Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aspire nautilus 2 new coils feel like there dying
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 325
Sex: Male
RE: Aspire nautilus 2 new coils feel like there dying
(21/04/18 12:02 AM)Smok44 Wrote:  Thanks for the great advice im learning all the time

I think i may have the wick too thick that must be why the taste is so strong i was using a 4 size diameter coil so maybe i should go back down to a 3.5 with slightly thinner wick.Then i was told the wick cant be too tight in that coil or the wick channels.

What would be a good tool with link to losen up that wick on both sides of coil before i tuck it into the wick channels.

I use 3mm ID coils in the Siren. "Loosen up the wick"? Not sure what you mean by that. I generally use the "Scottish Roll" technique. Split a cotton pad into two thinner ones, and stretch one in the easy direction until it's 2-3 times as long. Then pull off enough to wick the coil. Spike one end and pull through. You can roll the wick gently before pulling through, but it's not essential.

Cut so the wick just touches the deck both sides, then moisten it with juice and tuck into channels with a jeweller's screwdriver or similar.
21/04/18 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes MDC's post:
Smok44 (21/04/18)
Smok44 Offline

Likes Given: 64

Well im learning something new on this forum all the time i will try this out.

Fluffing the wick out at both ends after its in the coil i think thats what i meant by the video of a scottish roll being made.What tool and a link to get it would be cool.
21/04/18 01:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
MDC Offline

Likes Given: 325
With Scottish Roll wicking, the wick should already be fluffy enough. Tease it into place with any small screwdriver - I use one like this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E7ETKFU/r...3068087345

If you have pointed ceramic tweezers, you could use one point for this.
21/04/18 01:51 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MDC's post:
Smok44 (21/04/18)
Smok44 Offline

Likes Given: 64

Cool this is what ill be trying out and i do have tweezers so i can use them to just tuck it in making sure its not too tight.
21/04/18 02:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)