Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Text Review Naturally Extracted Tobacco LLC
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,195
Sex: Male
Naturally Extracted Tobacco LLC
Why?

I only vape tobacco flavours, and in a recent thread I mentioned I'd like something to remind of Balkan Sobranie and someone pointed me at this company:

http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/

Their Liquids

They do wide range of single tobacco and blended tobacco flavours which are mixed to order with a bewildering range of choices:

Size: 5ml through to 60ml

Heat Extracted or Cold Maceration

Regular or Extra Extract Strength

100% PG through to 100% VG in 10% step changes

0mg through to 24mg nicotine in 1% steps

I chose the following two liquids in 60ml 0f 100% PG, Extra Extract, Heat Extracted at 24mg:

A "cigarette style" - Speaking Spirit "Similar to Big Spirit, but with a touch of Perique to create a unique "bite" to this analog vape. The Native American tribes which discovered the Perique varietal, believed the tobacco carried their words to the great spirit. See if it speaks to you!"

A "pipe style" - Balkan "An aromatic Balkan-style pipe tobacco comprised of Macedonia and Virginia leaves expertly blended with Latakia for a bold, unique tasting vape. "

The experience

I ordered on the 23rd Feb and the liquids arrived on the 4th March. The liquids were mixed on the 24th February and shipped three days later, so reasonably quick.

Cost? The liquids in the configuration I choose cost $29.48 for each 60ml (glass dropper) bottle and the shipping was $25.10. Converted to GBP that came to £56.82 for 120ml all in (there were no customs charges). So whilst not cheap, not stupidly expensive even including shipping.

Here is one of the bottles:

These liquids are good! They are very "tobacco" and actually taste as described. I suspect I made the right decision in choosing the Extra Extract flavour level option though, they might be a bit "muted" to some otherwise - but on the other hand, I like my flavours strong!

To fair these liquids are no better than House of Liquids Tobacco Flavours, but the range of choice and options is really excellent.

Edited to add... I forgot to mention that I also got three free samples with the order (in a nice drawstring bag) consisting of 5ml bottles - in EXACTLY THE SAME CONFIGURATION AS THE ONES I ORDERED - of Bombay, Red Virginia and NS Dark

I won't slave for beggar's pay,
likewise gold and jewels,
but I would slave to learn the way
to sink your ship of fools

(This post was last modified: 10/04/15 03:54 PM by prof beard.)
16/03/15 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 8 users Like prof beard's post:
dazzer1975 (26/09/16), hachi (03/02/16), JoBo (01/04/15), kenny (01/04/15), maxey (31/03/15), pauly meatballs (16/03/15), Stonethecrows (30/03/15), trout246 (05/07/16)
pauly meatballs Offline

Likes Given: 3,782
RE: Naurally Extracted Tobacco LLC
Thanks Prof, I remember Scott Bonner reviewing an eliquid a while back;
it contained certain tobacco extracts that provided a cigarette-like "head rush" that many new vapers miss.
Is this that kind of thing or is it all about the flavour?

16/03/15 01:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

I think is is basically a liquid which is flavoured using natural tobacco leaf. That probably means there will be components of tobacco leaf other than nicotine, but I suspect these will be very tiny - HoL juices use tobacco steeping and these are similar to my tastes. I haven't noticed any odd effects on my head Smiling

16/03/15 02:09 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes prof beard's post:
pauly meatballs (16/03/15)
renaissancevaping Offline

Likes Given: 119
Sex: Undisclosed
How are these on the coils ? I imagine they would be heavy on the coils in a similar way to HoL ?

I'm on the practice field running two a day, so I don't drop the ball when it's threw my way.
16/03/15 04:11 PM
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

(16/03/15 04:11 PM)renaissancevaping Wrote:  How are these on the coils ? I imagine they would be heavy on the coils in a similar way to HoL ?

I don't know yet - to be fair I find that, provided I do a good dry burn and "decoke" when I rewick, the HoL liquids are ok for me

(This post was last modified: 08/06/15 12:06 PM by prof beard.)
16/03/15 04:33 PM
Pirran Offline

Likes Given: 217
Thanks Prof - I have been interested in some of these US NET companies (eg these guys + Walker) but hadn't been able to find reviews. Do these juices taste like satisfying tasty tobacco or are they more of an unburned type taste (eg as some of triphammers and HoL are)?

I was also put off taking a chance by the high postage costs and likely customs charges - do you know whether you got lucky on that or if the sender pre-paid or there is an exemption or something?
16/03/15 04:41 PM
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

(16/03/15 04:41 PM)Pirran Wrote:  Thanks Prof - I have been interested in some of these US NET companies (eg these guys + Walker) but hadn't been able to find reviews. Do these juices taste like satisfying tasty tobacco or are they more of an unburned type taste (eg as some of triphammers and HoL are)?

I was also put off taking a chance by the high postage costs and likely customs charges - do you know whether you got lucky on that or if the sender pre-paid or there is an exemption or something?

I can't comment re customs Smiling beyond saying I'm confident enough to order again. I don't find HoL taste "un burnt", but you might find these more towards what you looking for. They do sample pack if you want to try them.

16/03/15 04:44 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes prof beard's post:
dazzer1975 (26/09/16)
Pirran Offline

Likes Given: 217
excellent, thanks prof. of course the prob with a sample pack is that the cost per ml will skyrocket once you factor in the postage (and possible customs!). Might have to pull the trigger soon though - they do look/sound very tempting.
16/03/15 05:20 PM
Rob Stobbs Offline

Likes Given: 105
Sex:
As an Ex Pipe Smoker, I'd really appreciate you thoughts in detail on the Balkan Liquid @prof beard . It was one of my greatest regrets that Balkan Sobranie disappeared and whilst others mimic'd it no one ever quite got it right.
If this does a bit more than hint at it, then I'd be a very happy man.

Why not come and have a chat at http://www.theguitargrounds.co.uk
16/03/15 05:25 PM
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

(16/03/15 05:25 PM)Rob Stobbs Wrote:  As an Ex Pipe Smoker, I'd really appreciate you thoughts in detail on the Balkan Liquid @prof beard . It was one of my greatest regrets that Balkan Sobranie disappeared and whilst others mimic'd it no one ever quite got it right.
If this does a bit more than hint at it, then I'd be a very happy man.
Whilst no liquid can ever taste just like the smoke, the Balkan has a very definite "Balkaness" - if you get some I'd recommend leaving it to stand for a week or so - it seems to improve it.

16/03/15 05:28 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like prof beard's post:
Falconeer (01/11/15), Rob Stobbs (16/03/15)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)