Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ego battery/charger problem?
sparklewolf Offline

Likes Given: 149
Sex: Male
ego battery/charger problem?
I got two new batteries over the weekend and im having the weirdest issue charging them

i have two ego chargers, one that i've had for ages which afaik has been working perfectly for the past while.. and a new one I got with the batteries

whatever charger I use the batteries will charge to green.. then if I take them out and screw them back into the charger.. it goes to red again and stays there for 5-10 minutes, sometimes longer

I coud understand a few seconds of red while it checks to see how charged the battery is.. but it seems like even though it has reported it as being fully charged it then decides what the hell, I'll charge it for another 15 minutes

does this seem normal? the only other egos I have are one that's almost 2 years old (didnt get much use until the last few months so still works fine) and an ego twist.. neither of which, to the best of my knowledge, do this.

im pretty sure it's not the charger as it happens on both chargers... is this just something more modern ego batteries do?
17/09/12 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
maccafan Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex:
RE: ego battery/charger problem?
Different circuitry within the wide plethora of ego type batteries being sold, deal with charging the battery differently..Not all "ego's" are the same and there is a wide variety of circuitry inside similar looking devices..

If both the new ego's you bought are doing exactly the same on two different chargers, I wouldn't worry about it too much so long as they perform as expected..

My Parents have been there for me ever since I was seven-David Beckham
17/09/12 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes maccafan's post:
sparklewolf (17/09/12)
sparklewolf Offline

yeah they do seem to be lasting as long as a 900mah should so I guess I won't worry
17/09/12 07:24 PM
ezsmoke Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 132
Sex: Undisclosed
I've experienced same with my Ego batteries. I'm no "expert" with electric and charging, but I think that as soon as you take a freshly charged battery of charge it very quickly drops some voltage. Then if you go to recharge the battery, the "smart chargers" will bring it up to voltage again.

You experience same thing if you put a car battery on charge. The charger will give a good battery a blast of charge for a few minutes, and then evens off, and stops charging.

17/09/12 09:35 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ezsmoke's post:
sparklewolf (17/09/12)
sparklewolf Offline

that's one disadvantage of the ego batts.. can't get a multimeter out and check the voltage Smiling
17/09/12 09:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)