Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smok RSST Building Coil
Tony Wizzz Offline
Too much stuff - Must sell some!

Likes Given: 14
Sex: Male

RE: Smok RSST Building Coil
More questions, using 400 mesh with 0.2 wire, how long normally before you should replace, in say 2.5mm tankfulls, every 5 10?

Can I use the mesh wick more than once? Say if I wanted to re-coil after a couple of tankfulls.

Thanks
09/08/13 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Tony Wizzz Offline

I'm not getting great performance from this atty it's coiled at 2.1 ohms (4 wraps). Got the coils glowing nicely when built.

However seems to take a long time for it to heat up, have to suck a few times to get it going, using it on a Roller, the Roller performs much better with a ProTank colied at 2.1 ohms, fires up and vapes immediately.

I tried the RSST on my SVD with similar results, although once fired up it performs fine at 7.0 watts.

Guess I'm doing something wrong wicking and coiling the RSST, any suggestions?

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 11/08/13 02:34 PM by Tony Wizzz. )
11/08/13 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Whistler Online
Gah!

Likes Given: 131
Smok RSST Building Coil
Try taking a turn off. Mesh has a ramp up time. And the lower you can comfortably have the resistance the better. At 2.1 ohms on the svd, take it up to about 10w. You will see a world of difference from the fire up.

Also the wick takes a while to "break in" I that time it will not wick to its full efficiency. Did you make the wick solid or more like a straw?

In answer to your other question you can use the wick more than once yes. When you want to clean the wick and coil, syringe some water into the tank to flush it through then empty. Once the tank is emptied just repeatedly fire the coil to dry burn it. This will help remove any crud on the wick and coil.
(This post was last modified: 11/08/13 03:25 PM by Whistler. )
11/08/13 03:21 PM
Tony Wizzz Offline

(11/08/13 03:21 PM)Whistler Wrote:  Try taking a turn off. Mesh has a ramp up time. And the lower you can comfortably have the resistance the better. At 2.1 ohms on the svd, take it up to about 10w. You will see a world of difference from the fire up.

Also the wick takes a while to "break in" I that time it will not wick to its full efficiency. Did you make the wick solid or more like a straw?

In answer to your other question you can use the wick more than once yes. When you want to clean the wick and coil, syringe some water into the tank to flush it through then empty. Once the tank is emptied just repeatedly fire the coil to dry burn it. This will help remove any crud on the wick and coil.

Ok thanks, I'll try a 3 wrap coil next time, the wick was made with a paper clip in the middle, so like a straw.
11/08/13 03:29 PM
Whistler Online
Gah!

Likes Given: 131
Smok RSST Building Coil
Good stuff. It does sound as though the wick is quite thick if you are getting around 2.1ohms on 4 wraps of .2 kanthal. If it works better with less turns, the next time you make a wick, cut a slightly thinner piece of mesh so the wick will be a little bit smaller. This should also help.
11/08/13 03:33 PM
Tony Wizzz Offline

Just to let you know, re-coiled with 3 turns, came out at 1.6 and is now performing great, RSST looks smart on the Roller Cool

So what next in re-buildables, Want something that will match the Roller in diameter and the matt finish, options? Or should I stick while I'm ahead?

Thanks
15/08/13 09:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)