Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
VapeCollective 2016
Rojeans Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,430
Sex: Male
RE: VapeCollective 2016
(25/01/16 02:01 PM)Markse Wrote:  Why not?
That was a question, not a statement. Post May19th, advertising will not be permitted. Is a vapefest considered advertising? is the real question. (Other than B2B)

One of Liverpool's first and oldest 'independent' electronic cigarette shop
Now IBVTA member.
25/01/16 02:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Markse Offline
just an anecdote

Likes Given: 1,615
It's a meeting of a group of people.

As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to vape when asleep and never to refrain when awake.
25/01/16 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Generals Juices Offline
5***** e-liquid. Handcrafted in the UK
Vendors

Likes Given: 136
Sex: Undisclosed
There is a strong feeling that it may not be legal post-TPD unles it is a trade event. At present, the ASA have not given their opinion on the advertising restrictions imposed by the TPD. It might be wise to reserve judgement until they have given that view.

If this were a cigarette or cigar connoisseurs meeting - what would people think then (given that e-liquid will be classed as a nicotine product too)?

http://www.generalsjuices.co.uk
5***** E-liquid. Handcrafted in the UK.
25/01/16 08:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Generals Juices's post:
Rojeans (25/01/16)
Rojeans Offline
Vendors

5. Member States shall ensure that:

(a)commercial communications in Information Society services, in the press and other printed publications, with the aim or direct or indirect effect of promoting electronic cigarettes and refill containers are prohibited, except for publications that are intended exclusively for professionals in the trade of electronic cigarettes or refill containers and for publications which are printed and published in third countries, where those publications are not principally intended for the Union market;

(b)commercial communications on the radio, with the aim or direct or indirect effect of promoting electronic cigarettes and refill containers, are prohibited;

© any form of public or private contribution to radio programmes with the aim or direct or indirect effect of promoting electronic cigarettes and refill containers is prohibited;

(d) any form of public or private contribution to any event, activity or individual person with the aim or direct or indirect effect of promoting electronic cigarettes and refill containers and involving or taking place in several Member States or otherwise having cross-border effects is prohibited;

(e) audiovisual commercial communications to which Directive Directive 2010/13/EU applies, are prohibited for electronic cigarettes and refill containers.

Now IBVTA member.
26/01/16 10:57 AM
The Grumpy Vaper Offline

Likes Given: 248

Yes, point (d) is a bit of a worry.

The committee is looking into this now, but as of this moment VapeCollective is still going ahead.

26/01/16 02:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Grumpy Vaper's post:
Midnightmouse (26/01/16)
Rojeans Offline
Vendors

(26/01/16 02:17 PM)The Grumpy Vaper Wrote:  Yes, point (d) is a bit of a worry.

The committee is looking into this now, but as of this moment VapeCollective is still going ahead.
I Hope I'm wrong GV but this is an early indication of just how absurd the TPD really is.

Now IBVTA member.
26/01/16 02:23 PM
The Grumpy Vaper Offline

Likes Given: 248

Dave Dorn backs my opinion:

"B2B will be fine, obvs, and nothing in TPD prevents gatherings of Vapers where no advertising payments are taken."

Now, no payments have been taken for advertising at VapeCollective (and none will), a nominal fee for a 6x6m pitch of grass, yes.

26/01/16 03:16 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like The Grumpy Vaper's post:
Midnightmouse (26/01/16), Rojeans (26/01/16)
Rojeans Offline
Vendors

Thumbs Up
(26/01/16 03:16 PM)The Grumpy Vaper Wrote:  Dave Dorn backs my opinion:

"B2B will be fine, obvs, and nothing in TPD prevents gatherings of Vapers where no advertising payments are taken."

Now, no payments have been taken for advertising at VapeCollective (and none will), a nominal fee for a 6x6m pitch of grass, yes.
Thumbs Up

Now IBVTA member.
26/01/16 03:39 PM
Markse Offline
just an anecdote

Likes Given: 1,615
Point d is about things affecting cross border events "and involving or taking place in several Member States or otherwise having cross-border effects is prohibited;" which it isn't? Maybe I'm wrong but the only thing I can see them banning would possibly be putting an ad for the event in a paper, on tv or radio, google ads etc, but you could still put up posters/billboards.

As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to vape when asleep and never to refrain when awake.
26/01/16 04:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Ben Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 18
Sex: Undisclosed
Im not sure it will be a problem, certainly won't be able to sponsor the event. Which you have already said you are not doing.

I still reserve judgement for the ASA's view.

26/01/16 04:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)