• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Taifun GS
Thomas Offline
Chain vaper

Likes Given: 4
Sex: Male
Taifun GS
This is the latest news.
It leaked this morning into a German forum.
One of the former testers of the Taifun GT has confirmed, SmokerStore is currently developping a smaller version of the GT, called Taifun GS.

Before you misunderstand it: This tester is NOT the one who leaked the info, he only confirmed it later.

It´s a redesigned thing, meaning even though it looks similar, the pieces are not compatible between GT and GS (at least that´s what the tester says).

There are no details yet, even this information was not supposed to become public yet, just one single photo made it through facebook.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/h...8513_o.jpg
29/06/13 09:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thomas's post:
john jewery (02/07/13)
Jeff @ House Of Mods Online
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,072
Taifun GS
From the bits on this iv seen its the same base on the GT as all the other taifun tanks? If iv understood it right and now they are making a GS with a different base element? Am surprised as the fact that one base fits all made it a good system as you could use it in different ways with little cost for another tank option Confused
I had the cotton tank and it was great,
The workmanship was spot on,
The only reason I sold it was just too airy a draw for me,

But will be interesting to see how this develops,

Mecha Bod, Sophia & Cage Tank, (houseofmods.co.uk)
FoGGatti Hybrid (foggatti.com)
provari 2.5 mini (vapegear.co.uk)
29/06/13 09:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Thomas Offline
Chain vaper

RE: Taifun GS
The tester provided some new photos.
Obviously he says, it´s all premature, it´s only a prototype, but he seems to like it.
http://www.e-rauchen-forum.de/thread-664...pid1394047
02/07/13 05:43 PM
Cheekiecharlie Offline
Forum Moderators

Likes Given: 2,709
Plenty pic of it here mate
http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Taifun-GT-fro...og?page=15

The gs should be in stock soon

Vaping is a passion not just a hobby Lecture

Still a mixologist extraordinare at heart
(This post was last modified: 02/07/13 05:48 PM by Cheekiecharlie. )
02/07/13 05:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like Cheekiecharlie's post:
chuck (14/09/13), greigster (02/07/13)
Thomas Offline
Chain vaper

Wow, you guys have been busy .... but why hide it in the GT thread?
I didn´t even know you had it in there.
02/07/13 06:17 PM
Cheekiecharlie Offline
Forum Moderators

(02/07/13 06:17 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Wow, you guys have been busy .... but why hide it in the GT thread?
I didn´t even know you had it in there.

Yes , was just pics that Victoria from whitefog posted , I'm sure there will be plenty of talk about it soon enough , personally I think the gt is nicer , but for me its all about the vape , so if the gs is a better vape , I may have to have a word with myself and change my mind Tell Off

02/07/13 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Thomas Offline
Chain vaper

From what I´ve seen the GS is smaller, with the tank above the coil, using fibers to transport liquid down.
I kinda doubt it will give a better vape than the GT, after all what makes the vape is the combination of 3 things.

1) How much power can you put onto the coil.
2) How much liquid can the fiber transport continuously.
3) How much air can you get into the chamber to enlarge the cloud.

#1 is exclusively a matter of battery, with the additional aspect of security, that´s why I love my Vamo stacking 2 batteries to reach full 15 Watts on about any setup below 2.4 Ohm without losing security.
#2 I´m still searching, I don´t like mesh and I´d love to have a wick that can handle dryburn but so far the only wick that can transport enough liquid for 15 Watts power is the Ortmann which can´t handle dryburn.
#3 whether with a screw like the Kayfun 3.1 or with exchangeable tubes like the Taifun GT, as long as it can be set to personal preferences I´m fine with it, but if it doesn´t have an air control, it´s a no go for me.

Put this all together and I´ll tell you, except of a few limited editions that have been long sold out like the "NO MA'AM" and drippers that need refill every 2 or 3 puffs, there is only one atomizer on the market that offers 2 holes for the wick both large enough to fit 6x 1mm Ortmann in, making it a total of 12x 1mm wick that transports liquid to the coil, that´s the Taifun GT and to my mind there is no atomizer that makes a better vape than the GT, IFFFFFF you set it up right.
Believe me, I tried, various types of fiber, various types of wire in various types of atomizers, there is NOTHING that could reach the output of the GT.
The Kayfun 3.1 gets close to it, but to my mind still doesn´t reach it.

Only question is, do you want that kind of power?
If you post something like this anywhere, you will almost instantly get replies saying 8 Watts is enough.
I say, 8 Watts will be enough for the vast majority of vapers, but for me it is not.
If you think less will do, go for an EVOD, but once you decided you want the power, there is no way around the GT (until someone invents something new).

In short:
To my mind the GS will by far not reach the GT, it will become some kind of GT-Mini, small and light to carry around, but at home I have no use for it.

Obviously that´s my personal opinion and it doesn´t have to match anyones elses.
02/07/13 08:59 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thomas's post:
Cheekiecharlie (02/07/13)
Cheekiecharlie Offline
Forum Moderators

Yes I had a look at the ortmann on the site you linked a few weeks ago , but was on my phone so translating to English was a bit of a no no , but it was a great price fo 40 meter length I think it was

02/07/13 09:05 PM
Thomas Offline
Chain vaper

True, aside of its enormous performance the Ortmann is by far the cheapest.
Direct from the manufacturer you could get 80 meters for 11€ plus 3€ shipping, but they take orders only by e-mail and I believe they don´t ship outside of Germany.
In other shops like smuxx-store.de you can find 40 meters for around 12€.

Only downside is, as I mentioned, it can´t handle dryburn, meaning you have to make a new coil every time the old one has accumulated too much residue and because the Ortmann is so fluffy, it accumulates residue real fast, especially if you put 15 Watts power on the coil.
02/07/13 09:14 PM
Cheekiecharlie Offline
Forum Moderators

I usually change my wick and coil every 10-12ml , so wouldn't be much of a problem for me to be honest

I certainly couldn't find any outside of Germany

Someone suggested hemp for wick , but I'm not sure about whether it would be suitable

I've used cotton pads with great success , flavour is great with that , but as with ortmann , it cannot be dry burned

02/07/13 09:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)