Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vaping in China
prof beard Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 1,195
Sex: Male
RE: Vaping in China
(19/01/16 09:40 AM)Digicig Wrote:  Yep - was trying to cheat and copy and paste from AAEC - it works from UKV to AAEC so thought i'd try it t'other way around Facepalm

You needed to copy the code and not the html by going into "edit post" on AAEC

I won't slave for beggar's pay,
likewise gold and jewels,
but I would slave to learn the way
to sink your ship of fools

19/01/16 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes prof beard's post:
Digicig (19/01/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Likes Given: 2,197

Prof - i did go the edit route - but sometimes i seem to get glitches i put down to an interaction between the vpn and Great Firewall.

I've had to contact my vpn suppliers a few times - been met with a vaguely patronising attitude - until they try for themselves, and begrudgingly apologise 30
Thanks for @blaze for filling the technical void 97
19/01/16 11:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Digicig's post:
blaze (24/01/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Was out today, and meandering around Coco Park, one of the 'High End' Shopping Mall's here in ShenZhen, as you do, with vague ideas of finding some cheapish headphones (having left mine back in me apartment in Xianning) and also food, when i turned a corner and stumbled into the first B+M style Vape shop i've seen in China! VAPE MASTER!

Catering for the Beginner to intermediate market, and stocking almost exclusive imported US juice - with eGo one style devices (though i didn't check the actual brand) at 699rmb. Not cheap. Then i looked at the price of the juice. I admit to not having purchased pre-made juice for at least a couple of years - but 246rmb for 30ml (£26ish) seem expensive (ok there is a huge import tax on anything not made by Chinese companies here - even if tis made in China) but ouch! 42

But Bless their Muji socks, when, having gone through yet another exciting game of charades/pictionary, they discovered that all i really wanted was some cotton wick - they dug into their stores and gave me a square - Gratis - as they didn't happen to sell it! 97

Well that should see me through with the Aqua FX until i get back - still need to find headphones, but did manage to find a pizza place that actually used real mozzarella - Hallelujah! Jump for Joy
24/01/16 03:35 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Digicig's post:
blaze (24/01/16), IAO (28/01/16), Markse (24/01/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

I feel very privileged and honoured as i met up with Kevin Chung earlier today, Very Big at Joyetech USA, who took me up to the Joyetech Factory complex and not only spent over an hour chatting about Vaping, Joyetech and how vaping might be in the future - but also a bit of a tour around the factory itself. This is unprecedented, as 'random' visitors are rarely invited to, and never shown around the facilities at Joyetech if they are, but Kevin just didn't ask permission! 30

Today i got to meet a true Legend in Vaping History - who the majority of Vapers (including me before this morning Wink ) had never actually heard of - Mr. Yao! 23

In 2010 when i first started vaping, though not 'Full Time', the best device i found was the KR808 - reasonable power output and battery life (= very long thin cig-a-like) but for me (and more importantly the dude with MS i stumbled across vaping for) cartomisers (i could top up his cartos, and at the time at least, he could just about manage to unscrew one and swap it for a fresh one). Vapour production, flavour and battery life were OK at best, and that was still better than smoking.

The Mr. Yao invented.....DRUM ROLL....The 510 connector - TA DA! The 510 cig-a-like was something i tried but stuck with me KR808 (510 was just a different option - and for those who remember - used to carry different adapter to use different misers or battery combos LoL)

Not content with this - now seen as the standard (if not necessarily the best) connector - Mr. Yao continued with his Vape Changing Inventiveness.

In 2010 - just as i was thinking o giving up the idea of vaping as something for the future, but not good enough yet - he invented the most successful, and copied/cloned vaping device the World has yet seen - the eGo! The eGo was a genuine game changer, as the average battery circa 2010 was around 90-100mAh, so many folk had 10 battery charger units, to keep them going, with batteries being a tenner a pop! With ,it's 650mAh battery - and within a couple of months of it's launch the 510 cartomiser -the permanent switch to vaping became a much more viable alternative for me and many others (never was an atomiser fan)! Jump for Joy

Now i'm not sure if these were purely solo efforts, or he was the project leader - or lets be honest here, if Kevin just grabbed a random Chinese worker form the factory and presented him to me as Mr Yao - and that the Chinese he was speaking was actually telling me this wasn't true, and he was "Just a Guy, you know?" - but still shook his hand - just in case! 98

Also walked away with a Joyetech 'Goodie' bag, including some interesting 'add-ons', and importantly some much needed Cotton wick *thumb up*

Huge thanks to John Manzione at [a href="http://spinfuel.com/"]Spinfuel[/a] for putting Kevin in touch with me in the first place, for Kevin for being such a thoroughly good bloke and fellow vaper (he started off with his own vape shop) and a big Thank You to Mr. Yao - real or invented i salute you! 78
29/01/16 04:32 PM
[-] The following 6 users Like Digicig's post:
blaze (30/01/16), ceedee (30/01/16), Cheekiecharlie (30/01/16), cigeliquid (09/02/16), IAO (30/01/16), Pikeybarsteward (29/01/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

OK not the most exciting shot - but the outside is just a white factory in China Wink

The Joyetech Reception area

Meeting 'Mr.Yao' (possibly LoL) - pretty big accomplishments for a guy who's only 38

Apologies for the clothing - it pished it down the day before - right after i'd left the hotel without me umbrella and then got lost. Had to buy new clothes for the meeting and accept what was available in my size - and i'm an XXXL here HeHe!

