Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Skycig refill?
Summer-man Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
Skycig refill?
Hi All,

Am new to this e cigarette technology, purchased a skycig starter kit 2 days ago and all is going well and have not felt the need to have a cigarette since starting with my skycig

I've been looking at a site called Juicycigs, is it possible for me to refill my own cartridges? And if so what are the benefits of doing so? Is it any cheaper then buying the cartridges directly from Skycig?

I see on Juicycigs it's £5 for 10ml but this doesn't mean anything to me and I do not know whether this is any cheaper then Skycigs £10 for 5 ready cartridges

Is refilling really tricky or something I could get the hang of?

Any advice would be great please

Thanks,

Sam
07/11/12 08:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Likes Given: 2,128
Sex: Male
RE: Skycig refill?
Aloha S-M and Welcome to UK Vapers Wink

Yes - buy some juice - a sample pack may be a good way to try then follow the video Wink

07/11/12 08:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
alekosh Offline

Likes Given: 324
Hi summer-man and welcome.
What I was doing back when I was starting with skycigs was the following. I purchased my own eliquid and 510 standard resistance carts. I was removing the plastic mouthpiece of the carts and was filling them from the top and drawing using a drip tip

07/11/12 08:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Buxton74 Offline

Likes Given: 1,468
(07/11/12 08:17 PM)Summer-man Wrote:  Hi All,

Am new to this e cigarette technology, purchased a skycig starter kit 2 days ago and all is going well and have not felt the need to have a cigarette since starting with my skycig

I've been looking at a site called Juicycigs, is it possible for me to refill my own cartridges? And if so what are the benefits of doing so? Is it any cheaper then buying the cartridges directly from Skycig?

I see on Juicycigs it's £5 for 10ml but this doesn't mean anything to me and I do not know whether this is any cheaper then Skycigs £10 for 5 ready cartridges

Is refilling really tricky or something I could get the hang of?

Any advice would be great please

Thanks,

Sam

A 10ml bottle should fill about 10-14 cartomisers easy, so yes, it's a lot cheaper. Wink

One thing to note though... try to avoid running the cartos dry. Once you burn the filler wadding inside you'll not get rid of the burned taste, and it probably is not too healthy to vape any more.

When I was on the cigalike/carto combo I used to top up the carto after every vaping session. A drip-tip might help you to do it more easily, but personally I used these rubber bungs from JacVapour... they are much easier to remove and replace than the plastic end that are already in your cartos. Wink

http://www.jacvapour.com/Accessories-5_x...isers.html

They are also handy to keep track of any different flavours you might use.

"True wisdom comes from knowing that we know nothing"

http://www.facebook.com/lee.buxton
07/11/12 08:37 PM
Summer-man Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome and advice everyone Smiling alekosh can I ask what you mean by a drip tip please? Thanks, Sam
07/11/12 09:33 PM
alekosh Offline

Likes Given: 324
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkQpDYSFiJY

There you go buddy, ArcticVapor907 explains is it on the above video.

08/11/12 05:17 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes alekosh's post:
Toby | iVapour (08/11/12)
VapersJuice Offline
Maple Provari V2
Vendors

Likes Given: 55
Just to add the Skycig is a 510 battery (thread size) so you can buy empty "cartridges" or what is known as a cartomisers from anywhere. The Boge cartomisers is a good one and easy to refill. The only downside is that they are a slightly wider diameter so don't fit in to the skycig case very well. Still worth doing in the long run for cost.

Stick with it if its working and don't be pulled in by all the different kits, devices and do-dads out there! If its not broke don't fix it!

www.vapersjuice.com
5 The Arcade, Bedford, Bedfordshire. MK40 1NS
VapersJuice Bedford is a quality supplier of Electronic Cigarettes
08/11/12 06:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
OakleyVaping Offline
Vendor
Vendors

Likes Given: 14
Sex: Undisclosed
Yeap I had sky cigs (once upon a time) lol,
Refilling with my own eliquid worked out a lot cheaper

www.OakleyVaping.com - Suppliers of Electronic Cigarettes & E-Liquid
08/11/12 06:12 AM
Robzki Offline

Likes Given: 11
Sex:
I found the sky cigs cartos to be very good quality, although a standard drip tip won't fit the cartos supplied. You can refill them however by removing the 2 rubber 'bungs' refilling until they are saturated, blow through them to remove any excess into a tissue and then replace the bungs. I found the supplied cartos lasted many fills and could be easily washed out by using pbusardos carto cleaning vid on YouTube, have a search.
(This post was last modified: 08/11/12 08:35 AM by Robzki. )
08/11/12 08:34 AM
xxxxx Offline

Likes Given: 20
Sex:
I've used these

http://www.exhalecigarette.co.uk/product-p/ipackc.htm

as replacements.
They look and work just the same, are both refillable and as cheap as chips.
Use 'exhale10' for a discount on top.
Even though I use mini egos/clearos at home, the skycig format is still my favourite for using elsewhere.
Their cartos are very expensive, but that's their business model. As a vaping gateway I think they're as good as any.
I forgot my ego last ime I was on holiday, but the skycigs (now 6 months old and caned pretty hard) were still in my case and worked just as well for me.
...but then, I'm a pretty unfussy user.

Vaping is just another habit
08/11/12 10:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)