Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The inconsiderate vaper myth
JoBo Offline

Likes Given: 3,625
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: The inconsiderate vaper myth
I don't think I've ever seen anyone blaming cloud-chasers, just people who exhale visible vapour in no-smoking areas. Mostly kids trying to make it look like they're smoking in a no-smoking area and yes, of course they will get it banned.

If you can't inhale properly, take it outside.
02/02/14 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
JamalKing Offline
Pinoy Lover

Likes Given: 556
Sex: Male

(02/02/14 09:36 PM)JoBo Wrote:  Mostly kids trying to make it look like they're smoking in a no-smoking area and yes, of course they will get it banned.

No they won't. The ANTZ will.
02/02/14 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Charlie Monkey Offline

Likes Given: 598
(02/02/14 09:36 PM)JoBo Wrote:  I don't think I've ever seen anyone blaming cloud-chasers, just people who exhale visible vapour in no-smoking areas. Mostly kids trying to make it look like they're smoking in a no-smoking area and yes, of course they will get it banned.

If you can't inhale properly, take it outside.

Don't you exhale visible vapour?
02/02/14 09:42 PM
yahoo2u2 Offline
Vaping is NOT a crime, banning it is

Likes Given: 362
what a load of bollox. The bans are not because of cloud chasers, its simply the link with smoking and that of vaping. Most people cannot and do not see a difference between the two. You and me and all vapers know the difference.

However, all establishments must also protect their employees and customers where possible and as vaping is a new unknown technology and the long term effects are little known, they are playing on the side of caution.

I started a thread a while ago on the ban of ecigs,in that I dont care if they treat vaping just like smoking in public places as long as they leave the supply and availability alone, this does not look like it wil happen with the TPD. Sad

Smile it wont hurt you....go on try itHeHe!
02/02/14 09:45 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes yahoo2u2's post:
craigie1874 (03/02/14)
Steve1962 Offline

Likes Given: 92
Its been banned because smokers are using vapers as an excuse to spark up indoors thinking they wont be noticed, especially when they have had a couple of scoops and are being less than fully co-operative. Causes a total nightmare for the managers of these places because if they have a smoker on the premises they can lose their licence. The rights and wrongs of that particular piece of legislation are another matter entirely.

Its ignorant smokers being idiots that have caused this - not cloud chasers.
02/02/14 09:47 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve1962's post:
JamalKing (02/02/14)
JoBo Offline

Likes Given: 3,625
(02/02/14 09:37 PM)JamalKing Wrote:  
(02/02/14 09:36 PM)JoBo Wrote:  Mostly kids trying to make it look like they're smoking in a no-smoking area and yes, of course they will get it banned.

If you don't exhale anything, no one cares. I've never been asked to stop because no one even notices.

Maybe in a few year's time vaping will be normal and no one will care any more than they used to about smoking. But right now, if you're drawing attention to it and forcing people to breathe your second-hand juice, expect to get asked to go outside and expect to get it banned for everyone else.

There's no need to be a dick about it. Inhaling properly is not that bloody difficult.
02/02/14 09:49 PM
kck74 Offline

Likes Given: 5
(02/02/14 09:49 PM)JoBo Wrote:  
(02/02/14 09:37 PM)JamalKing Wrote:  

If you don't exhale anything, no one cares. I've never been asked to stop because no one even notices.

Maybe in a few year's time vaping will be normal and no one will care any more than they used to about smoking. But right now, if you're drawing attention to it and forcing people to breathe your second-hand juice, expect to get asked to go outside and expect to get it banned for everyone else.

There's no need to be a dick about it. Inhaling properly is not that bloody difficult.

That's what I meant Smiling
02/02/14 09:58 PM
Whistler Offline
Gah!

Likes Given: 137
Inconsiderate vapers are not a myth. Inconsiderate vapers are the people that walk into someone else establishment/home, whip out their mod and start vaping without the courtesy of asking the owner if they mind.

In the world that we are living, with so many people putting vaping in the same boat as smoking, we need to show we are courteous and not out to harm anybody. We need to show that we are not just doing it to get around the smoking ban (which so many people especially the ANTZ think).

I always ask if people mind, if they do I just go outside. No big problem, I went outside when I smoked.

If we show we are approachable and courteous, people who do not know about vaping may just ask about them, start a conversation in which we can change the mind of a person who was maybe sitting on the fence, to being pro vaping.

As a note, even when people say they don't mind I make an effort to keep the amount of vapour I exhale to a minimum either by dialling down the voltage if I use my provari, or taking shorter drags if using a mech.

Just my opinion of course.
02/02/14 10:11 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Whistler's post:
funkybunch (03/02/14), itsmeitis (03/02/14), pilotx (03/02/14), Smarty90 (03/02/14)
ilsenator Offline
Steaming.

Likes Given: 34
Much as a others have said, vaping in public does make it much harder to enforce the smoking ban - for an extreme analogy, it's akin to banning replica firearms... better safe than sorry etc.

So I'd say cloud chasing is actually less of a problem. It's cigalikes and little egoey wafts that are confusing people.

Speaking of egoey wafts I do occasionally fart in public places. It's just the ones that follow-through that are ruining it for the rest of us.
02/02/14 10:28 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ilsenator's post:
FlavourArtUK (03/02/14), yahoo2u2 (02/02/14)
Wonko Offline

Likes Given: 1,816
Approachable and curteous gets you nowhere, we've collectively been approachable and curteous and we're being shafted. Historically other groups have tried being approachable and curteous and been shafted until they stood up for themselves. I don't doubt it works in a one to one situation, but as far as politics go it's a complete wash out.

Which isn't to say i endorse a militant approach, that will also get you nowhere, if your lucky, but always backing down, pre-emptively backing down, they just say your happy to be a doormat, that you don't count, and people, the media, companies and "officials" will see you as irrelvant. Ring any bells?
(This post was last modified: 02/02/14 10:53 PM by Wonko. )
02/02/14 10:51 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Wonko's post:
JamalKing (03/02/14), RobC (03/02/14)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)