idea to fruition. Because you do know doing nothing is not going to do us any favours?

Feckin eck, try putting some constructive input, and thats the response. Jeez. Good luck.
And if that is how you respond to a different point of view...gawd help the vapers political party.

Hater of sheep.
(This post was last modified: 27/05/14 03:20 AM by blacksword.)
27/05/14 03:14 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes blacksword's post:
itsmeitis (27/05/14)
szaxe Offline

Sex:
You are unbelievable? Constructive? You start with your idea, which I give you a thumbs up for, then instead of expanding on your idea you belittle our attempts. Buy a car, there is some constructive input!!!!

27/05/14 03:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)