Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
We need your expertise and help. Nominations & Offers
MarkS Offline

Likes Given: 154
Sex:
RE: We need your expertise and help. Nominations & Offers
(28/04/13 10:49 PM)itsmeitis Wrote:  
(28/04/13 10:46 PM)MarkS Wrote:  LTD companies no. An owner of a LTD comapny donating as a vaper yes. The real question is does that mean that said person has had any input or influence over ECCA then I can assure no they haven't.

you can ?? ... i would suspect the blind eye to something very significant, and subsequent financial reward as donated to ECCA, might suggest otherwise.

Your suggestion is only in your mind and not the reality of the situation.

Where is this "something" significant that the blind eye has been turned to?

Again conjecture and no facts.
28/04/13 10:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
itsmeitis Offline
Account Closed

Likes Given: 1,308
Sex:
(28/04/13 10:57 PM)MarkS Wrote:  Your suggestion is only in your mind and not the reality of the situation.

Where is this "something" significant that the blind eye has been turned to?

Again conjecture and no facts.

you are exactly right too ... very difficult to prove beyond doubt, so very much acceptable as far as ECCA is concerned.

it makes very little difference to me personally but should any hostile influence, say for example pharma or tobacco, want to find dirt as we're told they do, i'm sure it will reside clearly enough in the foundation.
28/04/13 11:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Caerulea Offline
NNA UK

Likes Given: 730
Sex: Undisclosed

(28/04/13 07:45 PM)itsmeitis Wrote:  i would personally like to see less of the outrageous claim leveled toward those you perceive to be new and duly gullible. i.e, when someone airs genuine concern at e-cig safety including liquid, do not go misleading them that problem is academic unto a looming September ban ... Undecided

Evening all, glad to see this thread has come alive a little bit.

As to the above point, I can quite safely say this is leveled at me. The post in question was directed at Kondor101 and can be found in The Custard Thread. I am not entirely sure why my point has caused you such offense or was in any way misleading.

I did not dispute the need to know what is contained in our liquids, neither have I ever done so.

I did offer the services of ECCA to post out letters to vendors asking for confirmation, eitherway, as to the presence of either chemicals in question in their products. One of which being a by-product of the combustion process, so requested that when the two vendors active in the thread received their test results back, that they share them with us.

I also asked, politely, if Kondor101 had put their very obvious writing skills to good use getting in contact with his/her MPs MEPs regarding the EU and the proposed changes to the TPD. It was not a name I had seen in the relevant threads and it seemed a natural question to ask.

In terms of using the term 'academic;' that was simply in relation to not having seen that users name in any of the said political threads and the energy they were putting into maintaining the custard topic could be well spent on other things. If people like that don't use their voices then there will be no custard debate to be had. Or banana or praline or whatever.

Otherwise I am fairly sure I have conducted myself with a fair amount of decorum on this board and I shall continue to do so.

However, if in future someone does take issue with something I say, then the best approach is nice and direct. Seems a terrible shame to sit seething in the background when I could just clear the matter up right away.

Cheers.

28/04/13 11:07 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Caerulea's post:
FlavourArtUK (30/04/13), MarkS (28/04/13)
MarkS Offline

Sex:
Ahhh see you're are showing that you do not really understand how these things work.

As long as there is transparency and no influence then it doesn't matter where donations come from.

Look at any political campaign for example, all backed by various industry.

I'm here for the long game and prepared to put my neck on the line to make ECCA work...for sod all too I might add.

No pay nor expenses as I've seen some speculate, and as long as I have any influence on the ECCA committee I will not let anyone put it in jeopardy.
(This post was last modified: 28/04/13 11:11 PM by MarkS.)
28/04/13 11:10 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkS's post:
Caerulea (28/04/13), FlavourArtUK (30/04/13)
Digisatman Offline
I Vape to live

Likes Given: 13
Sex: Male
Itsmeitis, I understand you views and even heard them the other week, there are now some new members on the committee who carry no baggage. It would be nice if you PMd them

With a list of your concerns in bullet point form instead of a long painfull essay.Let them read it and let them find out the answers. Instead of all this he said they said back and forth.

UKV V1 Post count 2000 Plus Big Grin
Provari V1,V2 Innokin SVD Kayfun 3.1es Line V2 USGTank, AGA T2 Bulli A2 Tank & Bulli 701 Mikosoft Pipe, Lavatube, Homemade VV Various Tanks & bits

28/04/13 11:17 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Digisatman's post:
GIBLA53 (29/04/13), itsmeitis (28/04/13), MarkS (28/04/13)
MarkS Offline

Sex:
(28/04/13 11:07 PM)Caerulea Wrote:  However, if in future someone does take issue with something I say, then the best approach is nice and direct. Seems a terrible shame to sit seething in the background when I could just clear the matter up right away.

Cheers.

Exactly Caerulea. Rather than just "suspecting" or "supposing" why not just approach us and ask?

The ECCA that used to be is changing and we are here to be as open as possible.
We are building a good and motivated team and have projects to hopefully take ECCA in the right direction, both consumer and politically based.

I really do not give a monkeys what has gone on in the past and only want to see what we can do in the present and future to make this work.

We will never make everyone happy and you will always have those who would rather believe a conspiracy theory over the facts.

All I want is for those who think they know better to actually be constructive and put their ideas forward.
They never know we may well agree with them and take them on board.
28/04/13 11:21 PM
India99 Offline

Likes Given: 155
Sex: Male
Are you going to answer my question and tell us all who donated the money ?

It's not a clone, it's a coincidental likeness
28/04/13 11:22 PM
itsmeitis Offline
Account Closed

Sex:
(28/04/13 11:10 PM)MarkS Wrote:  We will never make everyone happy and you will always have those who would rather believe a conspiracy theory over the facts

precisely as i pointed out amid my first reply in this thread. Wink
(This post was last modified: 28/04/13 11:33 PM by itsmeitis.)
28/04/13 11:28 PM
MarkS Offline

Sex:
No I'm not India. just as I wouldn't publicly say if you had donated or how much.

Although I believe accounts have to be published at some stage. So if I am right, when they are you can go to the effort of doing that yourself.
28/04/13 11:31 PM
itsmeitis Offline
Account Closed

Sex:
taken directly from the ECCAUK frontpage : "ECCA is a consumer advocacy group and has no affiliation with any vendor or trade association." ... might be worth looking into the "An owner of a LTD comapny donating as a vaper"
28/04/13 11:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)