Psycho Offline
Nic Junkie

Likes Given: 429
Sex: Male
just found this
just found this in local paper

link

11/03/13 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Psycho's post:
FlamingKaty (11/03/13)
HERC Offline

Likes Given: 16
RE: just found this
I like this quote

Quote:But graphic design student Oli John, 19, who is a smoker, said: "I don't think banning e-cigarettes is the solution. If they're less harmful to you, then why is the university making it harder for people to smoke them?

Read more: http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/electr...z2NELGakPE
Follow us: @thisisnottm on Twitter | ThisIsNottingham on Facebook

That guy knows nothing, the Uni is NOT making it harder to use electronic cigs at all, all they are saying is you can't use within the buildings.
11/03/13 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Bongobry Offline
Cullion

Likes Given: 291
Quote:And Professor John Britton, who set up the UK Centre for Tobacco Control Studies at the University of Nottingham, said: "It's medically inconceivable they could be as harmful as the real thing."

When reading that I couldn't help thinking of...

11/03/13 12:03 PM
AlpineNewt Offline
Paul Kendrick

Likes Given: 1,991
Hmm... a troll in the comments saying someone else vaping in a pub made it hard for him to breathe! Must be the first case in history, he should be studied as the marvel of science that he is!

11/03/13 01:21 PM
Bongobry Offline
Cullion

Likes Given: 291
(11/03/13 01:21 PM)AlpineNewt Wrote:  Hmm... a troll in the comments saying someone else vaping in a pub made it hard for him to breathe! Must be the first case in history, he should be studied as the marvel of science that he is!

I read that comment too. However, I think it a bit unfair to call that person a troll for simply stating that they didn't get on well with the vapour that someone else forced upon them.

That doesn't mean I necessarily believe what they're saying, though. I've had it loads of times when someone at a bus stop starts coughing when they see me exhaling what they perceive to be 'smoke' from my mouth. That's just learned behaviour on their part by them trying to make me feel ashamed for smoking near them even though I'm not, especially as I make a point to never blow my vapour anywhere near them.

Still, some people have asthmatic reactions to things like someone spraying deodorant nearby, so giving your 'troll' the benefit of the doubt is also a wise option. Anyone who feels it's okay to blow vapourised food flavourings, nicotine traces and chemical liquids in other people's faces is hardly being considerate.

(easier said then done when I'm pished down the pub) 15
11/03/13 01:43 PM
Rotax Online

Likes Given: 58
Sex: Undisclosed
I friend of mine is allergic to strong smells, mainly parfymes, and she got allergic reaction from my e-cig vape so nowadays I don't vape in her presence. People are just different.

11/03/13 01:54 PM
HERC Offline

Likes Given: 16
There are many cases on this forum along of people having allergic reactions to certain juices and vapours,
11/03/13 01:55 PM
AlpineNewt Offline
Paul Kendrick

Likes Given: 1,991
OK. I jumped to a conclusion there. I'm just naturally suspicious. Smiling

11/03/13 02:01 PM
trigger 1971 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Noticed that the article stated that the Broadmarsh Centre has also banned them....But it was ok for them to take xxx amount of rent money from a vendor that had a stall in there for the last 12 months or so.!!!

Funny thing is I was in there a couple of days ago upstairs having a coffee outside the cafe near the 99p store and a security official walked by when i let out a large plume and they said nowt.

I understand both shopping centres in Nottm are owned by Westfield as is the centre in Derby but they still have a VIP and e-lites store in there.

Surly if they ban the use in one then it needs to be all.

I will pretend not to have read the Evening Post article and carry on till i'm told not to.
18/03/13 07:44 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like trigger 1971's post:
AlpineNewt (18/03/13), Psycho (18/03/13)
trog100 Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 11
Sex: Undisclosed
Quote:I will pretend not to have read the Evening Post article and carry on till i'm told not to.

a rule i apply to most things in life.. he he

trog

18/03/13 08:59 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes trog100's post:
Psycho (18/03/13)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)