Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sigelei Tmax V5 - A Brief Review (with pics)
pauly meatballs Offline

Likes Given: 1,386
Sex: Male
Sigelei Tmax V5 - A Brief Review (with pics)

Hi everyone,
Just a few pics and impressions on the sigelei tmax v5 vv/vw box mod.
I bought this device from the far east for £28 and got 3 days excellent performance before it stopped working. Sending it back for a refund but I thought I'd share the pics anyway.

Dimensions:
Depth - 24.3 mm
Height - 102 mm
Width - 60 mm
Weight - 222 g

Specs:
-3.0 to 6.0 Volt variable voltage (VV)
-3.0 to 15.0 Watt variable voltage (VW)
-Resistance check
-Battery status
-RMS&MEAN Voltage
-Output voltage display

So this device takes 2 batteries, 1x 18350 and 1x 18650. Only 1 of these is ever in use, when you've used 1 battery up you switch the bottom caps (the one with the spring is the active one) and keep vaping.
This was the main selling point for me. 4200mah! This was supposed to be my work mod but it died on me today. At work.

This device was operating perfectly well, the menu system is very easy to navigate. I like the display a lot:

The 510 connector just sucks though.

It sits slightly proud of the top of the device, ensuring a nice big gap between any 510 atty and the device. Never mind I thought, I've got plenty enough ego threaded clearos and they look pretty cool on this box mod.

Today though, I screwed on an atty and kept screwing. The 510 connector had come loose and was spinning freely. No atties have since worked on this device. Unscrewing the top plate I could see that whatever it was that supposed to hold the 510 connector in place had sheared off and an electrical wire had snapped. Bugger.

Checking a few reviews of earlier editions, it appears this was a common problem, and one that clearly hasn't been addressed.
Shame really as I like the look of it and I don't think you'll get battery capacity like that in many budget vv/vw box mods.

Verdict:
Before it broke I was rather taken with this mod, it felt good in the hand and it was vaping away pefectly well, until it wasn't. If you're a tinkerer I'm sure you'd have no problem fixing the faults in this device but I'm not so I can't.
I'd have to give it a thumbs down.

Thanks for reading, have a great day,
Paul

07/03/14 09:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 4 users Like pauly meatballs's post:
JoBo (18/08/14), JustPoo (14/03/14), Kenneth (07/03/14), maxey (07/03/14)
Kenneth Offline

Likes Given: 1,713
RE: Sigelei Tmax V5 - A Brief Review (with pics)
If there was a quicker way to swap between the batteries I would probably have bought one of these. A switch you could flick would do it. Having said that, I'd be dubious after your problems with the 510. I like the display, having all bases covered at once is a definitely thumbs up. Ah well, maybe there'll be a tmax v2 at some point.
07/03/14 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
pauly meatballs Offline

(07/03/14 09:27 PM)Kenneth Wrote:  If there was a quicker way to swap between the batteries I would probably have bought one of these. A switch you could flick would do it. Having said that, I'd be dubious after your problems with the 510. I like the display, having all bases covered at once is a definitely thumbs up. Ah well, maybe there'll be a tmax v2 at some point.

This was the v5 kenneth! That's what bugged me, they've made several improvements on the original but they haven't fixed a major problem that was happening with the v1.

07/03/14 09:31 PM
Kenneth Offline

Ah.
07/03/14 09:40 PM
Loganberry Offline

Likes Given: 1,619
Sex: Undisclosed
Thanks Pauly, knocks all the video reviews into a cocked hat.
14/03/14 10:24 AM
Kenneth Offline

I see they're doing a 30W version of this. I'm a little surprised their continuing with this dual battery approach, especially as I'm not sure about 18350s at 30w. I hope they've done something to limit that.
18/08/14 12:08 AM
pauly meatballs Offline

(18/08/14 12:08 AM)Kenneth Wrote:  I see they're doing a 30W version of this. I'm a little surprised their continuing with this dual battery approach, especially as I'm not sure about 18350s at 30w. I hope they've done something to limit that.

I saw those too Kenneth and wondered the same thing Smiling
I think what we have here is a huge stock of unsold (or returned) tmaxes with a new 30w board in them. I'd like to get a good look at the 510 connection to see if they've changed it.

18/08/14 09:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)