Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iStick Pico not staying in TC-SS mode
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 214
Sex: Male
RE: iStick Pico not staying in TC-SS mode
The 4 presses does work. Presumably the mod is initially set to 75w to minimise ramp-up time. Set lower as a safety net if wanted, but if set too low for the temperature wanted, it will prevent TC from working properly.
03/01/17 12:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like MDC's post:
Izan (03/01/17), Kenneth (08/01/17)
wobbly Offline

Likes Given: 975
Thanks for that. I'd never realised.Thumbs Up

Cheers.

Sent using a Raspberry Pi 2 (Ubuntu-Mate) whilst puffing away on a Wraith squonker.
03/01/17 06:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Given-up Offline

Likes Given: 3
Sex:
(03/01/17 12:27 PM)Izan Wrote:  
(30/12/16 04:16 PM)Havin_it Wrote:  OK, I do have one follow-up query: I'm looking at these Ti coils, are they OK for this combo?

They seem to be the ones listed as accessories on the eLeaf site, but I'm not 100% confident because (a) the Amazon listing says max 60W and the Pico seems pegged at 75W when in TC mode (or can this be changed? Not got the manual handy) and (b) the Melo 3 isn't mentioned as a supported tank in the listing.
As above, 4 clicks sets max watts while in TC
03/01/17 08:18 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Given-up's post:
Izan (03/01/17)
Havin_it Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex:

@Izan, @Given-up: Nghh! I no reed gud Sad Might have been a bit too tired and emotional when reading X-/

Having learned this I've gone ahead and ordered a pack of Ti coils.

(03/01/17 12:53 PM)MDC Wrote:  The 4 presses does work. Presumably the mod is initially set to 75w to minimise ramp-up time. Set lower as a safety net if wanted, but if set too low for the temperature wanted, it will prevent TC from working properly.

I'm a bit unclear on this. On eleaf's site, both TC coil types say "60W (max)" so doesn't this mean I need to keep the wattage below that to avoid burning?
03/01/17 11:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Havin_it's post:
Izan (03/01/17)
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 214
(03/01/17 11:08 PM)Havin_it Wrote:  @Izan, @Given-up: Nghh! I no reed gud Sad Might have been a bit too tired and emotional when reading X-/

Having learned this I've gone ahead and ordered a pack of Ti coils.

(03/01/17 12:53 PM)MDC Wrote:  The 4 presses does work. Presumably the mod is initially set to 75w to minimise ramp-up time. Set lower as a safety net if wanted, but if set too low for the temperature wanted, it will prevent TC from working properly.

I'm a bit unclear on this. On eleaf's site, both TC coil types say "60W (max)" so doesn't this mean I need to keep the wattage below that to avoid burning?

I'm not sure why they are specifying maximum watts - to be consistent with the units, why not specify maximum temperature? Excessive heat is what will burn the coil.

I've frequently overrun stock coils back in the days when I bought them - as long as the wicking and airflow cools them enough, not a problem.

If you run the mod at 75w TC then it will momentarily output 75w when the coil is cold, then drop power to maintain the set temperature, so all should be well.

If you want to set the mod to 60w, also fine. The coil will ramp up a touch slower, but as long as you don't request a temperature higher than 60w can supply given your juice and air flow settings, the mod will regulate OK.
03/01/17 11:35 PM
Havin_it Offline

Likes Given: 1
Sex:

Hmm. Well, the Ti coils arrived yesterday, and preliminary findings are not too encouraging. I started off with the wattage dialed down to 60W but later threw caution to the wind and went up to 75W, though it made little noticeable difference to the experience.

There was virtually no flavour or warmth to the vape (even taking longer DTL draws, which is not my preference anyway). My juice of the moment is Cosmic Fog Sonrise (30/70% PG/VG) at 1.2%, which has a nice sweet flavour and warmth at about 40-45W in VW mode. In TC-Ti mode, went up to max temp (315C) and it still had no warmth, less vapour produced, and no flavour apart from the alarming amount of spitting it was doing into my mouth (verging on painful).

I fear I'm starting to see why so many folks are nonplussed about TC Sad
08/01/17 09:12 PM
Izan Online
tactless fuck

Likes Given: 2,575
(08/01/17 09:12 PM)Havin_it Wrote:  Hmm. Well, the Ti coils arrived yesterday, and preliminary findings are not too encouraging. I started off with the wattage dialed down to 60W but later threw caution to the wind and went up to 75W, though it made little noticeable difference to the experience.

There was virtually no flavour or warmth to the vape (even taking longer DTL draws, which is not my preference anyway). My juice of the moment is Cosmic Fog Sonrise (30/70% PG/VG) at 1.2%, which has a nice sweet flavour and warmth at about 40-45W in VW mode. In TC-Ti mode, went up to max temp (315C) and it still had no warmth, less vapour produced, and no flavour apart from the alarming amount of spitting it was doing into my mouth (verging on painful).

I fear I'm starting to see why so many folks are nonplussed about TC Sad

I set TC up as if it was VW and then set my temp as a "safety net" max.
If the coils have a resistance that you would normally fire at 40W-45W, then start there. I would try temp at 420/215.

Cheers
I

08/01/17 09:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)