Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wetherspoons campain
icekizzy Offline

Likes Given: 66
Sex: Female
Exclamation wetherspoons campain
i would like to direct u all to my complaint as there is to much to list ... as you can clearly see i have not had a response from the customer services of wetherspoons nor have i had a response to the email with the same information asking about it Thumbs Down

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?st...ed_comment

Im selfish impatient I make mistakes I am out of control an @ times hard 2 handle if u can't handle me @ my worst then u sure as hell dont deserve me @ my best

04/02/13 03:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes icekizzy's post:
Russell VR Ord (CAM-VIP) (04/02/13)
Onceupon Offline
Defrosted lump of gristle

Likes Given: 137
Sex: Male
RE: wetherspoons campain
I see bugger all. Sorry.

Onceupon swapped cigarettes for e-cigarettes yonks back
780,000 kids have since started smoking in the UK alone

UKV Chat: Not a medicine but a forum alternative.

http://grumpyoldvapers.webs.com
04/02/13 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
icekizzy Offline

(04/02/13 04:32 PM)Onceupon Wrote:  I see bugger all. Sorry.

my apologizes i will copy info on the thread that is on facebook and put it on here in a short while i forgot not everyone a member of failbook Blush

Im selfish impatient I make mistakes I am out of control an @ times hard 2 handle if u can't handle me @ my worst then u sure as hell dont deserve me @ my best

04/02/13 06:30 PM
icekizzy Offline

OK this is the info/question that i asked wetherspoons on there Facebook site and i emailed them the same

hello wetherspoons i wanted to ask a question why is it that we cannot vape our e-cigs in your pubs i would like a reasonable answer as i can not see this as a problem as you are well aware that vaping is water and is perfectly safe and healthy why is it that you allow people to smoke out side your pubs leaving fag ends all over the place even though there are smoke bins outside the entrance blocking people entering your pubs with fag smoke making the place look unappealing you serve beer from half 9 in the morning to people that look like they have been there all nite! yet we are not aloud to vape water in your pubs ... if you say we are giving the impression that we am smoking indoors are you aware that nearly every single person knows what an e-cig is? thank you for taking your time to read and hopefully respond with a plausible answer!
(this was posted yesterday so 14 hours later i responded)

this was the talk/chat that follows from fellow wetherspoons fans i will indicate someone with a smiley so you can see the different people that have posted replied my reply's will be a love heart in front of the paragraph Smiling

Heart take it spoons don't answer questions on here or on there contact us emails ..... great customer service ....

Shy Good point kizzy . Would love to hear their explanation. As a non smoker i would be happier with people " smoking" an ecig indoors than a real cigarette in front of the doors making all customers who pass them smell!!

Crying Didn't think they can stop ya! Cus its not illegal!!

Heart its the same thing as the coffee machine in there establishments the vapor that comes from them i could well say im offended by it as i hate the smell and taste of coffee! i go in for a steak lunch an the coffee vapors put me off they say they are more than happy for us to use the designated smoking areas?!?! ... im sorry but im a non smoker i gave up smoking why would i want to go to a smoking area and vape!! wheres the incentive in that! i say take the coffee machine outside i think the smokers need it more than inside!! but i don't say nothing cuz its not harming me in any way

Angel Well said hunnie xx

Wink u tell em sis xxx

Heart they cant stop u and it does not fall under the smoking ban but the managers of wetherspoons have made the decision to ban it in there establishments ... that's not fair do they actually understand how a e-cig works if they did they would not be banning this!!

Shy Get more people aware if this and they may answer you. They wouldn't want the bad publicity ! X

Heart id like to hear from anyone on this page that supports this ban and give there reasons i wont bully you into anything or turn against u in anyway i would just like to hear it from someone who thinks differently to me and try and understand it from that point of view because this has flabbergasted me an made me speechless (not easily done)

Tongue well said kez and i would also like an explanation to this also and i defo want the coffee smell gone makes me sick (no joke)

Idea We should get a large group together that use e-cigarettes and all go in together, then vape! Also let the news paper know of the plan to see what the outcome will be! lol

Heart not a bad idea but i would like to hear from wetherspoons itself or anyone else on this page what they think ... don't get me wrong i have not got a vendetta against wetherspoons this is my local when im in town im happy with the food im happy with the drinks im happy all round until i read the part where it said about e-cigs ... i have been told from media advertizements governments shops and other places that all places are fine with this its perfectly legal ... why should i have to go to designated smoking areas when i don't smoke!!!!

