Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
#BBCvapemeet links to all threads for meetings on 11/1/14
kroshy Offline

Likes Given: 6
Sex: Undisclosed
#BBCvapemeet links to all threads for meetings on 11/1/14
I thought to organize things a bit i'll list all of the separate threads for different meets for the #BBCvapemeet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Index

1. Thread links to all know meets so fare
2. Get Some Footage
3. Usefull Links -
4. Leaflets to be handed out

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Thread links to all know meets so fare

Main chat thread is to discuss the general things -
UKvapers
PoTV
AAEC
Some one has created a great facebook page with most of the meets so far that you can sign up to attend so we can
get an idea of numbers https://www.facebook.com/Vapersflashmobsuk Tweet share and post this so all can get involved

Below the are the separate threads for each different meet.

I would like to ask for some one to step forward for each event to be the organizer so people know who to contact for any info regarding their regional event.

Bristol -
UKVapers, Thread Starter - Getarep Attendees 6
AAEC, Thread Starter - DiscoDes Attendees 7
Facebook Sign up page Attendees 17

Birmingham -
AAEC, Thread Starter - jeffc Attendees 10
Facebook Sign up page Attendees 34

Chelmsford - Essex -
AAEC, Thread Starter -
Facebook sign up page Attendees 3

Cardiff -
Facebook Sign up page Attendees 41
@SWOF coverage - Andy

Glasgow -
UKVapers, Thread Starter -
UKVapers, Thread Starter - Blackhack Attendees 4
PoTV, Thread Starter -
AAEC, Thread Starter -
Facebook sign up page Attendees 11

Greater London -
UKvapers, Thread Starter - alanfinal Attendees - 19
AAEC, Thread Starter - alanfinal Attendees - 19
Facebook sign up page Attendees 2

Hull - Attendees
UKVapers , Thread Starter - vapeman Attendees 6
Facebook sign up page Attendees 2

Merseyside -
AAEC, Thread Starter -
Facebook Attendees 9

Manchester -
PoTV, Thread Starter -
Facebook Sign up page Attendees 7

Northamptonshire -
AAEC, Thread Starter - Mawsley Attendees 5
PoTV, Thread Starter - Attendees
Facebook Sign up page Attendees 8

Nottingham -
Facebook Sign up page Attendees 18

Lancashire -
Facebook sign up page Attendees

Salford Quays
UKVapers, Thread Stater - tppp Attendees 3

Southampton -
Point of Contact Kroshy Twitter Facebook & Vapologist Twitter Facebook
UKVapers, Thread Starter Kroshy
AAEC, Thread Starter - Kroshy
VTTV Thread Starter - Kroshy
Facebook Sign up page Attendees 9
@SWOF coverage - Kroshy

Stafordshire -
PoTV, Thread Starter -

Stoke on Trent -
PoTV, Thread Starter -
Facebook Sign up page Attendees 4

Tunbridge wells -
PoTV, Thread Starter -
Facebook sign up page Attendees

Wales -
UKVapers, Thread Starter - Psybernoid
PoTV, Thread Starter - Psybernoid

Wrexham
AAEC Thread Starter - GunJack

As i find more threads i'll put them in and if you know any post them and i'll edit this post.

2. Get Some Footage

What to do, say and ask....

Any shots would be great. In terms of questions: Getting consent is important (record them saying the following)... ta!
CONSENT: What is your full name? Do you give permission for this footage to be in the SWOF documentary and possible VTTV?
1. What's going on here today? Why are you here today?
2. What does vaping mean to you?
3. Why does the vote equal a ban for most e-cig users?
Let me know how much you get - and I can either send you a hard drive or we can transfer via dropbox?

(05/01/14 10:57 PM)Smoke2Vape Wrote:  Hi all. Andy here from SWOF.

I've had a couple of emails from people who are keen to take a camera along to the events planned on the 11th. I'll be filming too, in Cardiff on the 11th. If are able to point a camera at what's going on, here's a couple of pointers to get footage that can be used in the film.

1. Film yourself - and give your full name, region and a contact phone number or email. This isn't for inclusion in the film and can be audio only if you are camera shy - it's just so I know who shot it and where you are based - and so that you will get a credit on the finished film if the footage is used. If you are taking photo's write it down and take a quick snap of it. It's important when the film is released that we know, and can prove where all the footage and photos came from. All private phone numbers /email addresses and names will remain that... private. The footage you send will not be viewable by anyone but SWOF until it has been edited and included in the films.

2. If you point the camera at anyone - and ask them questions OR they are speaking - they need to be identifiable. Ask them their name - and if they agree that this footage can be used. Again, it's a pain - but every featured speaker needs to be "consented" or they have to be blobbed. To get around having to ask everyone - once your group has assembled - ask them all, if anyone does not want to be filmed then they need to make themselves know to you. Film the people who DO NOT want to be included and say "This person does not want to be filmed". It might seem a little odd - but that way I can identify the people who DO NOT want to be included. This happened on a couple of occasions when I was filming at a shop. The brief shot of them with me saying "this person does not want to be included".

