Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
The "Flying Vaper"
Jon_h Offline

Likes Given: 4
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: The "Flying Vaper"
Just out of interest what happens on a plane if old mrs miggins sat two rows back doesn't know what vaping is and starts screaming about smoke from that man etc?
I'd be well up for it being allowed but probably bear in mind the consequences of a flight potentially being diverted must be fairly big....
10/05/14 07:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Dusk Offline

Likes Given: 361
Sex: Male
I'm sure the cabin staff could diffuse any problems if the old biddy in 42C decided to have an eppy before they ditch in the Atlantic
10/05/14 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
JoBo Offline
over-sensitive
Vendors

Likes Given: 9,159
It's not the M6, they might be forced to take commonsense action should such a situation arise. What?
10/05/14 07:26 PM
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,191

(10/05/14 06:44 PM)skelde Wrote:  Yeah that's what I was thinking, but was wondering if the Prof is imparting some old school esoteric knowledge that might come in handy Wink

No it is just using your mod openly but not blowing clouds (I can do it and blow out more or less nothing) - having something that looks nothing like a cig and has no lights on it helps a lot

I won't slave for beggar's pay,
likewise gold and jewels,
but I would slave to learn the way
to sink your ship of fools

(This post was last modified: 10/05/14 07:34 PM by prof beard.)
10/05/14 07:33 PM
voxdub Offline

Likes Given: 36
Sex:
Hold it in, slow exhale through nose down onto clothing, not a problem. If you can't manage it go to the toilet and pray the last person in there didn't unleash fury, I'd prefer not to vape fecal matter though
10/05/14 07:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes voxdub's post:
fredhogg (10/05/14)
lexalove Offline
Flavour Junkie / Long Mod Hater
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 17
I fly quite often on business. I've only recently risked taking my mod in carry on due to the nightmare scenario of some ignorant security guard trying to confiscate my Nemy!! I think i would have to miss the flight in those circumstances lol.

My advice, and this is what i always do now, at the check-in desk ask the airlines policy on e-cigs. Then at least if they don't allow them you have the opportunity to slip it into your hold luggage.

I would never risk vaping on the plane. First, i can go without for the duration of the flight (even 12 hours to Hong Kong). Second i would be mortified if i caused an incident because someone mistook my vape as smoke.

Fave Mods: DIY Raptor 20A, DNA200 GBoy & Stubby Modz
Fave Attys: Origen Genny Mk2, Ubertoot #100
19/05/14 01:23 AM
JoBo Offline
over-sensitive
Vendors

Likes Given: 9,159
You're better off checking with the airline and the airport long before you get to the check-in desk.

You can't legally put lithium in the hold. If it gets picked up on x-ray, confiscation is a lot more likely than if it's in your hand luggage.
19/05/14 02:00 AM
johnp Offline

Likes Given: 80
Been on many flights now with my kit, as long as you keep batteries safe no one cares and nothing goes in checked I used to get the odd question a few years back but nothing at all in the past year or so about what my kit is as long as you follow the guidelines, no one seems to have a problem with it. I used to be quite paranoid about taking mechs with me and getting stopped but out of all the flights I have taken I can honestly say I have only been questioned twice and it was still not a problem and that was not in the last year I also quite openly stealth vaped both in flight and in the airports never got stopped but then there was never nothing to exhale.
19/05/14 03:12 AM
Welsh Lad Offline

Likes Given: 583
Stealth exhale into a wet wipe it absorbs the vapour, works for me and looks like your wiping your nose
19/05/14 08:28 AM
VeeDubZ Offline
UK SLiCK Vapers

Likes Given: 1,240
Personally i wouldnt risk vaping on a plane, all it takes is someone to not stealth it right and for someone to see the vape and think its smoke, get paranoid and it could mean a blanket ban on even taking them onto the plane in luggage or in the hold, i would hate to go on holiday and not be able to take my vape stuff with me....
19/05/14 08:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)