Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RTA or RDA? Many questions
King Llama Offline

Likes Given: 8
Sex:
Hi all,

I currently have an 80W Smok nano one and I'm looking to get into rebuildables. Partly for the cost saving (I've been going through far too many stock coils) but also for the sheer joy of dicking around with electronics.

As I'm a bit strapped for cash at the moment, I will be using this equipment for a while. I want to make sure I get the right gear first time, so any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I've taken advice from a few different local shops but still can't decide on buying a RDA or a RTA.

First off, are RTA's convenient to use when you are out and about? Do they leak, need frequent rewicking etc..? I use my vape at work, so can't do too much mucking about with it during the day.

I've had my eye on 2 RTA's. The UHD Goblin v3 and the Geekvape Avocado 24. Leaning towards the Goblin as the small form factor won't look silly on my tiny mod. On the other hand I would appreciate the extra build space on the Avocado as I am a total beginner.

I have been told that I shouldn't bother with an RTA and get a dripper for home use and continue to use my current tank at work. If that is the better option, where do I start with drippers?

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help.
07/01/17 10:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Jamin Offline
Yeee haaaa

Likes Given: 4,210
Sex: Male
RE: RTA or RDA? Many questions
I can only assume that you bought the nano kit which is supplied with the tfv4, instead of purchasing a while new atty, you could spend a fraction of the price and buy the rebuildable deck for the tfv4 here
https://www.vampirevape.co.uk/smok-tfv4-rba-deck.html

Smiling People say "you are what you eat." Funnily enough I don't remember eating a F*cking LEGEND Dance
07/01/17 11:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
R2-IPV D2 Offline

Likes Given: 159
Sex:
Goblin Mini is a great tank and fairly easy to rebuild (I have v1 and v2 but not v3). I imagine it would be easier than a tfv4 rebuildable deck for a beginner although I don't own one of those so I'm just guessing on that.
07/01/17 11:41 PM
Vapewhore Offline
Miss.Bee-Haven

Likes Given: 1,498
Sex: Female
I've a few RDAs, only for home use, can't be arsed dripping when out and about. Velocity Mini is great for flavour, has loads of different airflow combinations, huge deck to try different builds and cheap as chips to buy.

Can be used with single or dual coils without loss of flavours, I use mine with a single coil and only thing I've noticed is that it has a much cooler vape.
07/01/17 11:52 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vapewhore's post:
phil1955 (15/01/17)
Loganberry Offline

Likes Given: 5,165
Sex: Undisclosed
The Goblin is a bit of a looker. I found the Avacado easier to build. I'd recommend anyone to get a dripper as their second atty. They're best for flavour. +1 for the velocity.
08/01/17 06:13 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Loganberry's post:
davelin83 (31/01/17)
decoy Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex:
dripper to learn to coil on
rba for the tank you have if there is one

i have the v3 goblin the single coil deck has a surprising amount of room to work with
the extension tube is a good buy cause this thing can empty a tank (2ml) in 20 mins
wicking is pritty easy, would add it seems to help if you cut the wicks short so they dont reach bottom of juice wells(the holes you stuff the cotton in)
good in tc
with the right builds in it this thing can chuck a good amount of vapour and flavor
if you fubar the build you can take the bottom out and not lose any juice in the tank
and last but not least
ITS CHEAP

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...ebuildable
takes a bit to come (can be as quick as 2 weeks norm 3 to 4)
hope that helps
08/01/17 06:52 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes decoy's post:
King Llama (08/01/17)
Clive Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 242
Personally I would go for a steamcrave supreme it's a Rda with a tank on to and o so easy to build and nice big deck to work with bonus of this model comes with 2 decks so you can have a spare already built
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...preme-rdta

Brass nemesis / Dicodes Dani S extreme / taifun gt / kayfun 3.1 ES / ithaka / steamboy stormrider 2.1 / Hercules + kayfun conversion / AGA td / Origen dripper Smiling Jump for Joy
08/01/17 02:16 PM
Beldin Offline
Liveware Problem

Likes Given: 424
Sex: Undisclosed
the smok nano is 22mm deep - so stick to 22mm atties for it.

that would rule out the aocado 24 or the steamcrave supreme - either of which would overhang and look silly

you can't use the rbas from the TFV4 - but you 'might' be able to use TFV4 micro rbas on your TFV nano tank

drippers are 'usually' a easier to build than RTAs or rba heads because there is generally a bit more space to work - and wicking isnt so critical.

so long as you dont dry hit - you wont be needing to frequently re-wick an RDA or RTA unless you choose to do so for a flavour change

budget concious vapers should familiarise themselves with fasttech (aka FT)
a serpent mini is a good cheap authentic 22mm RTA https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10018935/4613300
or a Fodi F2 https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...ebuildable
or Fodi V2 https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/1001...ebuildable

(This post was last modified: 08/01/17 04:12 PM by Beldin.)
08/01/17 03:56 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Beldin's post:
King Llama (08/01/17)
King Llama Offline

Likes Given: 8
Sex:

Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately I can't get a rebuildable deck for my current tank as it's the TFV4-nano. Way, way too small.

https://www.ukecigstore.com/smok-nano-one-kit.html

Additional my mod is full featured, but incredible tiny. I don't want anything bigger than 24mm diameter at the most because it would just look silly over hanging the mod (even if it is easier to build on).

I understand that drippers are meant to be used at home. My main question is, are RTA's viable for use as an everyday tank? E.g. Could I do my build and then use it at work for the day or do they need constant maintenance or have trouble with leaking etc?

In an ideal world I would get both a dripper and a rebuildable tank but I can only afford one or the other.

Edit: Just seen Beldin's post. Thanks for the info that was exactly what I I wanted to know Smiling
(This post was last modified: 08/01/17 04:32 PM by King Llama.)
08/01/17 04:28 PM
Colon Offline

Likes Given: 282
I use rta's all day at work (carpet fitter) and never ever have an issue, my favoured 22mm rta is the OBS Crius v3, nice big deck, great flavour and nice big capacity @4.3ml iirc, it may be a tad tall for your needs however.
A good rta, properly wicked will serve you well all day, and depending on what juice you favour it could only need rewicking once per week.
08/01/17 06:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)