Please read and share the UK Vapers E-Cigarette Facts Pamphlet available Here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eGo battery. Blue light stays on while charging.
peteswright Offline

Likes Given: 193
Sex: Male
RE: eGo battery. Blue light stays on while charging.
I use a timer socket set for two and a half hours to plug battery into when charging. This is for my 650mah tornado t (ego). It charges fully in two and a quarter hours, and if I forget, at least it switches off. Just a thought. ATB. Pete.
(This post was last modified: 13/03/13 01:11 PM by peteswright. )
13/03/13 01:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 4 users Like peteswright's post:
Buxton74 (13/03/13), donprohel (29/06/13), Enilette (13/03/13), the jester (13/03/13)
trog100 Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 11
Sex: Undisclosed
not a bad thought pete as regards the overnight or unattended thing for those that worry about it....

my own view is that if something is going to go wrong it will do so pretty quickly.. the idea of them slowly over charging until they go bang isnt a valid one.. i have seen a few go right up to five volts when the wrong battery charger combination is used.. apart from ruining the battery nothing else has happened or been noticeable..

one other little tip dont assume all chargers match all batteries.. they dont..

the ultimate in batter safety or paranoia depending on your viewpoint is charge and store outside in a flame proof container..

but many thousands of these batteries are in use throughout the world.. more often than not by people that know next to nothing about them.. whilst not saying bad things cant happen the evidence suggest its not very often.. scary youtube vid or not.. Wink

trog

(This post was last modified: 13/03/13 02:55 PM by trog100. )
13/03/13 02:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
gazza Offline

Likes Given: 930
(13/03/13 09:58 AM)Enilette Wrote:  Bought this kit off market only 2 weeks ago.
Have charged battery 6 times.
Started at 2 1/2 hours then went up gradually to 5 hours.
Then the last time I charged it the blue light stayed on while it was charging but it still charged.
Charged it overnight last night (forgot to unplug it).
This morning it won't work and if I try to re-charge it the blue light stays on again.
It's still not working !!!!!
HELP !!!! I do not want to go back to 40 cigs a day !!!

Hi Enilette, I had the same problem with an Ego. I bought from Vapeescape and when I contacted Jason he replaced withing 24 hours. Either get in touch with the vendor or go to vapeescape and order another , jason will have it with you by Friday at the latest.

http://www.vapeescape.co.uk/

Always good to have a spare.

sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

13/03/13 05:51 PM
Enilette Offline

Likes Given: 3
Sex: Female

(13/03/13 05:51 PM)gazza Wrote:  
(13/03/13 09:58 AM)Enilette Wrote:  Bought this kit off market only 2 weeks ago.
Then the last time I charged it the blue light stayed on while it was charging but it still charged.
This morning it won't work and if I try to re-charge it the blue light stays on again.

Hi Enilette, I had the same problem with an Ego. I bought from Vapeescape and when I contacted Jason he replaced withing 24 hours. Either get in touch with the vendor or go to vapeescape and order another , jason will have it with you by Friday at the latest.

Thank you for that. But I found out that I had turned the battery off by pressing the button 5 times !

13/03/13 06:18 PM
gazza Offline

Likes Given: 930
EmbarrasedClappingThumbs Up

the new smileys are so much fun

(13/03/13 06:18 PM)Enilette Wrote:  
(13/03/13 05:51 PM)gazza Wrote:  

Thank you for that. But I found out that I had turned the battery off by pressing the button 5 times !

sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

13/03/13 06:22 PM
boyaka Offline

Likes Given: 0
Sex:
Sorry to bump an old thread. Found this on Google.

I bought an ego-T (long battery, i think the biggest one) starter kit off amazon (had a gift card...was pretty shady seller...found cheaper places after I learned more). It came with two of them.

I swear that they both had the blue light on while charging when I first got them...But I can't remember for sure. Now one of them doesn't light up at all when charging (only as you screw it in), and the other does (doesn't go off when charged).

One thing I did notice, I believe this is on the one that "stopped" or never lit up while charging, was that the interface (with the button) had come loose on it. I pushed it back in as tight as I could. I believe this is when the blue light stopped coming on while charging for that one, but I can't be sure.

I figure there is no problem leaving them plugged in. Other lithium-ion battery devices this is the way they are designed to be used (phones, computers). What's worse for them is letting them discharge completely too often or for too long. This is what diminishes battery life.

Also, from reading about phone batteries, I have heard that if you are storing them it is best to have it at 30% charge.
26/06/13 05:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)