Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SS mesh or silica wick
mk73 Offline

Likes Given: 2
Sex: Male
SS mesh or silica wick
im new and at the moment using a sigelei brass mech mod with a AGI rba but was woundering which is better either a ss 400 mesh wich which I am using at the mo or a silica wick would like to know wot the main difference is between them is there a difference in taste and vapour
took me a while to get use to using and making the ss mesh but working fine now but want to upgrade and thinking of buying either a joyetech evic or a provari mini and looking for either a RSST or kayfun lite but would like to know the pros and cons on silica wick and ss mesh wicks first

Maz
04/09/13 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
ASH1973 Offline

Likes Given: 566
RE: SS mesh or silica wick
All down to personal taste, pure & simple.
04/09/13 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
anthropolyte Offline
He of the beautiful hands

Likes Given: 215
Sex: Undisclosed
The AGI is designed to work with mesh, so you're likely to have poor to reasonable results with silica.

Silica vs. mesh is really down to personal taste - the general rule is that tobacco flavours tend to work best with mesh, and everything else works best with silica. There's no real pro or con to either other than that, but again, personal preference plays a part - what works for one person may not work for another.

I personally prefer Ekowool to either silica or mesh (Ekowool is essentially braided silica), but I tend to vape mostly fruit or dessert flavours, and always in a silica-based atomiser.

Ultimately you will really have to try both and make your own decision. Since you're already using mesh, try buying a silica atomiser, see if it works for you, and if not, sell it on and buy a genesis RBA instead.
04/09/13 10:25 AM
mk73 Offline

Likes Given: 2

SS mesh or silica wick
Hi thanks for the advice so which silica atomiser would u recommend and I want a small one was thinking about kayfun lite or anything like that

What gauge eckowool is the best for taste and wot gauge kenthal wire would you use

Maz
(This post was last modified: 04/09/13 10:31 AM by mk73. )
04/09/13 10:29 AM
anthropolyte Offline
He of the beautiful hands

Likes Given: 215
The Kayfun Lite is excellent, but it does require some skill with wicking/coiling. Also it's not really "small"... If you want to try out silica without breaking the bank, look into dripping atomisers. They're cheap, easy to set up, and it'll let you know how silica works for you.

I use 2mm Ekowool - gauge doesn't affect taste though, it's more silica vs ekowool. Some people think that Ekowool mutes the flavour in comparison to silica, but I've personally found the opposite to be true.

Since you're using regulated mods, you want to aim for around 2 ohms on your coils - 4/5 wraps of 0.20mm Kanthal A1 should be pretty close.
04/09/13 10:39 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes anthropolyte's post:
ASH1973 (04/09/13)
ASH1973 Offline

Likes Given: 566
I do love it when someone else says everything I'd say, as I'd say it.

All I have to do is press 'like' Biggrinsmiley

Excellent silica and only £1.05 per meter...

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-1-2-and-3mm-fg-wick-again
04/09/13 10:41 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ASH1973's post:
anthropolyte (04/09/13)
Loganberry Offline

Likes Given: 2,103
Some juices are better on mesh and some on SS. You could get an IGO (£5 delivered from fasttech including a quality drip tip) and put a silica wick in to run comparisons.
(This post was last modified: 04/09/13 02:31 PM by Loganberry. )
04/09/13 01:47 PM
mizloulou Offline

Likes Given: 603
Sex: Female
i prefer silica, you could get a 306 dripper, cheap & chearful Smiling

MODS:

Changing all the time!!!

Manicure

04/09/13 01:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)