Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USB Charger flashing between Red and Green
bluenose63 Offline

Likes Given: 402
Sex: Undisclosed
USB Charger flashing between Red and Green
I have 5 different batteries for both of us, and find 2 particular batteries are causing the USB charger to intermittently flash between red/green when charging.

The charger does appear to be fully charging the batteries still. Anyone else experience this and should I look to replace the charger...

15/08/12 04:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Danny Offline
~~~

Likes Given: 48
Sex: Male
RE: USB Charger flashing between Red and Green
My ego charger has always done this. It's normal. It's just the charger checking the voltage and then continuing to charge. Once fully charged, it obviously stays green

hth
Dan
15/08/12 04:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Danny's post:
bluenose63 (15/08/12)
bluenose63 Offline

Likes Given: 402

(15/08/12 04:16 PM)Danny Wrote:  My ego charger has always done this. It's normal. It's just the charger checking the voltage and then continuing to charge. Once fully charged, it obviously stays green

hth
Dan

Thanks for quick reply, just thought it was strange it only seemed to do it with 2 out of the 5 batteries.

15/08/12 04:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Cheekiecharlie Offline
Forum Moderators

Likes Given: 2,693
Mine also done that but now it stays on green constantly but still charges, i only use the batterys for checking coils are working ok, once made so it doesnt get too much use these days

Vaping is a passion not just a hobby Lecture

Still a mixologist extraordinare at heart
15/08/12 04:36 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cheekiecharlie's post:
bluenose63 (15/08/12)
vapermaker Offline
Pro Vape Re-Member

Likes Given: 135
Re: USB Charger flashing between Red and Green
Mine tends to flash between red and green about 20 mins before the end of charging, then goes to permanent green when complete.

Sent From My Android Using Artificial Intelligence
15/08/12 05:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like vapermaker's post:
bluenose63 (15/08/12), Kenneth (21/10/13)
Vaporized Offline
Senior Moment

Likes Given: 221
Sex: Other
(15/08/12 04:18 PM)bluenose63 Wrote:  
(15/08/12 04:16 PM)Danny Wrote:  My ego charger has always done this. It's normal. It's just the charger checking the voltage and then continuing to charge. Once fully charged, it obviously stays green

hth
Dan

Thanks for quick reply, just thought it was strange it only seemed to do it with 2 out of the 5 batteries.

Could be those two batterys have a slightly higher internal resistance than the others.

If their charging fine then its nothing really to worry about.

MrV

Current Vaping kit includes:-LavaTubes, Ego VV's, Ego Tube VV, Siam Mods HEX, VV Gripper, Ego V
Atty's:- Vivi mini Nova, Vision Clearomizers, Boge 510 carts with Kir Fanis traptank and Wee Willie pyrex Tank, Genesis Line V2
Project E-pipe
Vapefest 2014.....is OVER Sadsmiley
15/08/12 05:55 PM
tgun7 Offline

Likes Given: 26
Also noticed this with my new ego twist. It'd flash green every so often then go back to red. It eventually stayed at green and it's fully charged.

15/08/12 07:15 PM
Vaporized Offline
Senior Moment

Likes Given: 221
(15/08/12 07:15 PM)tgun7 Wrote:  Also noticed this with my new ego twist. It'd flash green every so often then go back to red. It eventually stayed at green and it's fully charged.

Sounds like its seeing a current drop in the charge cycle and showing the green to say its fully charged and switching off the charger, voltage drops and thus causing the charge cycle to re-engage and thus showing red again

Nice graph below

Of course the red and green lights may be just indicators, doesnt actually mean its turning the charger off just changing the state of the lights but the fact it goes red again does indicate it might be, all depends how clever and expensive the charger is Undecided

MrV

Current Vaping kit includes:-LavaTubes, Ego VV's, Ego Tube VV, Siam Mods HEX, VV Gripper, Ego V
Atty's:- Vivi mini Nova, Vision Clearomizers, Boge 510 carts with Kir Fanis traptank and Wee Willie pyrex Tank, Genesis Line V2
Project E-pipe
Vapefest 2014.....is OVER Sadsmiley
(This post was last modified: 15/08/12 08:22 PM by Vaporized. )
15/08/12 08:21 PM
MarlowMan Offline

Likes Given: 301
My charger does that when the battery is nearly fully charged. Just leave the bat on charge until you get a solid green.

MM

Mods: Provari Mini, Megalodon (The Don), Vamo X4, Sig 19b
Attys: 3ML Cobra X 2, VH-Genesis, IGO - L, AGA T+, GP spheroid V2, Kayfun 3.1, Russian 91%, Evods 4 out and abaat.

15/08/12 09:16 PM
Pinkerton Offline

Likes Given: 120
Re: USB Charger flashing between Red and Green
I was under the impression that genuine ego batteries will cause the charger to flash green every 5 seconds whereas a similar battery (riva etc) just stays red til fully charged. I could be wrong though.
15/08/12 09:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)