3. If you do not have a "microphone" then get as close as you can to the person speaking and if possible, record your interview in a quiet location. I know that might not be possible - but good audio is as important as good pictures.

4. Get as much of the crowds, signs, buildings, vaping as possible and have some fun with it. Wink

5. The footage that you send us needs to be unedited. No need to cut anything out or add graphics or music.

I'll be working out a way to make the footage upload as easy as possible via Dropbox or a similar service this week. If you are unable to do any of the above pointers - please still send the footage you do get - I can always seek consent afterwards.

Many thanks - and vape on.
Andy.

3. Usefull Links -

saveecigs.wordpress.com
tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/new-study-finds-that-nicotine.html?spref=tw
www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2013/10/11/why-is-the-fda-shielding-smokers-from-the-good-news-about-e-cigarettes

4. Leaflets to be handed out

Here is a leaflet that can be printed off it really gets the point across
Source PoTV

Quote:Important news in the world of Electronic Cigarettes. It is now time to act…

Many of you will already be aware of the EU Commission's attempts to classify Electronic Cigarettes as a medicinal product. In October 2013 the EU rejected this proposal, but since then they have done little to embrace or encourage this life changing phenomenon.

For reasons known only to themselves, the EU insists on pushing for an over-regulatory status of a product that is already being used by approximately 7 million EU citizens (1.2M in the UK alone) to great effect. ECigs are currently regulated by wholly adequate consumer protection regulations.

The Electronic Cigarette Industry welcomes a quality control regulatory programme that protects further the health and safety of all users. However by making ECigs less available than traditional cigarettes (banning or making them a medicinal product), flies in the face of common sense and any reasonable attempts to reduce tobacco harm.

It's no great secret that the Big Tobacco and Pharmaceutical companies are losing customers and revenue due to the growing popularity of Electronic Cigarettes. Some of these companies have lobbied the European Parliament and created bogus media rhetoric, in an attempt to discredit Electronic Cigarette devices which are posing such a threat to their respective market share. We can take comfort in knowing that some of the most respected names in Tobacco Harm Reduction and Nicotine Analysis have stood up against the EU and continue to defend E-Cigs as something that will save millions of lives, regardless of any minor fears.

The week commencing 16/12/13 has seen more EU attempts to limit the availability of ECigs. Having lost the opportunity to protect the interests of Big Pharma and Tobacco in October, the EU now propose limiting nicotine levels to far less than many ECig users require and are putting up barriers to stifle new innovation and the use of refillable clearomisers. This once again plays into the hand of these major corporations, as the 2nd and 3rd generation e-cigs are recognised to be the most effective way of keeping ex-smokers from reverting back to smoking tobacco.

Electronic Cigarettes have changed the lives of millions, but unless we all act now to protect our rights and the ability to continue using devices we have chosen, we might just find ourselves with little choice other than return to smoking tobacco.

All over the UK, large groups of vapers are campaigning to stop the EU creating the biggest public health disaster in history.

Now you can get behind what you believe in, by taking part in planned ECig awareness events all over the UK.. These events are being organised by vapers who are passionate about defending their rights to continue using ECigs. This will be a peaceful gathering of like-minded users wishing to voice their freedom of choice and how e-cigs have changed their lives for the better since giving up tobacco.

On Saturday the 11th of January 2014 there's a planned gathering outside the BBC South's broadcasting centre in Havelock Road, Southampton. This event starts at 11:00 with the aim of attracting the attention of the BBC in order to publicise the EU's plans. Similar events will be happening up and down the country at various BBC centres including Television Centre in London.

If you want to save Ecigs, your health and your right to vape; join in and take this opportunity to meet other vapers.

(08/01/14 01:22 PM)Rojeans Wrote:  Venue flier.
Easy to edit [venue etc] and print..
BBC Radio Merseyside flier.docx (17.07 KB)

Preview -
BBC Radio Merseyside
Vape meet 11th January

We’re not opposed to sensible regulations, however, the proposed EU regulations are wrongly being circulated as “sensible precautions” when, actually, they amount to a de-facto ban.
So, what’s on the table?
Answer:-
Proposed EU regulations will ban 100% of currently used refillable e-cigarettes.
Proposed, not fit for purpose, limitations on delivery strength. (20/mg/ml or 2% max)
Proposed limitation of 1ml liquid quantity per cartridge.
Proposed ban on advertising a safer alternative to tobacco smoking / combustion.
Proposed gagging of the media.

