Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Russian 91%
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

Likes Given: 2,948
Sex: Male
RE: The Russian 91%
I buy a lot of software, music, films and TV shows. I pirate a lot of them too. I'll very often make a purchase on the back of something that I've pirated. It would seem that's not unusual if you look at other pirates' spending habits; on average they spend more on music etc than their non-piratey peers. The reasons for that are unclear, but there it is.

What I can tell you for certain is that I've never pirated something shit and gone onto buy it. I can also tell you that if the quality of the copy isn't up to snuff but the product seems good, I'll buy it instead. I also pirate things that I have absolutely no intention of buying - things that are so whimsical or overpriced that they're not worth shelling out for - there's no lost sale there but there's always the chance I'll love it and decide it's worth buying after all.

Some things are simply too difficult or expensive to get ahold of. Limited availability drives people to piracy. Whatever the ethics of it may be, it's true. Piracy may not be a perfect analogy but the parallels to what's happening in vaping are striking.
26/07/13 11:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like JustPoo's post:
Clive (26/07/13), SoulVaperBaby (26/07/13), zigackly (26/07/13)
Clive Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 229
The Russian 91%
Come on if you guys are any where near my age i am sure you must have taped music from the radio on to a cassette Smiling is that also not piracy but piracy does drive innovation you only have to look at the iphone that's why they bring out a new model all the time so as to keep ahead of the competition ( mind you that's really not a good example ) and of course marketing bring out a new model all then want the new one wether it be better or not it is just the latest. mind you some people will always buy quality over quantity and others will always go for quantity could you also not say that supermarket own brands are a rip off of the original and have you never bought those ? Personally for me knock offs might look good but they never feel like the original even if they do work as well but the original has to be available all the time and not in limited numbers. if they want to be market leaders and not complain about copies if every one could get hold of the original I think people would. We are all guilty of buying copies at one time or another in our life but as long as its not illegal who are we to condemn those that do.

Brass nemesis / Dicodes Dani S extreme / taifun gt / kayfun 3.1 ES / ithaka / steamboy stormrider 2.1 / Hercules + kayfun conversion / AGA td / Origen dripper Smiling Jump for Joy
26/07/13 11:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like Clive's post:
SoulVaperBaby (26/07/13), zigackly (26/07/13)
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

Likes Given: 2,948
(26/07/13 11:34 PM)Clive Wrote:  could you also not say that supermarket own brands are a rip off of the original and have you never bought those ?

That's a very interesting point. Similar packet, similar product, sold right next to the real thing along with a thousand other own branded products competing directly with the major labels. I can't remember the last time someone had a go at me for eating Tesco's own extra strong mints.

Tricky to remain consistent if you take the view that all copies are bad.
26/07/13 11:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 3 users Like JustPoo's post:
Clive (26/07/13), SoulVaperBaby (27/07/13), zigackly (26/07/13)
Cerberus X Offline
New Member Old Face

Likes Given: 179
just checked it out....it works out at £68.96p...all in p&p plus tax....and it doesn't include the UK tax on these ....ouch...still like the idea of a bulk buy
27/07/13 12:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
SoulVaperBaby Offline
Taifun GT SvoeMesto Kayfun Junkie
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 1,907
(27/07/13 12:17 AM)Cerberus X Wrote:  just checked it out....it works out at £68.96p...all in p&p plus tax....and it doesn't include the UK tax on these ....ouch...still like the idea of a bulk buy

It's £68.96 all in for everything there no UK Tax on top of that price.
Subtotal €68.81 EUR
Postage and packaging €12.00 EUR
Total €80.81 EUR
Payment €80.81 EUR
Total £69.74

Nigel

Mods = Billet Box, StiG Helix, ZNA, MCR, PAPS LUX, Torchwood, Woody DNA 20
Atty = Nahual 22 , JMG 22, Chimera, Hellfire Micro Mega,The Rose V2,GT Taifun, Kayfun x 12, Foggatti T22
DIY DNA 30 = The Copper DNA, Old Silver DNA, Old Rusty DNA
DIY SX = Black Betty, Clockwork Orange
27/07/13 07:08 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SoulVaperBaby's post:
Cerberus X (27/07/13)
jubiare Offline

Likes Given: 378
Group buy started look for it in the classified section

£50 delivered (if it's less you'll get refunded

One set for each member

First comes first

25pieces only
27/07/13 04:01 PM
ScottChensoda Offline

Likes Given: 21
Already bought and paid for mine, thanks all the same.

Sent to you from my keyboard by Digittap
27/07/13 11:30 PM
gallus Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 335
(25/07/13 08:37 PM)SoulVaperBaby Wrote:  The funny thing is if SvoeMesto change there design on the KFL it will be a clone of The Russian 91% fact, watch this space.

That's an interesting mistake.

SvoeMesto have to try out the mind boggling number of permutations to their designs when considering their final retail price. The adjustable draw screw was their own design from an earlier model and they will have considered carefully whether it was worth the trouble of including it in the KL.

The copiest just how much it will cost to get someone to stick it in a laser scanner and email them the numbers.

Given that there's no logical ethical argument I've ever seen that could justify buying a clone I wonder which is the best value for money.

The copiest only has to wonder how much lower they need to go than the KL to trigger buying by people who don't care or know about the above.

Imagine the frustrating irony of the original manufacturer having to increase their retail prices to accomodate potential copying.
28/07/13 09:25 AM
SoulVaperBaby Offline
Taifun GT SvoeMesto Kayfun Junkie
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 1,907
(28/07/13 09:25 AM)gallusimpudicus Wrote:  
(25/07/13 08:37 PM)SoulVaperBaby Wrote:  The funny thing is if SvoeMesto change there design on the KFL it will be a clone of The Russian 91% fact, watch this space.

That's an interesting mistake.

SvoeMesto have to try out the mind boggling number of permutations to their designs when considering their final retail price. The adjustable draw screw was their own design from an earlier model and they will have considered carefully whether it was worth the trouble of including it in the KL.

The copiest just how much it will cost to get someone to stick it in a laser scanner and email them the numbers.

Given that there's no logical ethical argument I've ever seen that could justify buying a clone I wonder which is the best value for money.

The copiest only has to wonder how much lower they need to go than the KL to trigger buying by people who don't care or know about the above.

Imagine the frustrating irony of the original manufacturer having to increase their retail prices to accomodate potential copying.

That a far point and I respect your point of view but that the world we live in and at the end of the day it's down to how much you or anyone else is willing to spend on something, going back to my original point I said the KFL was to airy I made a point that there should be a air screw and since then The Russian 91% has been made with improvements to the original design.
http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Kayfun-lite?p...#pid460739

Nigel

Mods = Billet Box, StiG Helix, ZNA, MCR, PAPS LUX, Torchwood, Woody DNA 20
Atty = Nahual 22 , JMG 22, Chimera, Hellfire Micro Mega,The Rose V2,GT Taifun, Kayfun x 12, Foggatti T22
DIY DNA 30 = The Copper DNA, Old Silver DNA, Old Rusty DNA
DIY SX = Black Betty, Clockwork Orange
28/07/13 09:57 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SoulVaperBaby's post:
jubiare (28/07/13)
jubiare Offline

Likes Given: 378
I own a kfl. How many people, like Nigel, believe it needs a adjustable airflow?
I can't compare mine to anything, just yet
28/07/13 02:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jubiare's post:
SoulVaperBaby (28/07/13)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)