Heart http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Wetherspoons-...l-Guidance that is the official letter sent from head office down this is the only reason for them not to allow it in there pubs is the fact that they look like real fags and trying to pass real fags off as fake fags ... if u ask me this is outdated by 5 yrs and needs a review as my e-cig looks like a pen not a cigarette!!! (*took it from your site its why i joined Wink *)

Heart copied and pasted the info of what the letter says thx to a fellow forum member thank you whoever it was xx VVVV
Bit hard to read but it says....

The issue of wether or not electronic cigarettes can be used in our pubs has been considered at the highest levels within our company

Due to the appearance and workings of an electronic cigarette, there have been occasions when these cigarettes have been mistaken for real cigarettes by both staff and customers. We have also on occasion experienced customers attempting to pass real cigarettes off as electronic cigarettes resulting in customers actually trying to smoke in the pub. Although these incidents are rare , they can result in the pub being heavily fined.

Therefore, due to the problems experienced with the monitoring of these cigarettes, we can confirm that we do not permit the use of electronic cigarettes in our pubs and will not be reviewing this decision for the foreseeable future.

We trust this information assists you and thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Tongue i'd like to see someone think my tank looks like a real fag (totally wicked e liquid black tornado-t e-cig) as you can see it looks like a pen nothing like a real fag so again this so called letter is bull in my eyes

Idea My last trip to the states,, while on the long flight, the flight attendant said i couldn't use my e-cig on the flight!! I was outraged,, and said im not harming anyone or breaking any laws,, she said it makes other passengers want to light up a real cig!! I told her to hand them a sleeping eye mask or give them gum,,, not my problem they weren't prepared!!lol

Tongue one other thing i'd like to see is them moving people that smoke right out side the doors as the smell from them smoking as coming into the pub every time someone opens the doors as they are way to close and it stinks!!!!

Cool well said kizzy if they are gonna be pedantic about th ecig maybe they should double check the rules on how far away from the establishment doors people are suppose to smoke cus i bet they aren't actually sticking to the required law for that. there is a minimum distance because otherwise people may as well still be indoors because the smoke comes back in with people as the doors are opened and shut to go in and out.

Heart i agree but as i still state with that why the hell should i go out there with the smokers when i don't smoke!! and if you take a read of what head office have put in there letter to all pubs then they need to rethink there decision as as you can clearly see from pams post ours look nothing like a real fag .... Joanne as a pub owner yourself ... do u allow vaporizers in ur pub?

Cool i don't see the problem there is a big difference between the 2 i work for marstons now and we have never had any such enforcement stopping the ecigs when i had mine my boss was grateful because it didn't mean me going outside and wasting 5 minutes for a cigarette because i could have a couple of drags of vapour when i wanted it while i took glasses into the back to be cleaned. so its probably in their better interest to allow the ecigs. if they are worried about people lighting up properly you can smell a proper cigarette just tell the customer that they are welcome to bring an ecig in instead. in fact you'll find a lot of workplaces are now actually encouraging their staff to quit smoking or move to the e-cigs to help their productivity especially in warehouses and busy working environments.

Tongue yeah a lot of people in my work place are starting to use e-cigs

Heart well lets see if we get a plausible reply from management with this thread because im really intrigued now as to what will happen ... we all seem in favor of the e-cig in pubs and we pose a good argument

Thumbs Down That's ridiculous . E-cigs r meant to be allowed to have in pubs clubs restaurants etc so that is completely out of order . I don't blame u for complaining I would too

Heart if this thread gets deleted an me removed please keep up the work we need to get this ban changed i will go as high as a meeting with the head office if i have to and i will be going to watchdog if i do not get any form of reply this is against our rights they say its legal but ban it for a ridiculous reason well its not on ... im not against there food there staff or there beer its this one subject but if i get banned off here because of this complaint/query because it don't look pretty and is negative then wetherspoons don't take customer service seriously as you have to respond to the bad as well as good to improve on good customer care an service after all this is an establishment that so says prides in making the customer happy ....

Undecided At the end of the day it is their decision to allow it or not, here is a thought, you could try a different pub.

Heart why should i have to move when its not illegal its just banned i don't want to move they need to move there nonsense of a ban thx for speaking out Smiling

Embarrased Good point very well made xxx

Exclamation as a smoker n Ive also worked for wetherspoons for nine yrs this is the first time since the smoking ban that ive heard it b a problem not being able to use the elites inside, sum wetherspoons do allow them and sum don't that's down to management discretion. the reason behind them not being allowed in most pubs is because it saves arguments and confusion from other smokers n also since the ban the pubs have been a much cleaner and better environment to work in and to eat and drink in, ppl that do smoke outside the front doors well im sorry but where else can they go its a lot better than smoking inside

Tongue To reply to the part about smoking by the door they can move away from the very front of the door to stop the smoke and smell from coming in and also make room for people to get in we understand people may confuse the e cigs that look like the real thing but there are more out there that look more like pens

i am still waiting on a reply from wetherspoons on this i have in the past hour received an email saying and i quote.. thank you for your feedback, which has been passed to our customer services team.

wonder what they will say to all that maybe they should have a up to date poll asking there customers on there beer mats to vote for e-cig or cigarette and would they mind ....