Many experts in the scientific and medical fields agree that there is the potential to save millions of lives; It's scandalous that the real story is about money over lives.
In order to highlight the plight of millions of ecig users across the EU, approx. (2 million of which are in the UK) there are going to be a series of peaceful meetings across the country outside various broadcasters offices on the 11th of January 2014 at 11am.. This will merely be a meeting of fellow electronic cigarette users, as opposed to a full on protest. We want the media to notice, we want to be given the chance to speak.
In Liverpool, it will be held outside the BBC offices on Hanover Street. If you're an e-cig user and you're in the surrounding area, please come along, your support is needed!
If you are able to attend, please try wear something black so that the group stands out, Please feel free to bring friends and family members - they would be effected if there was a ban and you returned to smoking, as many of us would!
The details for Liverpool are –
• When: Saturday 11th of January 2014 at 11am
• Optionally: Meet up at the Gostins building, outside the cafe, a subsidised breakfast provided for early arrivers at approximately 10.00am, moving on to the BBC offices in Hanover Street, Liverpool just before the designated time.

(10/01/14 01:13 PM)marlowejames Wrote:  Hi everyone,

Before Xmas there was a public Health announcement slagging off e-cigs with the usual misinformation from Wales that many of us felt needed a rebuttal response. A thought occurred that rather than try to correct their misinformation that it would be a better idea to present an alternative document that uses their media soundbytes to not rebutt their lies, but to actually educate the very people that they are tying to misinform - namely tobacco smokers. In light of tomorrow's BBC protest activity this document has been produced in a leaflet format together with a web/twitter pdf version.

I hope that you can see the sense in it and that everyone makes an effort in printing these or posting them on twitter etc so that we can start to educate the very people that Public Health and Govts don't want to - current tobacco smokers.

The artwork was created by our own Piddy Thumbs Up and also a massive vote of thanks needs to be placed at Slim's door in light of his efforts to co-ordinate and produce these documents. Thumbs Up

UK Vapers leaflet

For Home printers

Professional Print version (with 3mm bleed)

Web optimised version

Download from attachments below -

Attached File(s)
.docx  BBC Radio Merseyside flier.docx (Size: 17.07 KB / Downloads: 62)
(This post was last modified: 10/01/14 01:41 PM by kroshy.)
19/12/13 10:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 8 users Like kroshy's post:
blaze (20/12/13), GIBLA53 (07/01/14), jeffc (20/12/13), Linda (20/12/13), mago (21/12/13), Richo_I (19/12/13), seniorphil (20/12/13), szaxe (10/01/14)
jeffc Offline

Likes Given: 124
Sex: Male
RE: #BBCvapemeet links to all threads for meetings on 11/1/14
(19/12/13 10:37 PM)kroshy Wrote:  i thought to organize things a bit i'll list all of the separate threads for different meets for the #BBCvapemeet

Bristol - Here
Glasgow - Here
Greater London - Here
Merseyside - Here
Lancaster - Here
Southampton -[url=http://ukvapers.org/Thread-Southampton-and-surround-National-
Birmingham-here http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/goodbye_...ions.shtml

BBC-Vape-meet-Jan-11th-to-get-press-for-our-cause?pid=725187#pid725187]Here[/url]
Wales - Here

As i find more threads i'll put them in and if you know any post them and i'll edit this post.

19/12/13 10:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
Trellentor Offline

Likes Given: 372
Ooops ignore this post

20/12/13 02:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
kroshy Offline

List updated, please past this list around so we can keep everyone up to date and not get to many wires mixed Big Grin
20/12/13 03:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
blaze Offline

Likes Given: 5,526
(19/12/13 10:37 PM)kroshy Wrote:  i thought to organize things a bit i'll list all of the separate threads for different meets for the #BBCvapemeet

Main chat thread is Here to discuss the general things.

Some one has created a great facebook page with most of the meets so far that you can sign up to attend so we can get an idea of numbers https://www.facebook.com/Vapersflashmobsuk Tweet share and post this so all can get involved

Below the are the separate threads for each different meet.

Bristol - UKVapers
Chelmsford - AAEC
Birmingham - AAEC
Glasgow - UKVapers / AAEC
Greater London - Here
Merseyside - UKVapers / AAEC
Northamptonshire - AAEC / PoTV
Lancaster - UKVapers
Southampton -UKVapers / AAEC
Tunbridge wells - PoTV
Wales - UKVapers

20/12/13 08:27 AM
deejayh Offline

Likes Given: 95
I'm up for a Vape meet in Nottingham
BBC Nottingham 11am 11 January 2014
Come and get down there to defend our rights...Vapers United

Contact me please if willing to come

20/12/13 03:26 PM
kroshy Offline

**Updated main post with facebook event pages**
20/12/13 04:05 PM
eBaron Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 1,159
I would like WVO to take part in this meeting if possible.

Superb organic and natural juices...home of El Toro!
http://www.houseofliquid.com
20/12/13 04:10 PM
kroshy Offline

**Updated with Nottingham and other links to other meets**
20/12/13 08:00 PM
Trellentor Offline

Likes Given: 372
(20/12/13 04:10 PM)eBaron Wrote:  I would like WVO to take part in this meeting if possible.

Don't see why not. The more the merrier.

21/12/13 12:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)