Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VERY, VERY IMPORTANT - PayPal Gift
wes Offline

Likes Given: 69
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: VERY, VERY IMPORTANT - PayPal Gift
Phil, if you were to buy a mod off Prof, surely you would go by FF,.. no? There are members here I know very well in real life, and even one member of my family! and as such will deal with them as I would in the real world, like friends. I might see that they have a sales thread, drop them a pm and do our business. I get it from the sellers point of view and unknowns, but if I'm buying from so and so i know, I would always do it by FF.

I certainly wont break the rules, I guess ill just move communication to email with those I know and trust.

let people learn their own mistakes. Once bitten, twice shy.
(This post was last modified: 31/01/15 01:45 AM by wes.)
30/01/15 05:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 4 users Like wes's post:
Izan (30/01/15), nosmo (30/01/15), osrix (12/09/15), Scritti (02/02/15)
Kenneth Offline

Likes Given: 3,663
Sex: Male
It's a clear rule, but as pm's are private it can't really be policed unless issues come to light. I guess the message is don't do it, and if you do then deal with any issues yourself and don't complain about it here or to the mods.

If you don't request it but someone sends a payment friends and family I guess it can be returned in the same way without any costs being incurred. Personally, I would now, would others?
(This post was last modified: 30/01/15 05:31 PM by Kenneth.)
30/01/15 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like Kenneth's post:
Scritti (02/02/15), zzubnik (30/01/15)
nosmo Offline
whatever!

Likes Given: 218
I would Kenneth.

30/01/15 07:54 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes nosmo's post:
Kenneth (30/01/15)
Phil A Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,343

Kenneth is right - we have no access to PMs and therefore won't be policing this proactively. If people come to a private arrangement to break the rules and use F&F and neither party reports it to us then we won't take any action (because we won't know!).
01/02/15 11:13 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Phil A's post:
Scritti (02/02/15)
konky Offline
Vapin Rat

Likes Given: 4,406
Sex: Other
(30/01/15 04:57 PM)Kenneth Wrote:  I like the rule. I've paid by gift a few times on here ( I haven't bought that much tbh) but the buyer didn't request it, I just thought I'd do them a favour on a low value transaction and voluntary gave up my PayPal protection. I guess nobody would ever know as I wouldn't kick up a fuss in public for such a thing but it would be a harsh ban if they did. But rules are best kept simple so Thumbs Up

I too have done this but only because i fully trusted the person but if i was buying from someone i never knew well i would opt for the protection.

02/02/15 12:02 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes konky's post:
Scritti (02/02/15)
Johnny Conger Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
Cant be outlawing how 2 people want too seal a deal...to many other ways of contacting each other anyways....Paypal gives almost no protection to the seller F/F is a lot better for them and makes sure they get paid for their stuff...I belong to another forum where lots of high priced stuff gets sold....F/F is how it is done...
12/09/15 07:43 AM
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,195
(12/09/15 07:43 AM)Johnny Conger Wrote:  Cant be outlawing how 2 people want too seal a deal...to many other ways of contacting each other anyways....Paypal gives almost no protection to the seller F/F is a lot better for them and makes sure they get paid for their stuff...I belong to another forum where lots of high priced stuff gets sold....F/F is how it is done...

Whilst we cant stop what two people do in private, if you are found to have done this UK Vapers you WILL be banned

I won't slave for beggar's pay,
likewise gold and jewels,
but I would slave to learn the way
to sink your ship of fools

12/09/15 08:39 AM
JoBo Offline
over-sensitive
Vendors

Likes Given: 9,159
Sex: Undisclosed
(12/09/15 07:43 AM)Johnny Conger Wrote:  Cant be outlawing how 2 people want too seal a deal...to many other ways of contacting each other anyways....Paypal gives almost no protection to the seller F/F is a lot better for them and makes sure they get paid for their stuff...I belong to another forum where lots of high priced stuff gets sold....F/F is how it is done...

The seller is protected by the insurance cover they get via their contract with the courier. If they can prove it was posted, they're covered. F/F gives no protection to the buyer and if the courier loses the package they're reliant on the seller to go to the effort of claiming for it on their behalf.

Other forums can have whatever shonky rules they like but this forum has it right, IMO.
12/09/15 12:19 PM
yahoo2u2 Offline
Vaping is NOT a crime, banning it is

Likes Given: 483
I have purchased on here and the seller has asked for FF via PM with this statement sic
"If you dont want to pay via FF then add another £2.50 to cover the fees"
WTF

Smile, it wont hurt you, go on try it......or not, freedom of choice I suppose.
12/09/15 12:24 PM
Kenneth Offline

Likes Given: 3,663
Not cool. Report it to Prof with details.
12/09/15 01:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)