Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
VV and VW
danf1234 Offline
Dan

Likes Given: 11
Sex: Male
VV and VW
Can someone please explain to me what variable wattage is to vaping. Owning a Lavatube I get what VV is but what does a mod with both offer?

Excuse my ignorance but I am looking to buy my 3rd Mod and was wondering.

12/12/12 07:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
grizewald Offline
Left Voluntarily

Likes Given: 257
Re: VV and VW
Variable wattage takes the resistance of the atomiser into account and sets the voltage for you so that you get the same power delivered to the atomiser even if you change it for another one with a different resistance.
12/12/12 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like grizewald's post:
danf1234 (12/12/12), gooner1 (12/12/12)
Cheekiecharlie Offline
Forum Moderators

Likes Given: 2,414
RE: VV and VW
All it means in simple terms is , if you have a few different attys with different ohm coils , say 1 is 1.8ohm the other 2.4 ohm , with vw the device will adjust the power automatically to give you the same vape from both

Edit: ha griz beat me to it Smiling

Vaping is a passion not just a hobby Lecture

Still a mixologist extraordinare at heart
12/12/12 07:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cheekiecharlie's post:
grizewald (12/12/12)
gooner1 Offline

Likes Given: 3,312
I feel another vamo coming on...Big Grin
12/12/12 07:19 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gooner1's post:
Buxton74 (13/12/12)
WMVyla Online

Likes Given: 708
Variable Wattage devices read the resistance of your atomiser and automatically adjust the voltage output to suit. It therefore doesn't matter what resistance your atomiser is - theoretically, a juice will taste the same and be at the same temperature regardless. So, if you set it for 8 watts with a 3 ohm atomiser, it will output around 4.9 volts. With a 1.6 ohm atomiser, the device is only going to put out 3.6 volts. The results from either atomiser should be the same, in principle.

Variable Voltage devices mean that you have to keep changing the voltage depending on what atomiser resistance you have to get the same experience otherwise changing to a lower resistance atomiser will make the vape much hotter and more intense.

You will find a lot more on this subject right here on this forum. Personally, I prefer variable wattage devices because it means I just screw whatever I have on top without bothering about changing settings. Just find a wattage that suits you then leave it alone.
12/12/12 07:24 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like WMVyla's post:
danf1234 (12/12/12), gooner1 (12/12/12)
sej016 Offline
Mainly E-Pipe Mods
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 913
Sex: Undisclosed
I would add the proviso that whilst it will deliver the set power if you change the device, some juices taste better at different settings.

So whilst you might not have to change the settings for the device, you may have to change it to suit the juice, e.g, some fruit flavours will taste better on a different setting to some tobacco flavours.

But there is no device that can determine what juice you have in it (yet) Smile

Steve J
Vaporatum ergo sum

http://www.pipevapes.co.uk/
12/12/12 07:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes sej016's post:
WMVyla (13/12/12)
Sylvie Offline

Likes Given: 1,072
Sex: Female
VW is also not going to work at the same setting if you switch between single and dual coil atomizers.
13/12/12 08:02 AM
I Shall Not Recant Offline

Likes Given: 669
Re: RE: VV and VW
(13/12/12 08:02 AM)Sylvie Wrote:  VW is also not going to work at the same setting if you switch between single and dual coil atomizers.
Why not?

13/12/12 02:24 PM
Ace Vapers Offline
Organic e-juice and ecigs
Vendors

Likes Given: 44
Basically you can set and forget to a certain degree, the device does the calculation for you. So when you change you feed system you dont have to change the watts unless you want more flavour / vapour that is. Just takes the hassle out of having to adjust all the time.

13/12/12 02:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Neofolis Offline
Dude

Likes Given: 27
Some of the VW devices just don't work well with dual coils, but the main difference is that DC's vape better at a higher wattage. You may have noticed with VV that you prefer a higher voltage with a 1.5 DC to a 1.5 SC. Essentially with a 1.5 dual coil you have two 3.0 coils, higher resistance = lower temperature at the same voltage, so they do not behave the same. Therefore if you only ever use DC's they will probably work similarly at the same wattage, which also applies to SC's, but if you swap between the two you will probably have to adjust your settings.

That said, I find you still have to adjust anyway for optimum performance. The other advantage of VW is you are not going to burn out a coil or get a really harsh hit because it is set too high. On VV, if you go from 6.0volts with your 3.2 ohm atty and switch to a genesis with 1.2 ohm and don't adjust your voltage, you probably won't get the full 6 volts, but it probably won't be very pleasant.
(This post was last modified: 13/12/12 02:56 PM by Neofolis. )
13/12/12 02:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)