Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who supported and who betrayed us?
twiglet Offline

Likes Given: 869
Sex: Undisclosed
RE: Who supported and who betrayed us?
(11/07/13 08:52 AM)whipitup Wrote:  Apparently it was an electronic vote (asked for by Chris Davis) so should be recorded.......I've tweeted Mathias Groote (sp?) and asked for the list of which way UK MEP's voted.

I will Email him as well when I get a chance.

Email: matthias.groote@europarl.europa.eu

Twitter: @Groote

Please remember he is on our side !

I hope you're right that electronic votes record who votes for what but I'm not sure they do. Several times when JURI were electronic voting they could tell that someone hadn't pressed the button but they couldn't tell who. I think it just displays the numbers of votes for and against and the total.
11/07/13 09:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
whipitup Offline

Likes Given: 78
(11/07/13 09:03 AM)twiglet Wrote:  
(11/07/13 08:52 AM)whipitup Wrote:  Apparently it was an electronic vote (asked for by Chris Davis) so should be recorded.......I've tweeted Mathias Groote (sp?) and asked for the list of which way UK MEP's voted.

I will Email him as well when I get a chance.

Email: matthias.groote@europarl.europa.eu

Twitter: @Groote

Please remember he is on our side !

I hope you're right that electronic votes record who votes for what but I'm not sure they do. Several times when JURI were electronic voting they could tell that someone hadn't pressed the button but they couldn't tell who. I think it just displays the numbers of votes for and against and the total.

You may be right, I was just passing on what I read on Twitter last night.....there was a lot going on though.
11/07/13 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
scorpy66 Offline

Likes Given: 5
Sex:
This site it about a week behind, but hopefully will publish for the 10th by the middle of next week?

http://www.votewatch.eu/
11/07/13 05:27 PM
twiglet Offline

I don't see an option to view committee votes on there?
11/07/13 05:41 PM
scorpy66 Offline

Likes Given: 5
Sex:
(11/07/13 05:41 PM)twiglet Wrote:  I don't see an option to view committee votes on there?

Ach, you're right, me neither. Apologies! New to the ways of the EU, steep learning curve required Scratch Head
11/07/13 05:46 PM
twiglet Offline

(11/07/13 05:46 PM)scorpy66 Wrote:  
(11/07/13 05:41 PM)twiglet Wrote:  I don't see an option to view committee votes on there?

Ach, you're right, me neither. Apologies! New to the ways of the EU, steep learning curve required Scratch Head

Don't worry, I think we're all on the same curve Wink
11/07/13 05:51 PM
mySizzleBox Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 213
Is this the list of UK MEP's in it's entirety? http://www.europarl.europa.eu/meps/en/se...country=GB

It doesn't show hows voted for what but at least you have names to check off

11/07/13 05:57 PM
bigscottd Offline
AKA Bigman

Likes Given: 38
Sex: Male
Just has a emai nice email off Jacqueline Foster MEP I will post it shortly.

Supported us:

Chris Davies (Lib Dem)
Jacqueline Foster MEP

Betrayed us:

Linda McAvan (Labour)

Mods: Nemesis, Evic with Siam Tubes, LT, Ehpro, Innokin MVP, Kopsis, LB Versa, Bulldog and Atmizoo Dingo
Atty's: Kayfun 3.1, 2 x Kayfun Lite, Vicious Ant Cyclone with AFC and RSST
11/07/13 06:00 PM
bigscottd Offline
AKA Bigman

Likes Given: 38
Sex: Male
Dear Mr Davidson

Thank you to everyone who has given me their views on the EU's Tobacco Products Directive' and, in particular, the effects the Directive will have on electronic cigarettes and the 1.3 million people in the UK who use them - a quarter of all people trying to stop.

Yesterday, the Environment and Public Health Committee in the European Parliament took, what I believe, is the wrong decision to classify e-cigs as a medicinal product, instead of a 'consumer product'.

This is contrary to the EU's definition of what a medicinal product is - it cannot be a tobacco, alcohol or caffeine-based product.

The vote could mean that e-cigs become more regulated than tobacco and, bizarrely, more regulated than alcohol. So, under the EU's plan, we could buy a litre of vodka at the corner shop but not an e-cig!

I believe very much that, as consumers, we should be able to choose the products we want, in an informed way, taking responsibility for our decisions.

E-cigs could also now face an expensive 'authorisation' process. As many of the producers of e-cigarettes are small start-up businesses, I am concerned that this process will push many out of business and reduce choice for their customers.

I know from the emails and letters I have received that this decision risks taking the e-cigs off the shelves, making it more difficult to obtain the product and more difficult to kick the habit.

I am also bitterly disappointed that, while the Conservative MEPs took the clear position to exempt e-cigs from the Directive, other UK MEPs did not. You can see more about the vote in the Parliament by clicking on this link

However, this vote is not the end of this process and you can be assured that I will be working with 'vapers' to make other MEPs see sense and support e-cigarette producers and users. The report will be voted on by all MEPs in the Autumn.

Tomorrow, having already visited one of the retailers, I am visiting a manufacturer of e-cigs in Blackburn to hear their views and to discuss the next steps in our campaign to exempt e-cigs from the Directive.

Yours sincerely

Jacqueline Foster MEP
Conservative MEP for the North West of England
Conservative Spokesman on Transport & Tourism in the European Parliament

http://www.jacquelinefostermep.com
http://www.twitter.com/jfostermep

Telephone:- 0151 346 2108

Thursby House
1 Thursby Road
Bromborough
Wirral CH62 3PW

Mods: Nemesis, Evic with Siam Tubes, LT, Ehpro, Innokin MVP, Kopsis, LB Versa, Bulldog and Atmizoo Dingo
Atty's: Kayfun 3.1, 2 x Kayfun Lite, Vicious Ant Cyclone with AFC and RSST
11/07/13 06:32 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like bigscottd's post:
Dragonmum (11/07/13), GIBLA53 (11/07/13), Grinder (26/02/14), Noddy Hodler (15/01/14)
Dragonmum Offline

Likes Given: 9,680
Sex: Female
She's a good girl that one.
11/07/13 07:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)