Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Thunderclap: Stop Wales from banning ecigs in public!
Nicotine-Addict-Dave Offline
Keep calm and take Valium

Likes Given: 268
Sex: Male
RE: Thunderclap: Stop Wales from banning ecigs in public!
So the Thunderclap article...Is the Welsh Government proposing to ban ecigs everywhere in public? IE everywhere outdoors? Or are they proposing the same ban as smoking tobacco as it stands. The article isn't clear.

As for the petition...I personally don't agree with it. I'm very aware vaping and smoking are 2 different things but I still reckon vaping in places smoking is banned is just alienating the majority of the public, and we have enough of that already.

Smokers can sit in a restaurant or bus, or at work without a fag so why can't vapers? I've always thought there's a bit of childish indignation there.

Just my opinion and not indented to blatantly troll.

I don't want a pickle Just want to ride on my motorsickle.
17/12/14 10:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nicotine-Addict-Dave's post:
Brig (15/01/15)
goatfoot Offline

Likes Given: 83
(17/12/14 10:16 AM)Nicotine-Addict-Dave Wrote:  Smokers can sit in a restaurant or bus, or at work without a fag so why can't vapers? I've always thought there's a bit of childish indignation there.

Nobody has a problem with me vaping at my desk where I work. My doing so harms nobody.

Why should a harmless activity that I find pleasurable be forbidden in enclosed areas without any justification other than comparing it to something that it isn't?

04/01/15 04:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Boadacia! Offline
Arachnids R us!

Likes Given: 2,482
Sex: Female
Human nature being as it is, means many will not want anyone else looking like they're getting pleasure. Especially some* ex smokers.
04/01/15 04:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
itsmeitis Offline
Account Closed

Likes Given: 1,308
Sex:
(04/01/15 04:40 PM)goatfoot Wrote:  
(17/12/14 10:16 AM)Nicotine-Addict-Dave Wrote:  Smokers can sit in a restaurant or bus, or at work without a fag so why can't vapers? I've always thought there's a bit of childish indignation there.

Nobody has a problem with me vaping at my desk where I work. My doing so harms nobody.

Why should a harmless activity that I find pleasurable be forbidden in enclosed areas without any justification other than comparing it to something that it isn't?

while no-one is bothered by your vaping in such setting and so are unlikely to ever object, then there really is zero practical chance of it ever being forbidden ...
(This post was last modified: 04/01/15 04:51 PM by itsmeitis.)
04/01/15 04:47 PM
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,764
(17/12/14 10:16 AM)Nicotine-Addict-Dave Wrote:  I'm very aware vaping and smoking are 2 different things but I still reckon vaping in places smoking is banned is just alienating the majority of the public...

The majority of the public simply won't fucking know...

(17/12/14 10:16 AM)Nicotine-Addict-Dave Wrote:  Smokers can sit in a restaurant or bus, or at work without a fag so why can't vapers?

I agree... that's the beauty of using e-cigs instead! Smiling

iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
The EU TPD is not a victimless crime...
05/01/15 01:41 AM
Boadacia! Offline
Arachnids R us!

Likes Given: 2,482
Sex: Female
Unfortunately, there'll always be the cloud chasing idiots in public places screwing it up for the rest of us too. We need some vapour-less systems.
05/01/15 04:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Boadacia!'s post:
Hugh Crummond (09/06/15)
JoBo Offline
over-sensitive
Vendors

Likes Given: 9,159
Sex: Undisclosed
(17/12/14 10:16 AM)Nicotine-Addict-Dave Wrote:  So the Thunderclap article...Is the Welsh Government proposing to ban ecigs everywhere in public? IE everywhere outdoors? Or are they proposing the same ban as smoking tobacco as it stands. The article isn't clear.

As for the petition...I personally don't agree with it. I'm very aware vaping and smoking are 2 different things but I still reckon vaping in places smoking is banned is just alienating the majority of the public, and we have enough of that already.

Smokers can sit in a restaurant or bus, or at work without a fag so why can't vapers? I've always thought there's a bit of childish indignation there.

Just my opinion and not indented to blatantly troll.

There is certainly the potential for vapers to create a nuisance and many establishments have banned vaping because of anti-social dipshits forcing them to make a decision. That is their right and it is not surprising that they exercise it if vapers cause complaints.

However, that is completely different from governments including vaping in the smoking ban, removing the right of individual establishments to choose to welcome vapers and employers to allow vaping in the workplace.

There are no reasonable grounds to place the same restrictions on vaping, and doing so gives a misleading impression of the relative harms, and reduces the benefits of vaping and the chance of succeeding in quitting. If you still have to go outside with the smokers, why not just smoke instead? In those early days with more intense cravings and probably the need to puff more often on an ecig than you did on a fag, are smoke breaks long enough for vaping to be enough? For dual-fuellers the biggest attraction of vaping is for those times when smoking is impossible, so will they even get started with vaping if that benefit is eliminated by government decree?

The government has a responsibility to everyone, not just the 80% who don't smoke. Ignoring the direct health benefits to smokers, and their families, as well as the wider societal benefit of reducing smoking and, potentially, making tobacco obsolete, in favour of pandering to hypothetical fears and sanctimonious authoritarianism is not good health policy. It does enormous harm in return for very little good.
(This post was last modified: 05/01/15 05:37 AM by JoBo.)
05/01/15 05:35 AM
[-] The following 9 users Like JoBo's post:
alanjana (05/01/15), AlpineNewt (06/01/15), blaze (05/01/15), FlamingKaty (05/01/15), Hugh Crummond (15/10/15), johnhep (11/01/15), Markse (05/01/15), MatthewGivingUp (13/02/15), Toby | iVapour (05/01/15)
zoe.vapor Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 2
Sex:
That's stupid. Why not take the effort to cigarettes?
15/01/15 03:03 AM
politicalconcerns Offline
Professional Interest
Professional Interest

Likes Given: 6
Sex: Undisclosed
IF YOU ARE IN WALES - YOU NEED TO WRITE TO YOUR AM PERSONALLY. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN STOP THIS: THE ASSEMBLY NEEDS TO VOTE IT DOWN.

We are expecting the Welsh Assembly Government to propose a vaping ban in public spaces within the next few hours (by the time you read this it will probably have already happened). If you want to be able to vape indoors in the future, you need to let your assembly members know NOW.

In the past, we have seen that mass campaigns from the community have been a massive help, and we need your support once again. Legislators tell us that personal stories really make a difference, so write to your Assembly Member and tell yours! Let them know that you started vaping because you wanted to get off the fags; let them know that vaping indoors helped you make the transition, and let them know that you don't want to be made to stand with smokers who are likely to give you cigerettes.

This battle isn't over yet - it's just beginning - and we can block this legislation if enough Welsh Assembly members speak out.

Make sure you write to AMs who represent you. To find out who that is go to http://www.assembly.wales/en/memhome/Pages/memhome.aspx and type in your postcode.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Peter

08/06/15 10:46 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes politicalconcerns's post:
blaze (10/06/15)
SwampChutney Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
They just dont want anyone enjoying anything these days.
Plus the anti smoking brigade are feeling cheated by vapers and they will not have that will they.
Pfff
09/06/15 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)