Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
The "Carto equals" claim thread
lazydog Offline

Likes Given: 665
Sex: Male
RE: The "Carto equals" claim thread
I know this is impossible but it would be interesting to have the findings from the people who have bought the like of E-Lite tried them for just a few hours then chucked 'em in the draw and vowed never to waste their money again these sort of people never venture onto UKV so never really find that there are cheaper ways worth pursuing.

e-Cigcoupons
Midlands Vaping
Vaping Cloud Radio

Handle life as a dog does. If ya can't eat it or Hump it. Piss on it & walk away.
20/08/12 12:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
PapaLazarou Offline

Likes Given: 674
(20/08/12 09:41 AM)FlavourArtUK Wrote:  Maybe you could expand the thread to include all advertising that might be
perceived as misleading or which might require further clarification.

I would have expected all ECITA members to be leading the way in this field
but that might not be the case when viewing some of their members' websites.

Vapourlites have 'quit smoke - flavour vapour' on the packaging for their refills
and also state 'Vapourlites now supply NHS staff with electronic cigarettes' which
might be true if any NHS staff member has bought one but which also might imply
an official connection with the NHS.

Vapestick state "it produces a harmless water 'vapour'" and
"you won't have to worry about harming your health if you choose to smoke e cigarettes",
which we know has not yet been scientifically proven.

Fantacig offer an Esweets ecig with no nicotine stating "making it friendly and desirable to
both smokers and non smokers alike". This could easily prompt claims from the antis of
'enticing non smokers to take up a habit that could be the gateway to Nicotine addiction'.

Freedom cigarettes state, "Super Cartomiser refills (i-Pack and 2012 starter kit) last
approximately 350 puffs depending on the user. This is approximately two packets of
traditional cigarettes. Our new Super Cartomiser disposable lasts approximately 600 puffs
depending on the user. This is approximately three packets of traditional cigarettes,
which is amazing value for money."

Vapouriz state, "Unlike other disposables available on the market today, the Vapouriz Solo
lasts for much longer, each one lasts the equivalent of up to approximately 40 normal cigarettes!"

VIP state, "each filter offers comparable use to 40 regular cigarettes".

This doesn't reflect well on ECITA who charge £600 per month membership
to vendors and claim their services include full compliancy and ethical practice checks.
Maybe ECCA could liaise with ECITA on these issues?

Cheers

JC

Wow. Some of those claims are ludicrous. I suppose if you don't define what a "puff" is you can make any claims you want eh?

I could probably take 1000+ 0.5 second drags from a carto - I doubt the coil would ever get hot enough to vapourise much liquid in half a second. And using a thoroughly researched (made up) figure of 10 puffs per cigarette I can say 1 carto = 100 cigarettes. Genius!

I don't know what ECITA's position is on puff counts and cigarette equivalents (I suppose you have to consider the actual claims from member firms as evidence they are fine with it) but I would have thought things like "quit smoke" on the Vapourlites packaging would be on their radar?
20/08/12 02:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Matt Gluggles Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,011
Sex: Undisclosed
There are some people that buy a kit because they have been misled by exagerated claims of a cartomiser being equal to 40 cigs - and who then go on to become vapers - It is a completely flawed idea to hold up these people as a justification for the false claims.

For every one of those people there will be many more that feel ripped off and never touch an e-cig again.

And in anycase - there is just no need - If a pre-filled carto (especially if it is 24mg+) is advertised as equal to 10 cigs, then not many people would argue with that, and it is perfectly possible to retail these at alot less than the price of a pack of 10 cigs.
(This post was last modified: 20/08/12 07:16 PM by Matt Gluggles.)
20/08/12 02:59 PM
JayLavEnts Offline
Retailer- London
Vendors

Likes Given: 470
(20/08/12 12:38 PM)lazydog Wrote:  I know this is impossible but it would be interesting to have the findings from the people who have bought the like of E-Lite tried them for just a few hours then chucked 'em in the draw and vowed never to waste their money again these sort of people never venture onto UKV so never really find that there are cheaper ways worth pursuing.

