Please read and share the UK Vapers E-Cigarette Facts Pamphlet available Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pro tank 2 issues
TheNissanMan Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
Pro tank 2 issues
Help! New pro tank on a provari and today it's not playing ball, I tried vaping I. The way home today and was getting some fluid though the mouthpiece!

Is there anyway of clearing it and starting ageing without pulling it to pieces? It was gurgling earlier on with some fluid going on to the battery which I cleared by blowing through and seemed ok for a while.

I've checked the battery level and atomiser through the provari and all seems ok. The mini Novas I have both work fine.
15/08/13 07:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
al666 Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex: Male
RE: Pro tank 2 issues
(15/08/13 07:04 PM)TheNissanMan Wrote:  which I cleared by blowing through and seemed ok for a while.

Do make sure you turn it upside down and blow upwards into the mouthpiece, daft as it sounds. You'll never clear a bottom coil clearo blowing downwards unless the tank is empty.

Cheers,

Al.

15/08/13 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
warrenpaul Offline

Likes Given: 244
Give it a good rinse i would under a powerful tap, i always pull mine apart and rinse everything, dry it off by using kitchen roll, done it about an hour ago when i changed juices

A little piece of silicia ontop of the wick helps stop gurgling for me

15/08/13 10:43 PM
Whistler Offline
Gah!

Likes Given: 128
Pro tank 2 issues
As al said turn it upside down so the juice isn't touching to wick but blow through from the 510 with the drip tip facing down. I would suggest wiping the 510 with a tissue first though
16/08/13 04:36 AM
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,084
The thing to remember especially with BCCs is not to suck too hard while inhaling...

I have seen some peeps suck so hard that they virtually are sucking the liquid through the wick causing the coil to flood (therefore not vapourising properly) and up the inner tube to mouth...

If you get gurgling that doesn't subside after a puff or 2, simply cup the device in your hand into a tissue for 30 seconds or so.
Any excess liquid should drain out, and you can start again.

iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
The EU TPD is not a victimless crime...
16/08/13 09:09 AM
jimthecarper Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 54
What Toby says is spot on.

If your into doing your own re-wicking, try 2.5mm silica, stops all the leaking gurgling problems and you wont need to use any flavour wicks.

v3Tronics Flip, N-Zonic V3, Gus Lord, SteamPunk Vamo, DIY Box Mods, Rose V2, KF 3.1, KFL, eXpromizer, Taifun.
But still want more shiney bits!
16/08/13 09:14 AM
TheNissanMan Offline

Sex:

Pro tank 2 issues
Thanks for the help Smiling
16/08/13 07:39 PM
TheNissanMan Offline

Sex:

Pro tank 2 issues
Thanks for the advise, think it may have been a dodgy atomiser. It's a five pack of anyvape attys, first one registered as faulty with the provari (lo message), second was leaky and third appears to be much better than the others so far.
16/08/13 07:51 PM
jimthecarper Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 54
My experience of buying special offers of 5 etc., from China has also been bad. 2 good ones out of 5 seems about right.

v3Tronics Flip, N-Zonic V3, Gus Lord, SteamPunk Vamo, DIY Box Mods, Rose V2, KF 3.1, KFL, eXpromizer, Taifun.
But still want more shiney bits!
19/08/13 02:12 PM
al666 Offline

Likes Given: 7
(19/08/13 02:12 PM)jimthecarper Wrote:  My experience of buying special offers of 5 etc., from China has also been bad. 2 good ones out of 5 seems about right.

The problem is that it's not just China. I paid top-whack for a pack of 5 from a Very Well Respected UK vendor last week - 1 open circuit, 1 lunatic high resistance, 1 high resistance, 1 barely in spec, 1 just right. I know the vendor will replace/refund, but how many inexperienced users just don't realise that they are using crap?

Cheers,

Al.

19/08/13 02:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)