Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Triton Mini coils sudden death
HeyJoe Online

Likes Given: 208
Sex:
RE: Triton Mini coils sudden death
(20/01/17 06:56 AM)VapJak Wrote:  Not the coil - it is a vacuum lock in the tank

Just unscrew the topfill - like half a turn to release the low pressure in the tank - you will see bubbles rise up from around the coil shrouding

Flavour returns to normal !!!!

The older the coil gets the more often you will need to do this

Would occasionally tipping the device upside down negate the problem by exposing the vacuum space to the juice holes and allowing the pressure to equalise... are they air-tight?
(This post was last modified: 31/01/17 11:40 PM by HeyJoe.)
31/01/17 11:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
VapJak Offline

Likes Given: 59
Sex: Undisclosed
Most tanks it is the cotton is slightly packed too tight, in relation to the juice and power being used

manufacturers need to ensure no leaks for all / most style juices, so they tend to overpack rather than underpack

The cotton is there to act as a slow leak seal and of course to act as a wick

So when you stop vaping higher outside pressure should bubble up through the cotton to release the low pressure inside the tank (cos juice has just been consumed)

so either relase the pressure directly open the tank

OR

Take a couple of stronger primer pulls (No firing of the mod) - I usually flutter my finger over the airflow hole to increase the pressure - this draws more liquid into the coil making an even lower pressure - but now the pressure difference is greater and the cotton seal gets broken and air gets into the tank

....sorry sounds worse in writing than it is Smiling
01/02/17 01:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes VapJak's post:
HeyJoe (01/02/17)
HeyJoe Online

Likes Given: 208
Sex:
(01/02/17 01:56 AM)VapJak Wrote:  Most tanks it is the cotton is slightly packed too tight, in relation to the juice and power being used

manufacturers need to ensure no leaks for all / most style juices, so they tend to overpack rather than underpack

The cotton is there to act as a slow leak seal and of course to act as a wick

So when you stop vaping higher outside pressure should bubble up through the cotton to release the low pressure inside the tank (cos juice has just been consumed)

so either relase the pressure directly open the tank

OR

Take a couple of stronger primer pulls (No firing of the mod) - I usually flutter my finger over the airflow hole to increase the pressure - this draws more liquid into the coil making an even lower pressure - but now the pressure difference is greater and the cotton seal gets broken and air gets into the tank

....sorry sounds worse in writing than it is Smiling

I gotcha. Cheers.
01/02/17 03:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)