Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rebuildable MTL tanks?
freshlywicked Offline

Likes Given: 326
Sex: Undisclosed
Rebuildable MTL tanks?
im looking for a rebuildable MTL tank for my dad. he has tried the kayfun v3 mini and didn't like it. The market seems quite small for this sort of tank so i though i would put a thread up asking for opinions..all recommendation appreciated!!

Drip Driving....Policeman
06/12/16 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
@rattspitt Offline
Push the tempo

Likes Given: 1,418
Sex: Male
RE: Rebuildable MTL tanks?
Augvape Merlin's worth a look,easy to build on and has an airflow restricting thingy that screws into the deck to close down the airflow aswell as the normal airflow slots .

06/12/16 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
timmmah Offline

Likes Given: 35
Would be easier if we knew what he didn't like about the v3 mini?
06/12/16 02:25 PM
Vapewhore Offline
Miss.Bee-Haven

Likes Given: 1,492
Sex: Female
What type of rebuildable? Full on re-build with fancy coils or basic re-wicking type? Confused

My basic, everyday, MTL tank is the NV Mini. It's only a 2ml tank with a NV supplied coil, just dry burn & re-wick and lasts for many months, you can build your own coils for it too. Low maintenance and it's the closest to feel as if I'm smoking, for me anyway.

06/12/16 02:59 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Vapewhore's post:
Barnweld (06/12/16), sonytony67 (16/12/16)
freshlywicked Offline

(06/12/16 02:08 PM)@rattspitt Wrote:  Augvape Merlin's worth a look,easy to build on and has an airflow restricting thingy that screws into the deck to close down the airflow aswell as the normal airflow slots .

thanks i will have a look

(06/12/16 02:25 PM)timmmah Wrote:  Would be easier if we knew what he didn't like about the v3 mini?

he just could not get on with it, kept getting dry hits. I have the tank myself and never had a problem with it..good little tanks imo

(06/12/16 02:59 PM)Vapewhore Wrote:  What type of rebuildable? Full on re-build with fancy coils or basic re-wicking type? Confused

My basic, everyday, MTL tank is the NV Mini. It's only a 2ml tank with a NV supplied coil, just dry burn & re-wick and lasts for many months, you can build your own coils for it too. Low maintenance and it's the closest to feel as if I'm smoking, for me anyway.

Full on rebuildable. I just coil it up for him and he dry burns and wicks as required. my first thought was the nv but can't be done with re-coiling the stock heads. He did use a protank (2 years ago!) and i would re coil the stock heads but again, just cant be done with the faffing around now

I will have a good think about the n.v ..

Nothing new around in this sector really is there Scratch Head

(This post was last modified: 06/12/16 03:04 PM by freshlywicked.)
06/12/16 03:00 PM
Vapewhore Offline
Miss.Bee-Haven

Annoyingly a lot of the RBAs/RTAs seem to be for 'lung hitters', us MTLers get left behind, that's probably why I've stuck with the NV Mini for so long, even though I've a few RTAs, there can be a bit of faffing around in wicking the damn things, when all I want to do is vape n go!

The stock heads can be re-coiled with the NV, done it a few times without any probs. Also use 70VG without dry hits. Only thing with the higher VG is getting it in them small holes lol, needle bottles come in handy for that.

06/12/16 03:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vapewhore's post:
Barnweld (06/12/16)
freshlywicked Offline

(06/12/16 03:15 PM)Vapewhore Wrote:  Annoyingly a lot of the RBAs/RTAs seem to be for 'lung hitters', us MTLers get left behind, that's probably why I've stuck with the NV Mini for so long, even though I've a few RTAs, there can be a bit of faffing around in wicking the damn things, when all I want to do is vape n go!

The stock heads can be re-coiled with the NV, done it a few times without any probs. Also use 70VG without dry hits. Only thing with the higher VG is getting it in them small holes lol, needle bottles come in handy for that.

are they a bvc in the n.v ? im sure i have coiled one before for someone ..

ps im happily chugging away on a griffin @ 50 w as we speak. Pretty much exclusively DL i only use mtl ever now and again for some baccy type juices so was really out of touch with the mtl market, just started looking again and was astonished at the lack of choice hence my thread

06/12/16 03:27 PM
Vapewhore Offline
Miss.Bee-Haven

Yeah they're like those old style shitty kanger ones with the rubber bung bit that gets pushed up the hole....Facepalm lol, I'm sure you know the ones I mean Smiling

06/12/16 03:35 PM
Barnweld (06/12/16)
Vapewhore Offline
Miss.Bee-Haven

Just started to use the Serpent Mini again, forgot what such a flavoursome little beast it was. Got the airflow almost closed off and can MTL on it.

Didn't really get on with the Griffin, found it was too warm a vape for me, been sat in its box for months.....must get round to selling that on.

06/12/16 03:40 PM
Barnweld (06/12/16)
freshlywicked Offline

yes i know exactly what you mean! little buggers haha..

running a couple of pretty beefy claptons in this griffin at the moment and i cant fault it, get it back out and jam in something beefy Blush sorry....and start slow....sorry!! :haha:

that augvape looks good, worth a punt me thinks! and if he doesnt like that i will have to go back to the dodgey rubber bungs again or get him a ce4

06/12/16 03:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)