Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
The russian
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

Likes Given: 2,311
Sex: Male
RE: The russian kayfun clone
Wowser, I feel a tinge of pride that my folks make such good clones. Then half of me berates the other half for ripping people off. You've made me happy and sad Smiling Sad
24/06/13 10:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes JustPoo's post:
Welshie (25/06/13)
Teeks Offline
Like a bad smell

Likes Given: 1,190
Sex: Undisclosed
There is no reason the Chinese cannot make a quality product (they make Iphones)

it's more down to wanting to bang everything out at $5
24/06/13 11:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Switch Offline
SCHNAARF!!

Likes Given: 586
Id give one a go. At the end of the day i cant tell someone there wrong for wanting the same hairstyle...

24/06/13 11:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

No there's no reason at all why they shouldn't. We're already starting to see higher quality materials being used so once they start moving into higher end original designs I think we're in for a treat.
24/06/13 11:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes JustPoo's post:
maxim (24/06/13)
maxim Offline
silica and proud

Likes Given: 309
(24/06/13 10:26 PM)Teeks Wrote:  Why are people assuming this is Russian because its called "the Russian"

The reason it is called that is because Svoemesto are Russian Roll Eyes

This will be made in China no doubt

(24/06/13 10:19 PM)maxim Wrote:  speaking as someone who's lumped £120 for a genuine kayfun, I don't really have a problem with copies.

at the end of the day it's the way of the world. someone designs something and if it's a winner, then someone else with a greater capacity will take it to the masses. the way the copies are coming out these days, I think any craftsman has to accept it as part of the risk when creating their piece. if you make something that's awesome, then be prepared to be able to supply the demand. otherwise someone else will step in and do it for you thus killing your revenue in its infancy.

the copy may not be as good quality initially but they catch up eventually.

my only beef with this kayfun copy is that it is an exact copy by the looks of it. and despite how much I enjoy my kayfun, it's ugly as fuck.

I'd love to see the principle of the kayfun applied in different formats. I appreciate that everything about it contributes to the quality of the vape but as the mini proves itself, the basis of the vape is the way it works, not the size/shape/dimensions, etc.

so if china were to start copying kayfun's, I'd like to see different form factors to at least make the damn thing look good on a mod as I've never once seen a kayfun on a mod that I thought looked good.

visually, it's bobbins.

Didn't they try that with the dream? now that thing is beyond fugly!

true mate, true.

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder at the end of the day.

best looking device I own (in my opinion of course) is the killer in a trap tank. now, the principle is not a million miles away between the two. bottom fed, silica based, swollen chamber. there are obviously many differences but for me, they vape very similar.

pros of the kayfun is that it's very easy to setup and rewick. cons are that it's ugly as sin. pros of the killer/tank is that it's beautiful (to me), cons are that it's a ball ache with the ceramic, the res/no-res, etc. I suppose if you could adopt the kayfun 'deck' and integrate it into the base of the tank, and fasten the centre tube to the inside of the top cap, then you're talking about a decent combo.

sounds like an evod I guess, or to be posh, a taifun. and maybe that is what I'm describing. but I'd like to see that set up modelled on the looks of a carto tank.

that would literally be the tits for me. I wouldn't know whether to vape it or shag it.

kayfun + nemesis = perfect
24/06/13 11:10 PM
Teeks Offline
Like a bad smell

Likes Given: 1,190
yup, if people ask for it and then wave money at them they will build it.
24/06/13 11:10 PM
maxim Offline
silica and proud

(24/06/13 11:07 PM)JustPoo Wrote:  No there's no reason at all why they shouldn't. We're already starting to see higher quality materials being used so once they start moving into higher end original designs I think we're in for a treat.

agreed, now they've started moving into mech mods and 22mm atties it's only a matter of time before capacity meets design meets quality and then we're really talking.

vaping will probably be banned by then but sod it. I'll buy the stuff as ornaments. HeHe!

24/06/13 11:12 PM
sej016 Offline
Mainly E-Pipe Mods
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 905
Quote:true mate, true.

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder at the end of the day.

best looking device I own (in my opinion of course) is the killer in a trap tank. now, the principle is not a million miles away between the two. bottom fed, silica based, swollen chamber. there are obviously many differences but for me, they vape very similar.

pros of the kayfun is that it's very easy to setup and rewick. cons are that it's ugly as sin. pros of the killer/tank is that it's beautiful (to me), cons are that it's a ball ache with the ceramic, the res/no-res, etc. I suppose if you could adopt the kayfun 'deck' and integrate it into the base of the tank, and fasten the centre tube to the inside of the top cap, then you're talking about a decent combo.

sounds like an evod I guess, or to be posh, a taifun. and maybe that is what I'm describing. but I'd like to see that set up modelled on the looks of a carto tank.

that would literally be the tits for me. I wouldn't know whether to vape it or shag it.

Take another look at the ROSE. It integrates and combines all the best bits of the Kayfun and Killer.

Steve J
Vaporatum ergo sum

http://www.pipevapes.co.uk/
(This post was last modified: 25/06/13 09:33 AM by sej016. )
25/06/13 09:31 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes sej016's post:
maxim (25/06/13)
maxim Offline
silica and proud

I have mate and it does appeal but again, it's a hell of a lump. like the Kayfun.

I'm not criticising it. it's obviously my taste that is the issue here and I don't expect anyone to make the exact mod I want. the rose does look like a very good combo though and it's great to see some products coming out of the UK.

strikes me as odd though that we tend to focus on atties and don't make any mech mods really. strange.

25/06/13 10:33 AM
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

(25/06/13 10:33 AM)maxim Wrote:  strikes me as odd though that we tend to focus on atties and don't make any mech mods really. strange.

I like it - it's targeting the important bit. The innovation that makes a real difference to the vape is going to come in the atties, once you get an acceptable voltage drop there's not a lot between the mechs really.
25/06/13 10:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)