04/02/13 09:20 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like icekizzy's post:
Corkmaiden (04/02/13), FlamingKaty (04/02/13), kenny (04/02/13)
howardhopkinson Offline

Likes Given: 63
If Wetherspoon's aren't going to allow vaping in their pubs, then they won't get my custom. Good on yer for trying to get them to change their silly poliicy on vaping.

BTW: Welcome to the forums icekizzy Caravan
04/02/13 09:24 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like howardhopkinson's post:
Evape-DJ (07/01/14), icekizzy (04/02/13)
icekizzy Offline

i agree me and 5 friends are going in tomorrow to the wolverhampton one im looking forward to them aprotching me and my friends we have alot to say on the matter lol thank you for the welcome xx Heart

04/02/13 09:33 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes icekizzy's post:
Evape-DJ (07/01/14)
SumoTaz Offline

Likes Given: 4
Sex:
While I wish they allowed it, and a lot of pubs where I ask if I can do allow it, I can completely see their point.

They are minimally staffed to keep prices down, and it's just not worth their hassle to deal with irate non-smoking customers complaining about people they mistakenly think are smoking. Likewise, having to send a member of staff over to everyone with a an e-cig to check if they are really smoking, just takes staff away from the bars when they want them serving. Add that to the smokers who think they can now smoke indoors cause they mistakenly think we are smoking.

Don't forget people on forums tend to use better equipment, but the majority of stuff out there looks like a fag. It's a shame it started out that way cause it's made a rod for our backs now.

Applaud your efforts, but for a chain like Weatherspoons, it just isn't worth the hassle. There's no incentive for them to change. OK, if 80% of their customers were vapers, then maybe, but when it's 1 or 2 %, no way.

If you can't be a good example, try and be a horrible warning!

SumoTaz
04/02/13 10:06 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like SumoTaz's post:
icekizzy (04/02/13), WMVyla (06/02/13)
kenny Online
Vaping nic addict

Likes Given: 7,561
Your a fighter Kizzy I'll give you that. Hope you have success in Wolverhampton. I have only been to one Wetherspoons pub and that was in Northern Ireland. I did ask if it was okay to vape and was told it was but to be discreet as they were afraid of reactions from their smoking customers.

Thanks for posting the Facebook info its all very interesting. Cool

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)

04/02/13 10:06 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kenny's post:
icekizzy (04/02/13)
Wonko Offline

Likes Given: 2,743
If wetherspoons (or any other company) has policies you dont like then dont give them your money, they dont care about your opinions, or how fair their policies are. They only care about money.

They are not your mate, your family, your MP, or even a person you can hope to reason with, they are a business, who's priorities are simple, money, money, erm...money.
(This post was last modified: 04/02/13 10:19 PM by Wonko.)
04/02/13 10:15 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wonko's post:
icekizzy (04/02/13)
icekizzy Offline

(04/02/13 10:06 PM)kenny Wrote:  Your a fighter Kizzy I'll give you that. Hope you have success in Wolverhampton. I have only been to one Wetherspoons pub and that was in Northern Ireland. I did ask if it was okay to vape and was told it was but to be discreet as they were afraid of reactions from their smoking customers.

Thanks for posting the Facebook info its all very interesting. Cool

thank you to you both for your opinions i really feel being the minority we can still be heard as they say little voices be heard i aint exactly got a little voice an i will be heard ... if enough minority stand together then it can make a different whether your a smoker or e-cig smoker or non smoker the Facebook post shows a variety of all 3 commenting and are all for it i just think there ban policy is outdated and all im trying to get across to them is review them at least get the new info on the new stuff your right it started out like the e-cigs that look like fags but when its clearly vaporizers i think it should at the very least be the desression of individual establishments at least they could vote it in or out depending on the pubs clientele thax for the input and Kenny i agree we shouldn't have to be discreet if we have been given so called permission hardly seems fair on anyone

(04/02/13 09:24 PM)howardhopkinson Wrote:  If Wetherspoon's aren't going to allow vaping in their pubs, then they won't get my custom. Good on yer for trying to get them to change their silly poliicy on vaping.

BTW: Welcome to the forums icekizzy Caravan

same here howard ... this is what we are doing tomorrow we are testing the waters but im hoping for some feedback from them and will check back on here when im back and let you all know how it went Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 04/02/13 10:23 PM by icekizzy.)
04/02/13 10:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)