Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
best 510 vv vw battery?
bobberbiker Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex: Undisclosed
best 510 vv vw battery?
whats a high end vv and vw 510 threaded battery?
im looking to upgrade but dont fancy the cheap £10 vv on ebay as il only upgrade from that again in a week or so lol whats a good one to go for?
28/01/14 07:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
scott23 Offline

Likes Given: 89
Sex: Male
RE: best 510 vv vw battery?
(28/01/14 07:20 PM)bobberbiker Wrote:  whats a high end vv and vw 510 threaded battery?
im looking to upgrade but dont fancy the cheap £10 vv on ebay as il only upgrade from that again in a week or so lol whats a good one to go for?

I just got a itaste mvp v2 with vv and vw . i highly recomend.

28/01/14 09:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
wobbly Offline

Likes Given: 203
(28/01/14 09:18 PM)scott23 Wrote:  
(28/01/14 07:20 PM)bobberbiker Wrote:  whats a high end vv and vw 510 threaded battery?

I just got a itaste mvp v2 with vv and vw . i highly recomend.

+1 Thumbs Up

Cheers.
28/01/14 09:37 PM
bobberbiker Offline

Likes Given: 1

thanks i was looking at the mvp but not to keen on the shape lol, i have seen alot of ppl using big round chunky ones with a blue led screen on them no idea what brand they are though
28/01/14 09:41 PM
JamalKing Offline
Pinoy Lover

Likes Given: 556
sounds like either the Innokin SVD or the Provari
28/01/14 09:42 PM
Jamin Online
Yeee haaaa

Likes Given: 1,663
I could say, go DNA 20/30, dicodes dani, but I have no experience with them do I can't recommend them, my only experience with vv/vw has been the evic, vamo and provari if I had to choose from them 3 it would be the provari bit they are ridiculously over priced but they do there job bloody well only vv.
If you need something to check resistance ect I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction. Or you could just go mechanical with a drop in crown module or kick which turns your mech mod into a vv/vw mod. Happy searching buddy.

Steel slug inbound Smiling ......
28/01/14 09:46 PM
Jon M Offline
** The Badger **

Likes Given: 451
What do you mean by "high end"? (price range)
When you say "threaded battery" do you mean a device with battery built in?

people could point you in all manner of directions tbh. I'd stick with a VW mod rather than a mechanical with a kick (for now at least) so you're going to hear a few different recommendations, most of which require separate batteries and charger for said batteries.

For something versatile and still ego-like you could try http://www.ivapour.co.uk/ego-v-v3-passth...nless.html

For a mod with a build in battery which goes up to 11watts you can look at something like the MVP2 (which has already been stated above) http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/MODS--Advanc...VV/VW.Html

You could also look at a Sigelei Zmax v3 which looks mechanical-ish, round and stainless steel but this will require separate batteries (as will everything else I recommend from this point in the post onwards!) http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/MODS--Advanc...scope.html

The VAMO is also well thought of http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/MODS--Advanc...Path=66_75

The iTaste SVD is also a decent choice http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/MODS--Advanc...e-SVD.html

The Provari is a workhorse and will last you for years, however it's also a bit old now and doesn't have variable wattage. This may or may not bother you. Because it's so popular you can also get "beauty rings" for it which flush it up against atomisers http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=190

EDIT - A lot of those links were for vapeescape but only because I couldn't be arsed to search the web ;-) you might get them cheaper elsewhere.

(This post was last modified: 29/01/14 05:24 AM by Jon M. )
29/01/14 05:23 AM
JoBo Offline

Likes Given: 3,551
Why do you want high end? If it's for durability and reliability, go for it. But if you're likely to want to upgrade (and there is a very interesting generation of regulated mods just around the corner), the cheaper ones will do the job just as well.

There are a bunch of 3-6v, 3-15w mods around, and I don't think many of them are noticeably better than the eGo-V V3 recommended above (the mega 1300mah version, the 650mah is too small). The ones that take smaller batteries won't have as good a battery life, although of course it is easy to switch out batteries and this might work better for you if you don't spend much time near a USB port or wall plug.

Most have the same 2.5a limit. The exception is the VTR which will give up to 5a, but still at a 15w limit, so it will fire a 0.6ohm coil at 3v and put 5a through it, but it won't give you 5a at 6v. The others can only give the full 15w with a 2.4ohm head. The DNA20 stuff obviously goes higher, but I don't know of any other regulated mods which have a more than 2.5a limit.

I have a very cheap eGo Spinner which only goes up to 4.8v but it has a 3a limit, so it can fire at slightly lower ohms (1.1 instead of 1.2) and will give its maximum power of 14.4w at 1.6ohms. I don't know if all makes of Spinner have the same amp limit but I think one with a 3a limit iis actually the best choice for something like the Protank because it works so well with wide microcoils and the widest ones you can fit in the head without getting complicated come in at 1.6-1.8ohms. Other tanks will have different optimal coils and so may work best on different VVs.

What you're really paying for with the VV/VWs is an onboard ohmmeter, ohm's law calculator, and display. They don't necessarily give more power, just more utility.

Unless bling is what you're after, I'd spend as little as possible for the set-up you're using and get better bling later on.
(This post was last modified: 29/01/14 08:41 AM by JoBo. )
29/01/14 06:23 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoBo's post:
peteswright (29/01/14)
JoBo Offline

Likes Given: 3,551
On the other hand ... if you really want bling and have money to burn, the Provari V2 has a 3.5a limit. It is only VV with single button press controls and it is very expensive, but it is great build quality and with that amp limit it should give you plenty of scope to play with different coils.

There is no max power listed there so it probably doesn't go as high as 21w but it will give you the (presumed) maximum power of 15w at lower voltages, allowing you to use lower resistances at maximum power. It would fire a 0.83ohm coil at 2.9v for just over 10w.

The only reason I presume it is still 15w max is that they don't mention the power at all and I haven't heard anyone raving about it like the DNA20. I may be wrong.

This will take any size of battery, with a larger end cap (optional extra) to take 18650s so you can get great battery life from it as well.

https://www.provape.com/provari-variable...g-s/36.htm
(This post was last modified: 29/01/14 09:26 AM by JoBo. )
29/01/14 09:21 AM
JamalKing Offline
Pinoy Lover

Likes Given: 556
The SVD has a 5A limit, with stacked 350s it's a force to be reckoned with, just putting it out there.

ALWAYS stack safely though
29/01/14 09:35 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamalKing's post:
JoBo (29/01/14)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)