Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
We need your expertise and help. Nominations & Offers
Caerulea Offline
NNA UK

Likes Given: 730
Sex: Undisclosed
We need your expertise and help. Nominations & Offers
Morning all.

The ECCA had a very productive meeting on Sunday evening and a few things came up that we need to ask for help on. I will list the assistance we need and I ask anyone that thinks they could offer support or advice to get in contact with me or log onto the ECCA site.

Firstly, the Chairman position. The current Chairman is at the end of his two year tenure. Please contact us if you feel this is something you would be suited to.

Graphic designer. This is open to anyone who is a dab hand at design or a professional who would like to donate some time . We would like to have Flyers and a web page 'banner' put together.

Thanks all

23/04/13 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MarkS Offline

Likes Given: 154
Sex:
RE: We need your expertise and help. Nominations & Offers
Wow all these people out there with an opinion on what ECCA should be doing and yet not one reply in this thread.

Says it all really doesn't it.
28/04/13 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkS's post:
Matt Gluggles (28/04/13)
kenny Offline
Vaping nic addict

Likes Given: 7,467
Sex: Male
(28/04/13 05:14 PM)MarkS Wrote:  Wow all these people out there with an opinion on what ECCA should be doing and yet not one reply in this thread.

I don't think Caerulea was asking for reply's on this thread, at least thats how I read it:

'I ask anyone that thinks they could offer support or advice to get in contact with me or log onto the ECCA site.'

So it does not say anything does it.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)

28/04/13 05:22 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like kenny's post:
itsmeitis (28/04/13), wes008 (28/04/13)
Stobart Driver Away

Likes Given: 654
Sex: Male
(28/04/13 05:14 PM)MarkS Wrote:  Wow all these people out there with an opinion on what ECCA should be doing and yet not one reply in this thread.

I'm sorry, but as a relatively new vaper and member, I don't know enough subject matter to take any kind of active role, be it even contructive suggestions. I'm not a political activist ( although I have been tweeting the MEP's like crazy), I'm not a web designer or programmer, and to be honest.. I work away 5 days out of 7 usually without web contact.
So I'm definately not the guy you are looking for, but when I can offer any input that could be seen as useful, I'll certainly contribute.

I'm sure the more capable types will be in touch soon ... well I hope so.

I didn't quit nicotine... I just chose a safer way to use it.

Big Grin
28/04/13 05:27 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stobart Driver's post:
Linda (28/04/13)
Caerulea Offline
NNA UK

Likes Given: 730
Sex: Undisclosed

Re: We need your expertise and help. Nominations & Offers
Well I see how it could be taken as such, I grant you.

So to clarify,

Please post your thoughts here, or contact me or ECCA through the address in my signature.

Hope that clears things up ;-)

28/04/13 06:29 PM
itsmeitis Offline
Account Closed

Likes Given: 1,308
Sex:
i would personally like to see less of the outrageous claim leveled toward those you perceive to be new and duly gullible. i.e, when someone airs genuine concern at e-cig safety including liquid, do not go misleading them that problem is academic unto a looming September ban ... Undecided
28/04/13 07:45 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like itsmeitis's post:
India99 (28/04/13), justin case (28/04/13), kondor101 (28/04/13), ukric (28/04/13)
MarkS Offline

Sex:
(28/04/13 07:45 PM)itsmeitis Wrote:  i would personally like to see less of the outrageous claim leveled toward those you perceive to be new and duly gullible. i.e, when someone airs genuine concern at e-cig safety including liquid, do not go misleading them that problem is academic unto a looming September ban ... Undecided

Can you elaborate on who and where myself or Caerulea have mislead anyone?

You are still welcome to stand for Chairman itsmeitis, but I seem to remember that you backed out of that one in a post on ECR. I mean if you really cared as much as you say, I'd have thought you would be chomping at the bit to be elected?

Or you could at least volunteer and get involved and make a difference?
(This post was last modified: 28/04/13 10:16 PM by MarkS.)
28/04/13 10:14 PM
MarkS Offline

Sex:
In my short time with ECCA it seems that there are plenty who are great at telling others what they should be doing and how they should do it, but not willing to actually do it themselves.

Words come cheap to me, which is why I decided to put myself forward and actually try and do something that might help. I'm not afraid to put my head above the parapet.

If anyone has any concerns regarding individual vendors then please put them forward to myself or Caerulea as we are now there to deal with consumer issues. If you just say things like the whole industry should be doing this that or the other then you give us an impossible task. we just do not have the manpower or funds to deal with an entire industry all at once. One vendor at a time yes, we can do that if it is a legitimate concern and not just a perceived one.

As I say this is the chance for anyone who thinks they know better to have some input with ideas and activeness, rather than just moaning about it.

Anyone?
28/04/13 10:23 PM
itsmeitis Offline
Account Closed

Likes Given: 1,308
Sex:
(28/04/13 05:14 PM)MarkS Wrote:  You are still welcome to stand for Chairman itsmeitis, but I seem to remember that you backed out of that one in a post on ECR. I mean if you really cared as much as you say, I'd have thought you would be chomping at the bit to be elected?

you would then have noticed why i feel strongly unable to commit ... i care more for my position as consumer than to prostitute myself out to ECCA and its vendor lead objective.

yes i would like to see consumer issues dealt with accordingly, but as you pointed out, not everyone feels their faith is best placed with ECCA. Says it all really doesn't it.
28/04/13 10:25 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes itsmeitis's post:
India99 (28/04/13)
Ratfinkz Offline

Likes Given: 31
Sex:
Blimey - give ECCA a chance - yeah they havent been good in recent years but they're a completely new committee now - and tbh the main thing they have left from the old ECCA is their name.

If you want change - be part of it - don't obstruct it

ETA: I've told you my skills and am happy to help in that capacity if need be - but unfortunately I am not able to do either of the suggestions in this thread
(This post was last modified: 28/04/13 10:32 PM by Ratfinkz.)
28/04/13 10:30 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Ratfinkz's post:
GIBLA53 (29/04/13), Winter (28/04/13)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)