Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
cleaning the iclear 16
joanneg87 Offline

Likes Given: 52
Sex: Undisclosed
cleaning the iclear 16
Hi Guys

Ive had a search for the answer to this question and cant seem to find it so apologies if there is a thread containing the answer.

How should I clean my iclear 16 and how long is such clearo meant to last?

Thanks in advance
Jo
08/08/13 07:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
al666 Offline

Likes Given: 7
Sex: Male
RE: cleaning the iclear 16
Same procedure as pretty much any other clearo Smiling

Take it apart and rinse all of the parts under warn running water until the smell of the liquid is gone (some will be very difficult to get rid of though). You can leave them to soak overnight too.

The plastic and metal parts can be dried off and left to air out, but the heads can be left to soak in vodka (the longer the better) and then dabbed dry, taking care not to pull the wicks out of the coil. Make sure the wicks are bone dry before using the head again as wet wicks give a horrible weak, thin vape. The vodka helps here by displacing some of the water and evaporating quickly.

The clearo itself should last forever (excluding physical damage like sitting on it!), but some juices may crack the plastic. Heads will last anything from days to months, depending on how often you vape and what type of juices you vape (high VG content will gunk them up quickly). They can be cleaned a number of times, but replacement heads are around 2 quid each, and most can be rebuilt with a steady hand (to be fair, I don't know how easy the iClear16 is to do).

Cheers,

Al.

08/08/13 07:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes al666's post:
joanneg87 (08/08/13)
mizloulou Offline

Likes Given: 603
Sex: Female
wot al said Big Grin

MODS:

Changing all the time!!!

Manicure

08/08/13 07:45 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes mizloulou's post:
joanneg87 (08/08/13)
jimthecarper Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 57
depends if you wanting to change flavours or just give it a clean to get it back performing again.

Remove drip tip, unscrew body from base.
Gently remove top white seal that over the wick.
Hold the wicks so they dont get damaged and rinse under hot water, (as hot as you can stand on your hands).
Gently dry the wicks with tissue to remove as much water as possible.
If I am doing longs wicks like these I then dry the wicks and coil with a hair dryer or leave it in a warm place overnight.
You now need to check that the coils look OK on the wick.

Put the iClear back on your battery, (still not assembled) and pulse the wick. i.e., give it 2 second bursts of power.
It will start to smoke, you may want to do this somewhere well ventilated. While doing the pulsing look at the wick and pulse in slightly longer bursts, the smaoking will slow down and you will see the wick start to glow. This is good.
You now want to pulse and glow the wick a few times and give it a good blow to get rid of any dry gung.

Check the wraps on your wick, they should be fairly even and uniform and not touching each other.

Take your washed and dryed seal and tank, rebuild and fill.

If you are changing flavours you might want to wash everyting in very mild soapy water and give it a really good rinse.

How long should a clearo last? Who knows.
When I used this type of tank I dry burned (as above) about every 4-5 fills.
Wicks lasted for at least 6-8 weeks.

Shield Mod, v3Tronics Flip, N-Zonic V3, Gus Lord, Several Box Mods, 2x Rose V2, KF 3.1, KFL, eXpromizer, Taifun.
Maker of the "Golden Box Mod" & many more.
08/08/13 07:53 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like jimthecarper's post:
joanneg87 (08/08/13), mizloulou (08/08/13)
joanneg87 Offline

Thank you all very much for your help and detailed instructions, i see i have my work cut out for me tonight Smiling
08/08/13 08:20 AM
jimthecarper Offline
Mod Makers and Sellers

Likes Given: 57
(08/08/13 08:20 AM)joanneg87 Wrote:  Thank you all very much for your help and detailed instructions, i see i have my work cut out for me tonight Smiling
Sounds long winded when you have to read it, but actually takes 5 minutes.
Once you've done it a couple of times it's a breeze and 9 times out of 10 it will put your atty back to new vaping again.

Shield Mod, v3Tronics Flip, N-Zonic V3, Gus Lord, Several Box Mods, 2x Rose V2, KF 3.1, KFL, eXpromizer, Taifun.
Maker of the "Golden Box Mod" & many more.
08/08/13 08:27 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jimthecarper's post:
joanneg87 (08/08/13)
nate Offline

Likes Given: 12
As above, i've got an iclear that's been going strong for about 2 months. Once the wicks had gone I gently removed them then re-wicked them using the method found here; http://ukvapers.org/Thread-How-to-upgrad...ht=rebuild

I use the other half's cotton wool buds and unravel them, remove a strip then twist into a wick. One bit of advice if you do decide to do this... adding a piece of foil to the end of the cotton and twist it into a fine point so it's easier to thread through the coils. Once its through simply remove the foil.

08/08/13 09:33 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes nate's post:
joanneg87 (08/08/13)
joanneg87 Offline

great thanks again for the brill replies, I was wondering about changing the wicks so you have really helped me there. hopefully I wont damage anything In doing so but as they're quire cheap to buy, I can afford to have a play Smiling
08/08/13 09:53 AM
mizloulou Offline

Likes Given: 603
Sex: Female
(08/08/13 07:53 AM)jimthecarper Wrote:  depends if you wanting to change flavours or just give it a clean to get it back performing again.

Remove drip tip, unscrew body from base.
Gently remove top white seal that over the wick.
Hold the wicks so they dont get damaged and rinse under hot water, (as hot as you can stand on your hands).
Gently dry the wicks with tissue to remove as much water as possible.
If I am doing longs wicks like these I then dry the wicks and coil with a hair dryer or leave it in a warm place overnight.
You now need to check that the coils look OK on the wick.

Put the iClear back on your battery, (still not assembled) and pulse the wick. i.e., give it 2 second bursts of power.
It will start to smoke, you may want to do this somewhere well ventilated. While doing the pulsing look at the wick and pulse in slightly longer bursts, the smaoking will slow down and you will see the wick start to glow. This is good.
You now want to pulse and glow the wick a few times and give it a good blow to get rid of any dry gung.

Check the wraps on your wick, they should be fairly even and uniform and not touching each other.

Take your washed and dryed seal and tank, rebuild and fill.

If you are changing flavours you might want to wash everyting in very mild soapy water and give it a really good rinse.

How long should a clearo last? Who knows.
When I used this type of tank I dry burned (as above) about every 4-5 fills.
Wicks lasted for at least 6-8 weeks.
marigolds help with the hot water bit Wink

(08/08/13 09:53 AM)joanneg87 Wrote:  great thanks again for the brill replies, I was wondering about changing the wicks so you have really helped me there. hopefully I wont damage anything In doing so but as they're quire cheap to buy, I can afford to have a play Smiling
u shouldent do any damage, cleaned mine the way described by jimthecarper more times than i care to remember lol..... i just leave them 2 dry overnight thou, not with the hairdryer, u could always use a pair of ghd's 4 the wick Wink Tounge

MODS:

Changing all the time!!!

Manicure

(This post was last modified: 08/08/13 10:01 AM by mizloulou. )
08/08/13 09:57 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes mizloulou's post:
joanneg87 (08/08/13)
taffyjock Offline

Likes Given: 751
Al has it spot on, I generally don't dab dry though just leave them to drip dry, only thing with recoiling is that my 16 are dual coil so I assume they all are, so the wraps would work out differently,

2 x 3.6ohm coils = an 1.8ohm dual coil might be wrong though.

I suppose there's no harm in only using one coil though

(This post was last modified: 08/08/13 11:25 AM by taffyjock. )
08/08/13 11:19 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes taffyjock's post:
joanneg87 (14/08/13)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)