Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
emergency vet treatment after dog ate eliquid
kelloggs1379 Offline

Likes Given: 6
Sex: Female

RE: emergency vet treatment after dog ate eliquid
Thanks phil, i know they are a pain arent they! the amount of stuff he has chewed up is unbelievable he's had allsorts from my mums new vertical blinds (which she still moans about) the mattress of our bed god nearly everything in the house. He the master of cunning with bottles he can get the pop bottle off in 3 seconds flat even when its on proper tight, we though it was quite funny when he used to pinch our bottles of pop take lid off and drink it until he moved on to the bailys!
i keep my jiuce in a metal tin in top kitchen cupboard because nothings safe from him, he can open the doors.
i cant even have a bath in peace cus he thinks he's missing out on something and opens the door and lets himself in!
27/03/13 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes kelloggs1379's post:
Pikeybarsteward (28/03/13)
rik398 Offline

Likes Given: 9
Sex:
I can empethise with this.

I have a parrot and they are generally very sensitive to the slightest thing. Use the wrong type of frying pan in the kitchen and the fumes can seriosuly hurt them. This comes as an advantage as you know not to take any chances what so ever. Luckily parrots generally live in cages and can't generally get themselves in trouble, whereas dogs can get themselves in trouble some times.

Hope the dog is ok. Luckily they are more resiliant than people often think. My mum breeds dogs so we have about 9 in the house. Seen it all from snake bites to puppies pulling through when they techbically should not. With the vet treatment I am sure the dog will be fine. Maybe a bit of a headache... Though you would never know that Smiling
27/03/13 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Dragonmum Offline

Likes Given: 9,041
One of my better buys was a post-box from Lidl; fixed to the outside wall above the gas meter box and right under the house number for the postie's benefit. I feel for you Kellloggs; anything affecting my dogs gets me very uptight. I'm sure he'll be fine, sounds like he's milking it a bit - as they do. Thanks for posting, it's a wake-up call to be very careful re every aspect of ejuice or any other product that could do harm.
27/03/13 11:36 PM
Midnightvaper Offline

Likes Given: 64
very unfortunate thing to happen, glad your dog is on the mend by the sounds of it,just goes to show you what can happen. I've got a solid cage on mine as my dalmatian used to attack the post any time it came through the door and would scare the postman to death lol it solved the problem there is no way she can get the post now it's got like a grill on the top you have to open to get the post out,think I got it from argos hope that helps. she actually runs at the door and has banged it a few times and it's still solid Smiling she still barks when the post comes through but doesn't attempt to get the post.
27/03/13 11:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Stevethesax Offline
My brain still hurts

Likes Given: 237
Sex: Male
Hope your pooch feels much better very soon!

Cheers,

Steve
27/03/13 11:45 PM
kelloggs1379 Offline

Likes Given: 6

Thank you all so much for your kind replies Smiling
I will be def buying a basket or post box wall thing, they sound good and safer cause knowing my luck his strength he might rip the basket off after all he did rip down the 6 foot solid wood fence panels which had about 6inch screws in when he fancied a little adventure round the estate! thankfully that ended well as he managed to find his way to my partners mums house where he had never been before. he jumped up to the kitchen window and luckily his mum managed to get him in until we got round to collect him.
just waiting on a reply about an order dispatched to see if it is sighned for or not, i wont be leaving house now til posties been and dont think i be ordering until i get a post box thing just to be sure!
i am that used to him destroying the usual stuff round the house but i daren't take my eyes off him now, moving everthing in sight high up just in case!

Thank you everyone
27/03/13 11:58 PM
KnightStalker Offline

Likes Given: 24
Sounds horrible, glad its working out ok, and hope it continues that way...either need an indoor cage or outside box for those things i think from now on, just incase it might happen again.
Luckily my Jack Russel, hates the smell of my eliquids, she does like bottles, as she likes chewing drink bottles and the like but she stays away from any packet with eliquid in...cats on the other hand love the smell of GVC so its them i need to watch out for lol

Mods : Nemesis - Hana DNA30
Atomisers : Rose V2 - Origen V2 - Kayfun Lite+
Combo in use : Hana DNA30 & Rose V2
28/03/13 12:00 AM
HandsomeStan Offline
Left Voluntarily

Likes Given: 572
Sex: Undisclosed
I know how worried you must be, this has made me realise I really need to start preparing for my new puppy, now a cage for the letterbox is top of my list! Thank you for sharing this with us.

I'm sure when you get up tomorrow your doggie will be back to their old self ready to bark at the postman again ;-)

All the best jake
28/03/13 12:09 AM
alekosh Offline

Likes Given: 324
Glad the dog is fine matey. You got me worried at first with the title. Thank god the dog got through it. Guess we really really have to be careful with our passion Smiling On the other hand, maybe now with the sickness and stuff he will be afraid to open bottles.

28/03/13 06:18 AM
Jeff @ House Of Mods Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,049
glad your pooch is on the mend kellog fingers crossed he/she gets back to normal,
dont fancy the bill your vets are probably going to be charging for his over night stay but worth it as they become part of the family,
our pooch is just as bonkers and is a reall character lol staffy/heinz 57 rescue pooch lol and as is daft as a brush and the most loving dog iv ever know, she even plays with one of our cats, diesel ( who has an identity crisis as he thinks he's a dog too)

Mecha Bod, Sophia & Cage Tank, (houseofmods.co.uk)
FoGGatti Hybrid (foggatti.com)
provari 2.5 mini (vapegear.co.uk)
28/03/13 07:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)