Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Why are all the vaping shops in the North
Ealing Fogman Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 14
Sex: Male
Why are all the vaping shops in the North
Firstly wanted to say hello to all the great people I met at vapefest last saturday, had a wicked time.
As the title suggests , all the vaping shops seem to be in the midlands north east area, and a few down on the south coast, branded by a certain well known vendor.
I must say that of all the great people I met at VF the majority were from that area, and not that many southerners. It was something that I was thinking about, why does vaping seem to be more popular in the north, or is it just me. although I buy most of my stuff off the net, it would be great to pop out to my local vaping shop and get some supplies. Surely for example London would be a great place for a shop if by population alone,
What are your'e thoughts..................................

30/08/12 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
monkeypilot Offline

Likes Given: 49
Sex:
RE: Why are all the vaping shops in the North
I have also noticed that takeup of vaping has been more in the north than south of that there Watford Gap.

Maybe it's something in the water.
30/08/12 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Amazing Vape Offline
vendor
Vendors

Likes Given: 392
I wouldn't invest money on an actual shop at this time, neither here nor in the UK or anywhere else - a lot of costs come with it and I'm not certain it would be a good investment. Other than that, not really knowing whether most shops are located in which parts of England, I agree that being a large city London would probably be one of the best places to open one. Sure there isn't any?

30/08/12 01:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
monkeypilot Offline

Sex:
I'm sure I saw a link to a bricks and mortar shop in Central London on here yesterday... Trying to track it down.
30/08/12 01:30 PM
Escapedfromdeath Offline

Likes Given: 853
(30/08/12 01:22 PM)Ealing Fogman Wrote:  Firstly wanted to say hello to all the great people I met at vapefest last saturday, had a wicked time.
As the title suggests , all the vaping shops seem to be in the midlands north east area, and a few down on the south coast, branded by a certain well known vendor.
I must say that of all the great people I met at VF the majority were from that area, and not that many southerners. It was something that I was thinking about, why does vaping seem to be more popular in the north, or is it just me. although I buy most of my stuff off the net, it would be great to pop out to my local vaping shop and get some supplies. Surely for example London would be a great place for a shop if by population alone,

Without wanting to be derogatory, my theory is that the northern counties are generally less affluent and therefore vaping has a greater money saving attraction.

Price is what you pay, value is what you get
-Warren Buffett
30/08/12 01:36 PM
monkeypilot Offline

Sex:
It being grim up north has nothing to do with it then

***ducks for cover***

Tounge
30/08/12 01:37 PM
Ealing Fogman Offline
Vendors

I searched, and found a couple of outlets that sold Tw products, one was a gift shop and the other an Ann Summers type shop called Cherry Pie,
But no actual fully fledged vaping shops.
So my question I suppose, is would you guys drive a few miles to a shop as appose to order off the web?

30/08/12 01:38 PM
Ealing Fogman Offline
Vendors

(30/08/12 01:36 PM)Escapedfromdeath Wrote:  
(30/08/12 01:22 PM)Ealing Fogman Wrote:  Firstly wanted to say hello to all the great people I met at vapefest last saturday, had a wicked time.

Without wanting to be derogatory, my theory is that the northern counties are generally less affluent and therefore vaping has a greater money saving attraction.
Everbody wants to save money, no matter where your'e from, and of course everybody wants to quit the stinkies.................

30/08/12 01:40 PM
monkeypilot Offline

Sex:
I'd say the first person to open a fully-fledged, well stocked bricks and mortar in London would clean up. It's a no-brainer.
30/08/12 01:52 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes monkeypilot's post:
Dragonmum (31/08/12)
JayLavEnts Offline
Retailer- London
Vendors

Likes Given: 470
Plans are afoot, my friend. Timing needs to be right though. For now, my shops are for smokers to make the switch. When there a more vapers it will be more feasible. The answer to the question, quite simply, is rent.

London is very, Very expensive to run a shop, and given a limited market, it becomes very important to focus on USP.

I have a plan, though. Hang tight.
30/08/12 01:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JayLavEnts's post:
Fairyarse (30/10/12)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)