• 3 Votes - 5 Average
eVod - how to rewick
Jeff @ House Of Mods Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,049
Sex: Male
eVod - how to rewick
(05/03/13 03:23 AM)fatmagic Wrote:  
(05/02/13 11:35 PM)Ratfinkz Wrote:  Did my first ever vaping video, which also happens to be my first ever tutorial video - and first ever video that's not just filming my animals etc - scary stuff!

Anyhow if you'd like to see how to rewick the Evod - feel free to watch, I hear they're pretty similar to the Kangar T3 so this might help with that also

will this go on an ego?

Sure will mate ^^^^

Mecha Bod, Sophia & Cage Tank, (houseofmods.co.uk)
FoGGatti Hybrid (foggatti.com)
provari 2.5 mini (vapegear.co.uk)
08/03/13 07:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
bun.it Offline

Likes Given: 71
Sex:
RE: eVod - how to rewick
Really impressed with these. They look good on an eGo IMO.
08/03/13 07:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Anson Offline

Likes Given: 116
(06/03/13 07:42 PM)skp574 Wrote:  Does anyone vape Virginia Prime in an eVod? I'm discovering it kills the head really quickly. I'll be lucky if I get a day out of it before taste goes off and vapour drops. I took the top of the head off and looked at the coils. The top two wicks were fine, but the main wick was black and the coils were a bit gunked. The dried burned to clean the coils and replace the top two wicks and almost back to normal again.

The Virginia prime is a coil killer, think the all the real tobacco extracted liquids are.
The El Toro stuff is so bloody good that it's worth it.
08/03/13 12:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
skp574 Offline

Likes Given: 67
eVod - how to rewick
(08/03/13 12:26 PM)Anson Wrote:  
(06/03/13 07:42 PM)skp574 Wrote:  Does anyone vape Virginia Prime in an eVod? I'm discovering it kills the head really quickly. I'll be lucky if I get a day out of it before taste goes off and vapour drops. I took the top of the head off and looked at the coils. The top two wicks were fine, but the main wick was black and the coils were a bit gunked. The dried burned to clean the coils and replace the top two wicks and almost back to normal again.

The Virginia prime is a coil killer, think the all the real tobacco extracted liquids are.
The El Toro stuff is so bloody good that it's worth it.

I haven't had any problems with Cigarillos, it's just VP that's not playing nicely or just more of a coil killer.

Scott.

Atties: KFL+v2 | Magma
Mods: Vaporshark DNA

08/03/13 02:17 PM
skp574 Offline

eVod - how to rewick
What wick sizes are people using to rebuild their eVod heads?

I've been playing with 2mm and 3mm as the main wick and 2x1mm wicks for the loose wicks that sit on top. With 50/50 juice I get gurgling within about 10-20 puffs. If I tip it upside down there quite a bit of juice that comes out in a tissue. The first 10 puffs are spot on loads of vapour and flavour. If anything better than the stock heads as there no funky taste coming from the new head.

The stock heads look to be 2mm as the main wick and 2x1mm loose wicks. I can't understand why I'm getting so much gurgling compared to the stock ones. Perhaps over-wicking?

My next build will be a 2mm doubled over as the main wick and the 1mm top wicks to try to pack out the head a bit more. Just really strange how I need to put more wick in compared to the stock heads, if indeed that stops the problem. Only problem going up in wick size is increasing the resistance. I'll have to go up a wire size to keep the resistance around 1.6 ohms which is what I'm trying to work to.

I'm using the same juice each time.

What sizes have people found to give good results and last more than half a day?

Scott.

10/03/13 09:32 AM
Shaggy Offline

Likes Given: 382
Re: eVod - how to rewick
Im assuming the evod is almost identical to the vapeonly bcc. Ive rewickes the vapeonly with a 2mm wick on iys own. My first attempt was done by stuffing as much wick as possible on top of the coil, which resulted in flooding which I suspct is what you are getting with all that wick in the head.

Try with a single strand of 2mm and if your having issues, then put a 1mm strand on top of it.
Im gonna order a couple myself cos I think they look great on egos!

10/03/13 09:57 AM
jay123 Offline

Likes Given: 246
i use 2mm doubled over, 5 wraps of 0.25 kanthal works great for me no gurgling and lasts over a week with no problems
10/03/13 07:17 PM
skp574 Offline

eVod - how to rewick
(10/03/13 07:17 PM)jay123 Wrote:  i use 2mm doubled over, 5 wraps of 0.25 kanthal works great for me no gurgling and lasts over a week with no problems

Do you put any loose wicks in top of the coil, or is it 'open to the elements'?

I'll give this a go tonight and see how I get on. Are you getting around 1.5-1.8 ohms on your coil?

Scott.

10/03/13 07:20 PM
skp574 Offline

Just a follow up. I tried 2 x 2mm with 5 wraps of 0.25 kanthal. Worked great initially until this morning and now I've got mass gurgling coming from the head and an excess of juice building up causing flooding.

I've going to try another juice tonight and see if there it makes any difference. I may stick 1/2 1mm wicks on top of the main one to see if that makes any difference. It will certainly protect the coil from getting shorted against the top of the head. My first attempt last night resulted in popping the coil due to a short inside.

Scott.

11/03/13 11:04 AM
mike_e_j Offline

Likes Given: 689
Re: eVod - how to rewick
I started with 3mm and 1mm on top and got leaks too. Now I've used 1/2 of the 3mm (so 1.5) on top and it seems ok up to now. It's crackling like mad though. That's using 5 wraps of 0.20 kanthal coming out at 1.9. It's ekowool I've used too so not sure if that's made a difference or not.
11/03/13 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)