And the 'Goodies'
Cuboid and Cubis

Cuboid and Delta 2 with RBA - a friend on AAEC recommended it as a M-L tank

And Cuboid with Anyvape FuryTank 2

(This post was last modified: 31/01/16 05:06 PM by Digicig.)
30/01/16 12:27 PM
blaze (30/01/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Had a fun day out at my first Chinese tourist destination, ShenZhen's Splendid China today, with my FB (and now real friend) Finnie from Anyvape *thumb up*

Spent the day pootling around China in miniature, and saw some bits and pieces that make me want to explore places for myself Wink

Me and Finnie

and some just Vaping about kinda pics

The Terracotta Vaper Wink

And finally just enjoying the Shorts weather at last - also all me other clothes are at the laundry service LoL
Sandals as a concession to Finnie - i've noticed that whilst i don't care about being shoeless - my Chinese companions often get the grief 30

(This post was last modified: 01/02/16 06:39 AM by Digicig.)
31/01/16 05:28 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like Digicig's post:
blaze (03/02/16), ceedee (13/02/16), Coyals (31/01/16), fleeing (06/02/16), Markse (04/02/16)
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,764
(29/01/16 04:32 PM)Digicig Wrote:  - and within a couple of months of it's launch the 510 cartomiser...

Did they/he really claim to invent the first 510 carto ?

Now that really would be total BS (if claimed)..
..and the original design of the eGo.. that would probably be contested in court.. (if it ever happened...Wink)

But aside from that, great pics and blog... eh, Scott! Smiling

iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
The EU TPD is not a victimless crime...
04/02/16 02:07 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toby | iVapour's post:
Digicig (12/02/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Aloha Toby
To be fair to Joyetech and Kevin - he's only be 'on board' for a couple of years and did admit that he was fairly 'hazy' before that point - i was fairly sure that Janty had a big part to play - and Joyetech were their manufacturer? I seem to remember buying some of the 1st Janty 510 carto's off you at the York vape meet Thumbs Up

As Mr. Yao (or whoever) was presented to me as 'the inventor of the 510 connector and the eGo' - got to shake the hand just in case 30

Have more updates to transfer - though i'm supposed to be doing the Joyetech and general Shenzhen write up over the next couple of days Tongue
12/02/16 04:25 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Digicig's post:
ceedee (13/02/16), Toby | iVapour (16/02/16)
Toby | iVapour Offline
eGoer
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,764
Joye were Janty's manufacturer, yes.

The first commercially available cartos were under the name of Loong Totem in 2008, but cartos were made more generally available by Kanger back in 2009 (don't know if the both companies were connected, and/or separate product, or not)...

The first 510 cartos generally available were made by Boge.. and LR shortly after, that I presume was what you had... Wink
(There was a USA company slightly before that, but maybe the same product)

What are Boge up to these days? ...

And as for the eGo, even Cisco has some kind of claim to that... Wink

iVapour.co.uk - Janty UK Supplier; the original eGo.
iVapour-elixir.co.uk - Silver Bullet, mods, and spares.
The EU TPD is not a victimless crime...
16/02/16 02:00 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Toby | iVapour's post:
Digicig (21/04/16), Loganberry (29/04/16)
Digicig Offline
Discalceated Vaper

Strange the way vaping has changed - when i started using first KR808's and then eGo's with carto's - i was using 2-3ml a day of 24mg juice

Then the carto tanks arrived and i got me first mech mod proper from Throathit on UKV - went up to 4-5ml a day Wink

If i had 50ml of juice i knew i had more than enough until the next delivery would arrive Big Grin

In the days of Subtanks and being in China (and the delivery problems and max 11mg juice) through necessity i've been diluting what i have down to the point where i have 500ml-ish of maybe 1mg juice - and was starting to worry that i wouldn't have enough for the last 7ish weeks of me contract Worriedsmiley

Today i took the plunge - and have ordered 1 litre of 36mg nic (hopefully 60/40 VG/PG) and 3 125ml of flavours from a Chinese Company i discovered on FB - X'ian Taima Biological - could do it all via PayPal - but tried using the Chinese Social Media WeChat and it's Wallet function (so it came directly out of me Chinese bank account) - for around £40.50 delivered!

I'm still a tobacco vaper - especially for unknown flavours - so went for T-#21 Dunhill, T-#50 Tobacco Blended, and T-#99 Island Tobacco (tobacco+coconut +chocolate). Should all arrive next week + i have the 100ml of RY4 from Alchemist that will hopefully arrive in a few weeks too. Now the RY4 is a good price - but comparatively - just under £30 for 100ml delivered (you always pay more for quality Wink )

IL of 36mg, if it's any good should make up 6-12L's of juice for me - and the flavour should keep me going - and is cheap enough if it's OK.
Next problem will be sourcing the VG/PG - the nice vendor i found selling the Organic French VG has either run out of stock or not doing it any more = it's almost doubled in price - still worth it though. PG - still looking for a reputable source.

Think the best thing will be to just muddle through now until i get back - maybe dilute the VG down with some water - and then bring a litre or 2 with me next year 30

I won't need to bring much stuff with me so should have the baggage allowance - and of course no need for the Nic Big Grin
29/04/16 05:11 AM
blaze (29/04/16)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)