UK Vapers
New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues - Printable Version

+- UK Vapers (https://ukvapers.org)
+-- Forum: UK Vapers (/Forum-UK-Vapers)
+--- Forum: Forum News and Information (/Forum-Forum-News-and-Information)
+--- Thread: New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues (/Thread-New-Section-for-Political-Religious-and-Social-Issues)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues - Phil A - 15/05/13 06:39 PM

We've tended to discourage discussions of Political, Religious and Social Issues (PRSI) in the past, but we understand that many members view UK Vapers as the "home" and naturally want to discuss these more contentious issues in an adult environment.

To this end, we have setup a new Subforum under the Lounge called (unimaginatively) Political, Religious and Social Issues
This is a restricted forum, in as much as you have to join the PRSI group before you will even see it: This means that if you're not interested in these topics at all, you'll never see them unless you join the group. For the avoidance of doubt, political issues that affect vaping should still go in the main forums but off topic political things (such as the recent thread about bedroom tax) should go in the new subforum, along with Religious discussions and anything else contentious.

To join the PRSI group, click this link: http://ukvapers.org/usercp.php?action=usergroups
and then click the "Join Group" at the right hand side and once that's been done you will see the new subforum under the lounge. You can leave the PRSI group by clicking the Leave Group link (which is only visible if you're actually in it!)

Eventually, membership of the group will have to be approved by a moderator but we'll allow a few days grace (mainly to prevent me having to handle hundreds of requests Smiling)

We will allow more robust discussions in this group but will still act if things get out of hand and repeat offenders will be removed from the group and not allowed back in for a period of time from a few hours to forever

Hopefully this will provide a useful service for our members whilst allowing anyone who isn't interested in these sorts of discussions to not see them at all

As always, comments and feedback are welcome Smiling

RE: New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues - Lightother - 15/05/13 07:51 PM

Excellent Phil

Finally somewhere i can moan about that tory voting, catholic, benefit cheat neighbour of mine Wink

But seriously
Its a great idea, il not be joining, but its good there is somewhere on the forum for folk who feel strongly about the issues Smiling

RE: New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues - kenny - 15/05/13 07:59 PM

I wont be joining either as me mamy told me never to get involved with politics, religion or football. HeHe!

Good idea though for those that like a good argument,sorry debate.

RE: New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues - Chronos - 16/05/13 02:08 PM

Five minutes or full half hour, Kenny? HeHe!

RE: New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues - JustPoo - 16/05/13 02:45 PM

RE: New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues - Matt Gluggles - 16/05/13 04:30 PM

I am not going there - good idea to have it as an "opt in" section - means that I can not read it but still be logged on to UKV !

RE: New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues - Dragonmum - 16/05/13 10:09 PM

I'm in - wouldn't miss it for the world! But where is it???

RE: New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues - Phil A - 16/05/13 10:11 PM

(16/05/13 10:09 PM)Dragonmum Wrote:  I'm in - wouldn't miss it for the world! But where is it???

Once you've joined the PRSI group, it should be visible under the Lounge. Here's a direct link: http://ukvapers.org/Forum-Political-Religious-and-Social-Issues (again, this link only works once you've joined the PRSI group)

RE: New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues - Dragonmum - 16/05/13 10:15 PM

I just found it thanks Phil - looking in wrong place as usual! Could be a very interesting addition - then again it could be total disaster with blanket bans for a lot of us; or am I the only one who's joined?

RE: New Section for Political, Religious and Social Issues - MaddyPaulus - 16/05/13 10:25 PM

I'm with Kenny and won't be joining... there's already The Lounge for spouting irrelevant nonsense (and getting post count/reputation advancement).

Good luck with the section..... I hope it appears way way down the bottom of the long list of threads. Many people on here haven't even spotted the regional section yet.... that's the ONE area that might get more people meeting up socially. Wink

Every year there are people who comment about Vapefest and how they didn't know it was on despite being a member for several months.... I hope the new section is added right down the list (after wasteland) Wink