Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alecto mod
anima Offline
Mod Vendors

Likes Given: 811
Sex: Undisclosed
Alecto mod
This is a first presentation of our next mod, Alecto mod

Some things about the name
Alecto's name means 'the never ending'
According to Hesiod, she was one of the the daughters of Gaea fertilized by the blood spilled from Uranus when Cronus castrated him.
According to another legend,she was one of the daughters of Nyx,(Nemesis is also mentioned as daughter of Nyx) who was the symbolization of the night and a daughter of Chaos.
Alecto appeared in Virgil's Aeneid, and also in Dante's Inferno as one of the three Erinyes/Furies
The Furies are known by many names such as: the Erinys (mist-Walkers), Eumenides (the Kindly Ones) and Semnai (the Holy); they are depicted as winged women of fierce countenance but, according to Pausanias (fl. 160 CE), their images on the Acropolis at Athens were not fierce or supernatural.
Alecto is the Erinys with the job of castigating the moral crimes (such as anger), especially if they are against other people. Her function is similar to Nemesis, with the difference that Nemesis's function is to castigate crimes against the gods.
She compines good in her mission of giving justice and mean of doing that the hard way...

The idea as you can hear also in the video is having a side switch mod with minimum need of cleaning that would work as well as Nemesis
A more detailed video will follow when final product will be ready
31/05/14 10:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 2 users Like anima's post:
eBaron (31/01/15), Markse (01/06/14)
Kenneth Offline

Likes Given: 4,102
Sex: Male
RE: Alecto mod
It's a very clever switch design. Not sure the aesthetics are there but the idea is very interesting.
31/05/14 11:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Cheekiecharlie Offline
Global Moderator
Global Moderators

Likes Given: 5,879
Very nice, look forward to seeing more of this mod Thumbs Up

vaping is a passion ,not just a hobby,
31/05/14 11:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Markse Offline
just an anecdote

Likes Given: 1,685
Wow- another interesting side button mod from Greece- I think I might have to start a collection ;-)
Anima, this looks really interesting. The locking looks very simple but maybe too easy- do you think it could come undone taking it in and out if pockets? Also do you think there'll be issues with oxidation in the articulated switch actuator? Although there's only one make/break contact, there looks like more moving contacts below or are they bridged somehow?
When will the Alecto be ready and how much will it cost? Is it 18650? Will other tube lengths be available?
Thanks for the classical studies lesson too- very interesting :-)

As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to vape when asleep and never to refrain when awake.
(This post was last modified: 01/06/14 10:39 PM by Markse.)
01/06/14 08:21 AM
anima Offline
Mod Vendors

It will be full with extensions for all sizes, you saw the prototype so will be kind of changed as final product and i ll know possible date and price when production will start...
I ll keep you updated with any news i have...;-)
02/06/14 10:15 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like anima's post:
jamesmconley (18/08/14), Kenneth (02/06/14)
jamesmconley Offline

Likes Given: 9
Sex:
(02/06/14 10:15 AM)anima Wrote:  It will be full with extensions for all sizes, you saw the prototype so will be kind of changed as final product and i ll know possible date and price when production will start...
I ll keep you updated with any news i have...;-)

Would this have a 510 connector option or is it only for hybrids?
30/08/14 09:14 PM
anima Offline
Mod Vendors

When made will have a 510 cap for all atomizers..;-)
31/08/14 05:57 AM
scotty79 Offline
mr mister
Vendors

Likes Given: 2,205
That button looks immense
31/08/14 06:21 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes scotty79's post:
Markse (31/08/14)
No.6 Online
Where am I ?

Likes Given: 368
Anima.
Is there any more news on the development of the Atmomixani Alecto modification for Nemesis ?

I am not a number, I am a Free Man.
Be seeing you !
(This post was last modified: 01/02/15 07:55 PM by No.6.)
31/01/15 10:44 PM
anima Offline
Mod Vendors

Goodmorning
Alecto was a prototype mod and not a nemesis
At the moment we dont have any news
Unfortunately the cost we were given was too high and we decided not to proceed at least for the moment..
02/02/15 05:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)