Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vivi Nova Long or Short stock wicks?
Neofolis Offline
Dude

Likes Given: 27
Sex: Male
Vivi Nova Long or Short stock wicks?
OK, so the best performance from a Viva Nova is going to be somewhat dependent on your juice type and how you vape. I'm guessing most long term users have worked out there own wick set ups that work best for them, but what about the stock wicks, what works best for you?

My juices vary from 100% PG to 100% VG and various in between and, despite most people saying that the long wicks are better, I get on far better with the short wicks. I know you have to tip, swirl, whatever, but the long wicks just don't wick fast enough for me and no amount of tipping is gonna make any difference. Although I have to tip with the short wicks, at least when I do, they can keep up with my normal vaping. With the longer wicks, I have to turn the voltage/wattage down to avoid burning and then I don't get as satisfying a vape. When I make my own wicks/coils I make long wicks which work fine, but the wicking material is much fatter than the stock wicks, plus I can use more wicks.
04/12/12 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
HERC Offline

Likes Given: 16
RE: Vivi Nova Long or Short stock wicks?
I have only ever tried the long wick versions of the nova / clearo / ce4 etc

and I hated them all
04/12/12 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Cooper Offline
Vendor
Forum Moderators

Likes Given: 688
Doesn't matter what juice you're using. Short wicks will give you lots of dry hits, dry hits with long wicks are few and far between until your tank starts running low on juice. That's what I've found anyway.

WWW.THEVAPOURBAR.CO.UK
04/12/12 08:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
highvoltage69 Offline

Likes Given: 8
Sex:
After using dual coil carto's for more than a year i purchased a mini vivi nova today and it certainly works better than the previous one's i tried .It has long wicks.
04/12/12 08:29 PM
Neofolis Offline
Dude

Likes Given: 27

(04/12/12 08:28 PM)Cooper Wrote:  Doesn't matter what juice you're using. Short wicks will give you lots of dry hits, dry hits with long wicks are few and far between until your tank starts running low on juice. That's what I've found anyway.

It's strange how people's experiences can be so different. My short wicks never give me dry hits, now that I am used to holding my device horizontally, it's actually slightly tilted down towards me when I vape, then I put it down flat if the juice is low. Long wicks, seems to make no difference what I do, I have to vape with shorter drags or it will be dry/burnt every time.
04/12/12 08:40 PM
Jacko99 Offline

Likes Given: 888
Long wicks every time for me Smiling
04/12/12 09:16 PM
chrisprice42 Offline

Likes Given: 227
Have used both long and short on my Nova`s and I cant tell the difference apart from a recoiled head makes the vapor taste better

04/12/12 10:56 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisprice42's post:
ghoti (04/12/12)
Zolabud Offline

Likes Given: 89
Sex: Female
I use long wicks on mine. And top up when it gets half empty and use 50/50 PG/VG.

Never liked the short ones...And am a bit cheesed of that my re-wicking skills are so awful.

I have a lot of used heads... Anyone want them?

04/12/12 11:10 PM
highvoltage69 Offline

Sex:
(04/12/12 10:56 PM)chrisprice42 Wrote:  Have used both long and short on my Nova`s and I cant tell the difference apart from a recoiled head makes the vapor taste better
I thought they were just throw away heads i did not realise you can re coil/wick them ..
04/12/12 11:18 PM
highvoltage69 Offline

Sex:
(04/12/12 11:10 PM)Zolabud Wrote:  I use long wicks on mine. And top up when it gets half empty and use 50/50 PG/VG.

Never liked the short ones...And am a bit cheesed of that my re-wicking skills are so awful.

I have a lot of used heads... Anyone want them?

I take a couple from you if thats ok and ill give the re coil/wicking a go .
Thanks
04/12/12 11:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)