Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Report Site Problems here
NorthStaR Offline
Gone walkabout...

Likes Given: 8,710
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Report Site Problems here
Fairly slow all evening on Firefox.

I also get a message when logging onto the UKV URL saying that it is scanning my browser and will be redirected in 5 long seconds?

Not altogether sure I like the sound of that? Is it normal? Why is it scanning my browser?
Does it normally do this but as the server was running slow I randomly got to see this message?

On a mac BTW, latest system + updates, Java enabled and upto date too. 10mb+ broadband.

Just curious more than anything...
01/09/13 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
al666 Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex: Male
(01/09/13 09:52 PM)NorthStaR Wrote:  I also get a message when logging onto the UKV URL saying that it is scanning my browser and will be redirected in 5 long seconds?

Yeah, does that for me periodically too. Seems a bit odd, but at least things are working again Dance

Cheers,

Al.

01/09/13 09:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,338

The last three posts are related: We use a product called CloudFlare to help protect the site - if it detects unusual patterns of traffic it will switch to a mode that introduces a delay when people connect (which is the banner NorthStaR saw). This is to try and block / slow down anyone who might be doing something nefarious (such as scraping info off the site, connecting loads of times, etc).

Unfortunately, this mode also breaks TapaTalk so when it kicked in tonight (because of all the problems people were having connecting), it simultaneously disabled TapaTalk.

Both "issues" should be gone now

Outrun is coming back for September. This time, I'm aiming for 100 miles so please give generously to help me through the pain! Here's a link to my JustGiving page and Here's a link to my progress thread on UK Vapers
01/09/13 09:57 PM
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

Likes Given: 3,632
It's not only working, it's working faster than I remember it ever working Smiling
01/09/13 10:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
VictoryV Offline

Likes Given: 398
Sex: Female
(01/09/13 10:03 PM)JustPoo Wrote:  It's not only working, it's working faster than I remember it ever working Smiling

Its like someone's pulled the trigger HeHe!

Keep smiling; makes people wonder what you're up to Angel
01/09/13 10:24 PM
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

Likes Given: 3,632
Still not acceptable. Don't play with me, I'm always watching!
01/09/13 10:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Ash2Ashes Offline
"People die at the fair."

Likes Given: 777
Are particular members classified as "site problems" ^^^^^High Five

"How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?"
01/09/13 10:30 PM
NorthStaR Offline
Gone walkabout...

Likes Given: 8,710
Sex: Undisclosed
(01/09/13 09:57 PM)Phil A Wrote:  The last three posts are related: We use a product called CloudFlare to help protect the site - if it detects unusual patterns of traffic it will switch to a mode that introduces a delay when people connect (which is the banner NorthStaR saw). This is to try and block / slow down anyone who might be doing something nefarious (such as scraping info off the site, connecting loads of times, etc).

Unfortunately, this mode also breaks TapaTalk so when it kicked in tonight (because of all the problems people were having connecting), it simultaneously disabled TapaTalk.

Both "issues" should be gone now

Thanks for the info Phil. Smiling My mac was having a Wargames "Joshua" moment and the server didn't like it. Wink
(This post was last modified: 01/09/13 10:34 PM by NorthStaR.)
01/09/13 10:32 PM
Chip Offline

Likes Given: 40
Just refreshed to view unread posts and got:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

Back on after 30 secs or so of hitting refresh, hopefully only a momentary blip Smiling

Mods: GP Paps X, Nemesis VW, eVic, Vari-Volt, Labuenapipa E-Pipe.
Attys: Rose v1, Rose v2, Taifun GT, RSST, AGI v2, Vivi Nova, Phiniac Custom.
02/09/13 07:53 PM
Izzy786 Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex:
Cant post anything keeps suggesting that I dont have permission !
08/09/13 06:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)