Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TIPS FOR CONVENTION NEWBIES
MIKEY Offline

Likes Given: 16
Sex:
TIPS FOR CONVENTION NEWBIES
Just something that would have helped me a few years ago.

1. Vape lower nic then you usually would, you will find yourself vaping more then normal and ALL DAY. (i usually vape 3/6mg but normally use 1.5 or 0 at meets)

2. Don't bring all your gear. You will be carrying it with you all day, you don't want to loose anything. Bring a bottle of juice, maybe 2 (you tend to leave vaping a new juice anyway) a mod with good battery life or PLENTY of charged batteries and maybe a couple of tanks/rda's.

3. If you own and can safely use an RDA. Bring one, as you will be trying a lot of new juices and an RDA/build you are familiar with will help you make the best choices of flavours

4. Dont be the guy going just for free stuff. It won't happen.

5. Use manners, queue if you need to queue, say please and thank you. Treat each booth like a small shop, not a club at 2am, 3 deep at the bar.

6. Bring your own 510 drip tip. Alot of vendors have juice tasters in Atlantis' and alike. Alot of people will have used these before you. Swap out the drip tips before you try the juices

7. If you are a builder, bring your own wick and wire. Especially wick as you will probably be changing it out a lot, trying flavours.

8. Be careful of you gear, 99.9% of people there are great people but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Just a few tips i would have liked a few years back, before i turned up with 4 mods, 5 attys and 300ml of juice in my bag! And left with about 300ml more!

Please use this as a base, i want to hear your suggestions too!

Thanks

(This post was last modified: 26/06/16 06:22 PM by MIKEY.)
26/06/16 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like MIKEY's post:
Bobw1951 (26/06/16), Haybill (07/08/16), MrPete (26/06/16)
Bobw1951 Offline

Likes Given: 376
Sex: Male
RE: TIPS FOR CONVENTION NEWBIES
Some good tips there Smiling

Bob

26/06/16 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bobw1951's post:
MIKEY (26/06/16)
MrPete Offline

Likes Given: 52
Sex: Male
Nice tips Big Grin

I've been looking at these recently, especially Vape Collective. I just feel like I'd stick oot like a sore thumb cos I don't don a baseball cap or blow smoke rings lol. Is there usually a good mix of people?

No offence to anyone by the way, it's just what I've seen on vlogs: D
26/06/16 06:30 PM
MIKEY Offline

Likes Given: 16
Sex:

(26/06/16 06:30 PM)MrPete Wrote:  Nice tips Big Grin

I've been looking at these recently, especially Vape Collective. I just feel like I'd stick oot like a sore thumb cos I don't don a baseball cap or blow smoke rings lol. Is there usually a good mix of people?

No offence to anyone by the way, it's just what I've seen on vlogs: D

Definitely mate. Literally people from every walk of life. No one sticks out really, unless you 8ft tall and have a pink afro, you'll fit in just fine.

I was surprised at my first meet just how diverse it was.

26/06/16 06:33 PM
MjrTom Offline
Floating 'round my tin can...

Likes Given: 315
Sex: Undisclosed
Good point about Nic levels. I had to have a sit down half way through Vape Expo 2016 as I was a bit green!!

MODS: RX200, VT75 Nano, VF Lite, iPVD3, Pico, Elfin Mini, Mini Volt Kit, Tesla Stealth.
TANKS: TFV8 Baby, Atlantis Evo, Crown, Cleito, Aromamizer 25, Avocado 24, Limitless Plus.
RDA: Petri v2, Tugboat v2, Tsunami 22 & 24
Squonk: Pico, Petri v2 BF, Hastur 2S
26/06/16 07:00 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like MjrTom's post:
Haybill (07/08/16), MIKEY (26/06/16)
shent1080 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
Thanks for the advice Smiling
24/07/16 09:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)