Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Protank 2 Gurgling
herbie Offline

Likes Given: 6
Sex: Undisclosed
Protank 2 Gurgling
I bought my wife a Protank2, hoping that it would be an improvement on the first model, but it seems to gurgle a lot. I've tried blowing out the juice around the bottom of the air tube, but it soon gurgles again. Any advice please? (Other than get her a Taifun of Kayfun)
26/11/13 03:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Reptile Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 337
RE: Protank 2 Gurgling
(26/11/13 03:14 PM)herbie Wrote:  I bought my wife a Protank2, hoping that it would be an improvement on the first model, but it seems to gurgle a lot. I've tried blowing out the juice around the bottom of the air tube, but it soon gurgles again. Any advice please? (Other than get her a Taifun of Kayfun)

I find you have to keep em really topped up all the time to prevent the gurglingSmiling

when tilted they seem to suck air in when the juice moves off one side of the coil
(This post was last modified: 26/11/13 03:17 PM by Reptile. )
26/11/13 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
SXGuy Offline

Likes Given: 77
Sex: Male
+1 for what Reptile said.

Also, try blowing a little down the through the protank hole, this seems to work for me.

But you def need to keep it around half to 3/4 full to avoid most gurgle issues.

26/11/13 07:26 PM
herbie Offline

Likes Given: 6

Protank 2 Gurgling
Thanks, will give it a go!
27/11/13 01:14 AM
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,300
Sex: Male
Tell her not to suck too hard while inhaling.. this seems to be the most common cause of flooding the atomiser...

If the coil gets flooded, then it can not vapourise all the liquid.. and as the user sucks and puffs away more, the coil becomes continually flooded, so it becomes a vicious circle...

If the gurgling does not receed after a couple of puffs, just tip up the whole unit over a tissue to let any excess liquid drain off for about 30 secs, and start again...

iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
The EU TPD is not a victimless crime...
27/11/13 01:33 AM
Jon_h Offline

Likes Given: 2
I think how well it works depends on the viscosity of the fluid used. The stuff I was using was quite thin and would run through even the slightest gap and flood the coil. I put in an extra wick to tighten things up (so it's now three wicks, one in the coil and two on top) and it's stopped mine flooding a treat!
27/11/13 12:41 PM
McAldo Offline

Likes Given: 420
Sex:
Re: RE: Protank 2 Gurgling
(26/11/13 03:14 PM)herbie Wrote:  I bought my wife a Protank2, hoping that it would be an improvement on the first model, but it seems to gurgle a lot. I've tried blowing out the juice around the bottom of the air tube, but it soon gurgles again. Any advice please? (Other than get her a Taifun of Kayfun)

Take out the driptip, put a paper towel in front, imagine it's a thermometer you need to reset, and give it a few sharp whipping like moves, job done.
That will expel the liquid in excess right on the towel.
For very stubborn cases, unscrew the bottom section, where the coil screws in, and repeat same procedure above.

Don't try solving the problem by blowing one side of the other, it 's not effective and tends pumping more liquid from the tank into the coil, in my experience.
I learned this tip from Georgio of HOL, and it works great with narrow tube atties in general, including 510 and 306 drippers of course.
27/11/13 10:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)