Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
return of the genesis?
Rudie Offline
King Knut

Likes Given: 63
Sex: Undisclosed
return of the genesis?
Hey,

Im probably a little behind with the times, I tuned out a bit with the release of the tfv8 - I love that tank! Anyways, ive noticed recently that tanks similar to the genesis seem to be making a comeback. But this time for cloud chasing. Ive seen a couple, one was by Vgod and another I think was called avocado 24.

Im curious, what are this tanks like? Do they wick well? They remind me of the iclear 30, do you have to tip it to get it to wick when half empty? Do they leak if carried in pocket like the old genis?
10/01/17 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
QuinnDexter Offline
Uberfool

Likes Given: 1,697
Sex: Male
RE: return of the genesis?
They have picked up the name of RDTAs - Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomisers, though as you say they are more or less a gennie with large wick holes intended for cotton. Though they are a tank, you couild choose to drip into them if you wished. I've got a couple of Avocado 24s and Limitless Plus tanks and have found them excellent. The vape is that of a dripper but with the convenience if a tank. If coiled and wicked properly (they usually need big coils) then leaks are not a worry, but they do need occasional tipping when the tank gets down to the dregs if you use long wicks, more so if you cut them short. If you like drippers but not dripping or want a more convenient dripper for out and about they're an inexpensive and quite effective alternative to squonking.

10/01/17 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Loganberry Offline

Likes Given: 5,161
They wick OK. I find the large chamber of the 22mm Avacado detracts from the vape but still pretty good. There is selective wicking - flavour changes a little as the tank empties. A lot of tanks claiming to be dripper quality vape but none that I've tried really deliver.
10/01/17 08:41 PM
Rudie Offline
King Knut

Likes Given: 63

(10/01/17 08:22 PM)QuinnDexter Wrote:  They have picked up the name of RDTAs - Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomisers, though as you say they are more or less a gennie with large wick holes intended for cotton. Though they are a tank, you couild choose to drip into them if you wished. I've got a couple of Avocado 24s and Limitless Plus tanks and have found them excellent. The vape is that of a dripper but with the convenience if a tank. If coiled and wicked properly (they usually need big coils) then leaks are not a worry, but they do need occasional tipping when the tank gets down to the dregs if you use long wicks, more so if you cut them short. If you like drippers but not dripping or want a more convenient dripper for out and about they're an inexpensive and quite effective alternative to squonking.

Im considering getting one. I had the aromariser rdta v1 , and quite liked it for a while. I picked up the aromariser supreme the other week as a stopgap as my tfv8 needed a new glass and I couldnt find the v1. Long story short the supreme is pants.
10/01/17 09:30 PM
QuinnDexter Offline
Uberfool

Likes Given: 1,697
Sex: Male
If you want to give one a go then you can pick up an Avocado in the UK for £20-25 quite easily, only slightly cheaper from China. Gearbest have the 24mm version for £20.68 from their UK warehouse with free delivery. Out of the two types I have it's my preferred one mainly because it's more compact and a more solid build. It also comes with a single coil adaptor/chamber reducer if that takes your fancy
I use mine with the airflow shut down quite small but you can open them right up if you should fancy fogging up the room. The vape isn't quite on par with the best drippers, but closer than with most bottom coil tanks.

http://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atom...html?wid=3

10/01/17 11:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)