Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VV/VW Mods vs Mechanical Mods - Which is best for me?
Wonko Offline

Likes Given: 1,936
Sex: Male
RE: VV/VW Mods vs Mechanical Mods - Which is best for me?
(01/07/13 10:21 AM)Veyf Wrote:  All these posts about having to clean out the roller...

As long as you don't pour juice down the 510 it can run fine for ages.
Mine doesnt, it's not so much the switch that causes issues, tho it's a factor because the plating quality is so poor, it's also that the brass 510 connector piece needs cleaning so frequently. Freshly cleaned it's a wonderful mod, but it rapidly (within a week, doesnt matter how much it's been used in that time) deterorates to misfiring every few button presses. My other mods dont suffer from this issue, it's not juice getting into the connector/switch, it's stupid levels of oxidisation coupled with poor quality plating in the switch. At some point I'm going to either get a SS 510 connector piece or sell it.
(This post was last modified: 01/07/13 10:53 AM by Wonko. )
01/07/13 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
anthropolyte Offline
He of the beautiful hands

Likes Given: 215
Sex: Undisclosed

Sigh... there's still too much choice, even if I refine my search down to ~£60 mechs. Recommended ones seem to be the Sigelei #8, which I can't find in stock anywhere (any help here?), the Drawtube Smart (also out of stock), the Sigelei #19B (has issues which require modification - not a game changer, I'm happy to modify), the EH Pro Telescope (unknown quantity)... the list goes on.

So help me out! Give me two suggestions for my best mechanical mod - one at any price, one at sub-£60.
01/07/13 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
evergleam Offline
Caped Cru-vaper

Likes Given: 46
My vote for mech mod:

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Megalodon-On-the-cheap

Signature courtesy of Chip, Avatar courtesy of hump3!
01/07/13 11:27 AM
Veyf Offline
Left Voluntarily

Likes Given: 415
(01/07/13 10:52 AM)Wonko Wrote:  
(01/07/13 10:21 AM)Veyf Wrote:  All these posts about having to clean out the roller...

As long as you don't pour juice down the 510 it can run fine for ages.
Mine doesnt, it's not so much the switch that causes issues, tho it's a factor because the plating quality is so poor, it's also that the brass 510 connector piece needs cleaning so frequently. Freshly cleaned it's a wonderful mod, but it rapidly (within a week, doesnt matter how much it's been used in that time) deterorates to misfiring every few button presses. My other mods dont suffer from this issue, it's not juice getting into the connector/switch, it's stupid levels of oxidisation coupled with poor quality plating in the switch. At some point I'm going to either get a SS 510 connector piece or sell it.

Doesn't really match up with my experience and I've had mine for a while.

Might be able to dig out a SS connector for you though, Pretty sure I had a few.
01/07/13 11:50 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veyf's post:
Wonko (01/07/13)
kanifee Offline

Likes Given: 21
Sex:
The draw tube is a fantastic mod, buttery smooth threads, Hits hard right from the box so no mods needed, quality finish & telescopic. Only downside is it doesn't appear to be very compatible with the kick from what i have seen, i have no need for a kick so i haven't researched that in any depth though.
01/07/13 12:02 PM
JustPoo Offline
Call me Poo, just Poo

Likes Given: 2,957
http://ukvapers.org/showthread.php?tid=31140

A draw tube in the classies
01/07/13 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
kanifee Offline

Likes Given: 21
Sex:
Didn't last long did it, to be honest i toyed with the idea of getting rid of mine but i don't have the parts to get my sigeili 19 firing any where near as hard as my draw tube yet and i think i would miss the side button now after lusting for a bottom firing button for so long.

Also the quality in the finish to me is on the draw tubes side. Helps they look stunning polished.
(This post was last modified: 01/07/13 04:35 PM by kanifee. )
01/07/13 04:34 PM
Loganberry Offline

Likes Given: 1,947
As you are not a low resistance, high Watt vaper then the only reason for buying a mech and a kick is aesthetics. If you think it is worth the money for the looks then go ahead. A mech with a kick is pretty much like a VV except that you change the voltage at the push of a button on the VV - with the kick you have to take it out to change; this matters if you are changing devices or even liquids or if you find like me that you want to turn the voltage down when you know you will be chain vaping. The VV will also offer some features such as giving you the coil resistance and battery voltage. If your ordering a Roller you may want to upgrade the button when you buy it rather than have to pay delivery when you upgrade it somewhere down the line (which you probably will ant to do).
01/07/13 07:27 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Loganberry's post:
anthropolyte (01/07/13)
anthropolyte Offline
He of the beautiful hands

Likes Given: 215

(01/07/13 07:27 PM)Loganberry Wrote:  As you are not a low resistance, high Watt vaper then the only reason for buying a mech and a kick is aesthetics. If you think it is worth the money for the looks then go ahead. A mech with a kick is pretty much like a VV except that you change the voltage at the push of a button on the VV - with the kick you have to take it out to change; this matters if you are changing devices or even liquids or if you find like me that you want to turn the voltage down when you know you will be chain vaping. The VV will also offer some features such as giving you the coil resistance and battery voltage. If your ordering a Roller you may want to upgrade the button when you buy it rather than have to pay delivery when you upgrade it somewhere down the line (which you probably will ant to do).

That's a great piece of advice, thanks!

What's up with the button on the Roller? I noticed there were two types available. Does one have issues?
01/07/13 07:53 PM
PJPro Offline

Likes Given: 43
Not had my Roller very long but no issues with the switch so far. I was unaware there were switch choices so just got the standard one. I also have a ZMax V3. I've had no issues with this either. It's also useful for checking coil resistances before using an atty with the Roller.

I tend to use the ZMax more than the Roller at the moment but that's mainly due to the attys I have available to me at the moment. I suspect, with the arrival of my Kayfun Lite, I'll be using the Roller much more.

One thing I have noticed is that the mech tends to produce a less satisfying vape as the battery runs down. The V3 seems to perform much better with reduced voltages. Also, the V3 won't over discharge unprotected batteries. So, I tend to switch to the V3 when I feel a battery is running low on the mech.

Can someone provide a URL to the switch choices for the Roller please. I can't find anything on Atmizoo.

Nemesis VW, Roller, Sigelei ZMaz v3, Kayfun Lite, GP Spheroid v2, Taifun GT, Hercules, Aga T2, Igo L, Vivi Nova STV, Ego Kit.
Spent on vaping: more than I've saved on roll ups!
(This post was last modified: 01/07/13 10:18 PM by PJPro. )
01/07/13 10:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)