Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Russian 91% Issues
stevelauder Offline

Likes Given: 182
Sex:
Russian 91% Issues
Anyone else here receive their Russian 91% today? I have a couple of issues and am wondering if anyone else has the same.

Firstly, the grub screw for the adjustable airflow is seized. Given that this is why I chose the Russian, that's not good.

Secondly, the positive terminal is so short that even on a sentinel, I have to unscrew the positive post on the Russian, which leaves the internals loose, and offers a very poor connection.

Please tell me I'm not the only one Sad
29/08/13 10:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MarlowMan Offline

Likes Given: 301
Sex: Male
RE: Russian 91% Issues
I dont have mine yet. Soon though. I would soak it in warm water and see if you cant free the air screw. As for the 510, my understanding is that its a screw within a screw. You screw it all the way out and then adjust the screw within a screw out a bit. Then you should be able to adjust it. But as I dont have one, I cant say for certain.

MM

Mods: Provari Mini, Megalodon (The Don), Vamo X4, Sig 19b
Attys: 3ML Cobra X 2, VH-Genesis, IGO - L, AGA T+, GP spheroid V2, Kayfun 3.1, Russian 91%, Evods 4 out and abaat.

29/08/13 11:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Mr Reman Offline
The original Reman. Accept no substitute

Likes Given: 786
I find that on my KFL everything's made to such tight tolerances that when it's cold I can't get the bloody thing apart. I've found that running it under hot water till it's all warm to the touch is all it takes to get the body to unscrew easily. It might be worth giving it a try and seeing if your air control screw also frees off a bit with the warmth.

With regards to the centre pin, As far as I'm aware, It's not actually adjustable. It's only got a screw head in there so you can completely dismantle the R91% to replace insulators or do OCD levels of cleaning on it.

If the sentinel doesn't have an adjustable centre post, You might get away with taking out the R91%'s centre pin/Bolt and threading a tiny rubber O-Ring down on it so when it's all screwed tightly back together the o-ring keeps the attys centre pin protruding a little further.

Hope that helps.

Reman.

Note to self - Must stop buying drip tips and eliquid (For a while).
(This post was last modified: 29/08/13 11:36 AM by Mr Reman. )
29/08/13 11:30 AM
stevelauder Offline

Sex:

Thanks very much guys... ezig have just got in touch and resolved the issues. If anyone else has the same problems:

1) The center post in the Russian DOES have an adjustable pin. However, it's torqued so hard in the factory that it may be seized when it arrives. Simply dissassemble, push an end of the included screwdriver through the hole in the middle of the post, and unscrew the base screw. It takes a bit of force, but it will start to unscrew.

Once it has been unseized, it will forever do what it's supposed to. Center post issue: sorted.

2) Adjustable air flow. It was the threading on the grub screw that was at fault. I used a separate micro driver (one that could take the torque), unscrewed it and used one of the supplied replacement grubs. It now spins a charm.

Thanks to ezig for a quick response... if any of you guys have similar issues, you now know what to do Smiling
29/08/13 11:37 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like stevelauder's post:
19afc03 (29/08/13), Ajnatto (30/08/13), jubiare (30/08/13), whipitup (29/08/13)
munda Offline

Likes Given: 175
(29/08/13 11:37 AM)stevelauder Wrote:  Thanks very much guys... ezig have just got in touch and resolved the issues. If anyone else has the same problems:

1) The center post in the Russian DOES have an adjustable pin. However, it's torqued so hard in the factory that it may be seized when it arrives. Simply dissassemble, push an end of the included screwdriver through the hole in the middle of the post, and unscrew the base screw. It takes a bit of force, but it will start to unscrew.

Once it has been unseized, it will forever do what it's supposed to. Center post issue: sorted.

2) Adjustable air flow. It was the threading on the grub screw that was at fault. I used a separate micro driver (one that could take the torque), unscrewed it and used one of the supplied replacement grubs. It now spins a charm.

Thanks to ezig for a quick response... if any of you guys have similar issues, you now know what to do Smiling

looking forward to your review on the revised version Steve...
29/08/13 11:52 AM
stevelauder Offline

Sex:

(29/08/13 11:52 AM)munda Wrote:  looking forward to your review on the revised version Steve...

Thanks Munda. I'll be doing an independent review, but in the next few days I will have in my possession:

KFL
Russian 91%
Ithaka
Spheroid v2
Odysseus
ProTank
Davide Glassomiser

So... it's a silica bake off! Group test on the way - quite excited about this one Smiling
29/08/13 12:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes stevelauder's post:
Majnu (30/08/13)
Kit Offline
Registered Addict

Likes Given: 212
(29/08/13 12:22 PM)stevelauder Wrote:  
(29/08/13 11:52 AM)munda Wrote:  looking forward to your review on the revised version Steve...

Thanks Munda. I'll be doing an independent review, but in the next few days I will have in my possession:

KFL
Russian 91%
Ithaka
Spheroid v2
Odysseus
ProTank
Davide Glassomiser

So... it's a silica bake off! Group test on the way - quite excited about this one Smiling

This will be a very interesting group test.
29/08/13 06:17 PM
5miley Offline
Chill out dude

Likes Given: 109
Sex: Undisclosed
When testing the Ithaka, evacuate all women and children from the immediate vicinity
Think throat-hit and heat Wink

29/08/13 06:43 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes 5miley's post:
MarlowMan (29/08/13)
stevelauder Offline

Sex:

(29/08/13 06:43 PM)5miley Wrote:  When testing the Ithaka, evacuate all women and children from the immediate vicinity
Think throat-hit and heat Wink

I've already had the ithaka [clone] for about a week... was about to say more but I'll save it for the cam Wink
29/08/13 10:53 PM
19afc03 Offline

Likes Given: 18
Russian 91% Issues
Guys, thanks for this. Received my R91% this afternoon, and was gutted that the centre pin was so short. Emailed E-Zig this evening asking for some info. Totally forgot to come on here and have a look first! I'll give the recommendations a try in the morning!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

AFC - Standing free since 1903!

29/08/13 10:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)