Please read and share the UK Vapers E-Cigarette Facts Pamphlet available Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The SQuape by Stattqualm - 1st impressions, microcoil, follow up, standard silica
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

Likes Given: 1,836
Sex: Male
The SQuape by Stattqualm - 1st impressions, microcoil, follow up, standard silica
Here's a video of my first thoughts about the squape, its novel feature is that the deck and chimney is covered in "ematal" so is nonconductive. As you can see in the video - I appeared to get a short circuit when coiling and I'm still not sure why, I've checked the coating and it seems intact. Anyhow, here's the video -

Here's a quick follow up video - I've been having a few problems with it. The ematal coating has a scratch in it, wicking with silica is poor at higher power and the design means that it's very difficult to rectify. It is so sensitive to coiling that dry hits and leaking are going to happen.

(This post was last modified: 23/09/13 11:44 AM by JustPoo. )
21/09/13 08:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like JustPoo's post:
AndyMan (21/09/13), Barneyboy (21/09/13)
AndyMan Online
Eden Mods Designer
Mod Vendors

Likes Given: 832
RE: The SQuape by Stattqualm - 1st impressions and microcoil
I'm curious to know how resilient that coating is and to know whether having no threads on the chimney and not having a raised airhole leads to a leaking issue

The Rose Atomizer - Batch#2 Underway
21/09/13 08:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

(21/09/13 08:40 PM)AndyMan Wrote:  I'm curious to know how resilient that coating is and to know whether having no threads on the chimney and not having a raised airhole leads to a leaking issue

Not resilient enough, I've just looked at it very closely and there's a tiny scratch on the inside of the centre coil hole. The wire must have been touching it, it's a natural path for it to take.

There's no leaks from the non-threaded chimney but it is sensitive to the wick placement and size and I've had a couple of floodings now. I'll do a follow up video in a few days.
21/09/13 08:52 PM
alauda Offline

Likes Given: 38
I may be lucky, but 2mm ekowool, as a single strand, seems to be working well., with .20 kanthal. Boring I know, but I am a newbie. No leaks so far...arrived Friday morning. It looks as though the coating may be sprayed on, as I have a little bit of a fault on one down channel. It is though the machining left a tiny burr and the coating applied over it. I have just examined mine with a loupe and the surface appears intact. Biggest criticism so far was removing the chimney. I had to use a vice to hold the hex key. At one point I even wondered if it was reverse threaded.

So far so good. As an aside, the full metal tank is a great addition as I hate plastic tanks.
(This post was last modified: 21/09/13 11:06 PM by alauda. )
21/09/13 10:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Dangermouse Offline
Mouse Power

Likes Given: 12
Great video JPBiggrinsmiley

Evic
Vamo V2
Davide ss mega
Fogger V2
22/09/13 07:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Mimsy Offline
Left Voluntarily

Likes Given: 124
Another solid video that answered pretty much all of my questions.

But I still feel disappointed I haven't seen GingerPoo pop up like TJ sometimes does in Todd's vids Wink
22/09/13 11:13 AM
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

Here's a quick follow up video - I've been having a few problems with it. The ematal coating has a scratch in it, wicking with silica is poor at higher power and the design means that it's very difficult to rectify. It is so sensitive to coiling that dry hits and leaking are going to happen.

23/09/13 11:42 AM
Darvaper Offline

Likes Given: 1
The SQuape by Stattqualm - 1st impressions, microcoil, follow up, standard si...
Good review poo
Where do you get your fat needles from?
23/09/13 12:07 PM
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

RE: The SQuape by Stattqualm - 1st impressions, microcoil, follow up, standard silica
They came with larger syringes I think, 10ml ones seem to come with fatter needles. Good for vg and microcoils Smiling
23/09/13 12:25 PM
Darvaper Offline

Likes Given: 1
The SQuape by Stattqualm - 1st impressions, microcoil, follow up, standard si...
What colour are the plastic bits as I couldn't really tell in the video.
Cheers poo
23/09/13 01:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)