Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vapers in Power Lancashire Branch ?
Fivetide Offline
Ex Adult & Fish Hater
Vendors

Likes Given: 58
Sex: Male
Vapers in Power Lancashire Branch ?
I'm more than happy to contribute my time and effort for this campaign.
Is there a branch in Lancashire ?
If not I'd be more than happy to start one.
I once worked on an NHS contract in IT and was accidentally sent a mail from seniors directors .. saying ( short version) discourage people looking to stop smoking from vaping !! This is almost like the later day doctors encourage pregnant mothers to smoke to cam their nerves.. its a bloody outrage !
Its all about TAX.. nothing else nothing more.. pushed buy the big tobacco company's.
And if they want medical evidence I'll supply my own private records to prove how me stopping smoking has taken me off blood pressure tablets for the first time in 10 years..

Democracy cannot succeed unless those who express their choice are prepared to choose wisely. The real safeguard of democracy, therefore, is education.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

25/07/15 04:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fivetide's post:
blaze (25/07/15)
blaze Offline

Likes Given: 5,531
RE: Vapers in Power Lancashire Branch ?
We're not really geographically based - but we welcome help! Our treasurer Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) lives in Barnsley, so not too far from you (depending whereabouts in Lancs you are of course). We generally organise on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/vapersin...iscussion/) - we tried a dedicated forum but we're not really big enough for it to run smoothly, so fb is a good option, please join!

That's a shocking email, but unsurprising Hmm

We're also launching a membership scheme (£5/yr), you get a badge, a card and voting rights. This is to raise money for candidates to stand (Welsh Elections next) and printing of campaigning materials. The official launch will be at Vapefest but it is live on our website now: http://vapersinpower.co.uk/membershipsignup winking

25/07/15 08:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Fivetide Offline
Ex Adult & Fish Hater
Vendors

Blaze, after talking to my friends last night we have come to the conclusion that our efforts may bare more fruit if we add our weight behind an already established party. We have decided to campaign alongside UKIP. We feel that they appeal to the people who enjoy a social drink and maybe smoke or vape. Now I’m not saying UKIT have any chance of winning the general election, but if we can convince them that Vaping is a win win campaign argument, which it is. And we base this on the fact that it actually does not anger many people other than big tobacco, because it doesn’t affect smokers but does affect Vapers and all the evidence points towards health benefits. Then there is more chance of getting our arguments out to people who have no idea they exist.

26/07/15 03:31 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fivetide's post:
Diche (26/07/15)
blaze Offline

Good Luck! Thumbs Up UKIP certainly know how to get in the papers, if you can get them to understand the effects of the TPD, sounds like it would be a perfect subject for a high-profile Farage rant!

27/07/15 06:34 AM
DaveK Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 803
Just don't depend on them to turn up and actually vote on anything even if they tell you they will.

UKIP have been a complete let-down, welched on their promises to vapers already and are completely incompetent. I trust UKIP about as far as I could throw them frankly.

27/07/15 07:14 AM
[-] The following 6 users Like DaveK's post:
blaze (27/07/15), FlavourArtUK (27/07/15), jessica (10/08/15), taffyjock (27/07/15), voodoobloo (27/07/15), Wonko (30/07/15)
NorthStaR Offline
Gone walkabout...

Likes Given: 8,706
Sex: Undisclosed
Same for any Poolitician. Self serving tax tics...
27/07/15 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
yahoo2u2 Offline
Vaping is NOT a crime, banning it is

Likes Given: 483
If people dont join the party that supports what they believe in, then i dont consider that they are serious. UKIP are a money grabbing party that will say anything that they consider will get them either more funding or more votes.

VIP is based on raising the profile of vaping and highlighting the issues that the TPD will have on killing people.

Did you know the government claim the tax from the tobacco companies IN ADVANCE? Putting them in debt to the Big T. What a fucking con, we want you to stop smoking. Yeah right, smokers save you big bucks and get you jobs on boards of directors 1 day a month for 90k a year.

Smokers pay higher taxes
Smokers die young so dont claim pensions
Smokers die young so dont need care homes
Smokers die young so dont need after care
Smokers die young so free houses up

I could go on. Rant over Smiling I feel better now

Smile, it wont hurt you, go on try it......or not, freedom of choice I suppose.
27/07/15 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like yahoo2u2's post:
blaze (27/07/15), jessica (10/08/15)
Fivetide Offline
Ex Adult & Fish Hater
Vendors

This has nothing to do with UKIP or their political views or the way they handle their party.
This about, using a political force, to bring attention to the Vaping cause.
UKIP are using the same method Hitler employed "at first" to get into power, he basically sat in the pub and listened to the working man’s gripes. And then stood on a box and regurgitated them to an audience who had basically told him what they were pissed off at and what they wanted to hear.
If a million vapers, emailed Nigel and said, "I'm pissed off at the way the government is attempting to screw over vapers", he would see that as potential votes. Do the same for almost any other established party, and they would ignore them. He smokes for god sake, how many party leaders have you known in this lifetime that openly spark up a fag knowing the press are looking at him?
Vapers may not vote for UKIP but if it became part of their campaign then it may get some press and isn’t that’s the whole point.

27/07/15 07:32 PM
FlavourArtUK Offline
Vaping Pioneer since 13-10-2008
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,025
I think Big T might have signed Adolf already..... Roll Eyes

√-1 2^3 ∑ π and it was delicious!
27/07/15 07:45 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like FlavourArtUK's post:
blaze (27/07/15), Fivetide (28/07/15), Hugh Crummond (27/07/15)
blaze Offline

Seriously Fivetide, I applaud your desire to help the cause of vaping - and I wish many others would be as passionate about it. You have picked a decent tactic I reckon, UKIP may have gone down in the headlines atm, but when the referendum surfaces, they'll be all over it. We need fingers in many pies, you can be our covert branch! :coolshades:

27/07/15 10:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)