Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vaping in China
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Likes Given: 2,197
Sex: Male

RE: Vaping in China
If i can break through the Great Firewall i'll try and keep folk informed on here of me vape related expereinces
Plus still have a YT channel and may even get a Blog thing going - have to fill in me time as will only be teaching 12 hours a week 30
29/08/15 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like Digicig's post:
Cheekiecharlie (30/08/15), NorthStaR (29/08/15)
BigStuart Offline
Throbbing Member

Likes Given: 759
Sex: Undisclosed
If you're looking to get through the firewall, have a look at https://12vpn.net/

I have 3 different VPN accounts on my laptop, and that was the only one that would work in China.

30/08/15 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigStuart's post:
Digicig (31/08/15)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Thanks @BigStuart
Have Strong VPN - it was on offer and recomended by a China vlogger i 'know' - but might get a second - just in case Wink
31/08/15 01:12 PM
BigStuart Offline
Throbbing Member

One of the accounts that didn't work for me was StrongVPN, but that was March 2014, and it changes all the time. If you've got current advice from someone there already then you're probably good.

31/08/15 09:38 PM
Digicig (01/09/15)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Well going to have 12VPN mobile + Strong on me phone - as that gets taken out and about - so protection for open Wifi usage.

It will depend on the region and won't know until i actually arrive Wink

What were thee doing BigStuart - travelling, business or teaching?
(This post was last modified: 01/09/15 06:24 PM by Digicig.)
01/09/15 06:23 PM
BigStuart Offline
Throbbing Member

(01/09/15 06:23 PM)Digicig Wrote:  Well going to have 12VPN mobile + Strong on me phone - as that gets taken out and about - so protection for open Wifi usage.

It will depend on the region and won't know until i actually arrive Wink

What were thee doing BigStuart - travelling, business or teaching?

Business trip... I've been 3 times now, 2005, 2012 and 2014. I work in the Semiconductor industry, and every once in a while an opportunity pops up in Shanghai. It's a pretty alien culture for a westerner, but it's a great place to visit. In 2005 I managed to get to Beijing as well, went to Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall at Badaling. Loved it.

I don't know if you need advice or not, but watch out for scams. If a young pretty girl approaches you for ANY reason at all, she's either a hooker or it's a scam of some kind. Don't allow yourself to be flattered! Most people are harmless, but be very wary if anyone is being too friendly. Chinese people are nice, but not generally extroverted.

01/09/15 09:48 PM
Digicig (02/09/15)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Cheers BigStuart
Have done me Due Diligence on YT and forums - so am prepared for some of the usual scams - gather vaping is rare so expexcting some curiosity as to what i'm doing - and they may be curious/offeneded/shocked by me being barefoot - so expecting some engagement in random stilted and Chinglish conversation 30

Woohoo! - Just printed off me Boarding passes - 1 for each of the 3 airlines necessary - so tis official - Fly to China tomorrow Thumbs Up
(This post was last modified: 02/09/15 01:11 PM by Digicig.)
02/09/15 01:08 PM
BigStuart (02/09/15), Cheekiecharlie (02/09/15)
BigStuart Offline
Throbbing Member

Barefoot?? You wouldn't stay that way for long in Shanghai! The blokes all cough up big balls of phlegm and gob it out on the pavement. It's a national sport. Some of their deposits would rip the sole off your shoe. Clatty bastards they are.

I'm quite jealous really, you'll see some things you'll never forget... The place is fuckin mental sometimes. Have a safe trip!

02/09/15 03:31 PM
Digicig (05/09/15)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Thanks Vaping Folks Big Grin
Well despite me rucksack going for a jolly on it's own in Hong Kong - the airline delivered it to me door within 24 hours and with EVERYTHING intact - so me 500ml of unflavoured and premixed PG/VG with 30mg nic - so also colourless and in a plain VG bottle - made it through with me M+P's flavour selection - which should see me through until i find a good source over here!

Big Hugs to doris at AAEC for translating Electronic Cigarette supplies and Glycerin into Mandarin - so me bith me washbag and VG were labelled with both to minimise any confusion HeHe!

Oh and as a bonus installed Flashvpn on me phone as a free app before leaving - as an advert laden but worth-a-try back up - and not only does it manage to penetrate the Great Firewall of China to give access yo FB etc - the ads disappeared too Thumbs Up

BigStuart - barefootedness seems fine in Xianning - and folk will stare cos i'm a Laowai anyway so...
(This post was last modified: 05/09/15 03:08 PM by Digicig.)
05/09/15 03:07 PM
blaze (12/09/15), JoBo (06/09/15)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

So far no issues at all with vaping - pretty much anywhere - even though i stil won't vape in places i wouldn't have smoked back in the day.

No other vapers spotted or vape equipment being sold anywhere yet. Do need to source some PG/VG soon as whilst i can vape 30mg through a .3ohm subtank - and its awesome for nic hit and juice consumption - it does take the fun out of it a tad Wink
16/09/15 07:58 AM
[-] The following 5 users Like Digicig's post:
BigStuart (16/09/15), Cheekiecharlie (16/09/15), JoBo (16/09/15), NorthStaR (16/09/15), pebbles (16/09/15)

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)