My stand sels the E200 starter kit, but also I stock disposables for people that don't want to, or cannot, spend £40. In order to encourage them to stick at vaping, we give them a price break on the starter kit if they return with a used disposable. Kinda like try before you buy.

The relevance to the post is that the response if those people is 85% return to buy a kit (I.e, there is a measurable number of discounted kits sold and it is approximately equal to the percentage of disposables that come back.)

But then again, I hasten to add that these customers have had the benefit of a face to face discussion with a vaper prior to purchase to prepare them and educate them before they rush to their own conclusions Tongue
20/08/12 03:06 PM
JayLavEnts Offline
Retailer- London
Vendors

Likes Given: 470
(20/08/12 02:59 PM)Gluggler Wrote:  For everyone of those people there will be many more that feel ripped off and never touch an e-cig again.

Very true, on balance.

(20/08/12 02:59 PM)Gluggler Wrote:  And in anycase - there is just no need - If a pre-filled carto (especially if it is 24mg) is advertised as equal to 10 cigs, then not many people would argue with that, and it is perfectly possible to retail these at alot less than the price of a pack of 10 cigs.

I think it would work out the same price mate, even at £7.99 for 2carts. But then again, E-Lites carts are somewhat more pricey than others on the market, making it definately possible. In truth I agree it is irrelevant to the supplier in that regard what it is marketed as, only to the consumer. A sale of two carts is still a sale of two carts, with the same margins as before.

I'm trying to be as balanced as I can but as a vaper, I know the truth (I.e. my truth) and that must come first.

I think I've said enough on this now Roll Eyes
Back to work
20/08/12 03:53 PM
FlavourArtUK Offline
Vaping Pioneer since 13-10-2008
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,012
Is there anyone from the ECITA admin that might care to comment on some of the statements
made on websites by their members? Surely things like 'quit smoke', 'friendly and desirable to
both smokers and non smokers alike', and "you won't have to worry about harming your health
if you choose to smoke e cigarettes' should at least merit their concern.

Cheers

JC

√-1 2^3 ∑ π and it was delicious!
20/08/12 06:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like FlavourArtUK's post:
Chrissie (20/08/12), Matt Gluggles (20/08/12)
Chrissie Offline

Likes Given: 264
Sex: Female
Anyone that knows me in the vaping world will also know this is one of my biggest gripes - vendors like e-lites etc making such false claims.

JC, I have also hoped that ECITA would comment on the many threads regarding this matter on just about every e-cig forum, but from memory they never have done so Sad Maybe that is due to the fact that elites are a founding member & also have other connections with ECITA from what I have read?

Sam, I really do hope that ECCA run with this.

20/08/12 09:20 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chrissie's post:
Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) (21/08/12)
Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) Offline
Vapers InAle

Likes Given: 574
I will put my two penneth in here as well.

For ecigs to be widely accepted, good, reliable UK tested products need to be sold honestly. Maximising profit is something that can happen at a later date by those in a position to do so. False claims and spurious advertising plays into the hands of those that are fighting against ecigs. Those ECITA members that fall into that category need challenging.

I'm really disappointed that ECITA cares more about 'wealth generation' than common sense Sad

Russell

PS Tongue

20/08/12 09:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP)'s post:
Chrissie (20/08/12), FlavourArtUK (21/08/12)
Paco Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 28
The "carto equals" while deceiving does not harm anyone. What about the constant unsupported claims by "Intellicig"?

For years they have been talking about having done this study and that test, yet have released no data to support it.
21/08/12 03:34 AM
FlavourArtUK Offline
Vaping Pioneer since 13-10-2008
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,012
(21/08/12 03:34 AM)Paco Wrote:  The "carto equals" while deceiving does not harm anyone. What about the constant unsupported claims by "Intellicig"?

For years they have been talking about having done this study and that test, yet have released no data to support it.

I think that question will be answered when they receive their MA.
They are playing on the same pitch as the big boys, so they play a different game.
You could say we're just having a kick around on the car park, such is life.

JC

As an afterthought, your first paragraph implies that claims by Intellicig harm someone.
I don't know whether that was intentional or accidental rhetoric, but I'm sure Intellicig intend no harm to anyone.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π and it was delicious!
21/08/12 06:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)