Important: Your continued use of this forum indicates acceptance of the forum rules. Please make sure you have read and understand these rules.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bbc news
Psycho Offline
Nic Junkie

Likes Given: 726
Sex: Male
Bbc news
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39823325

No shit lol
08/05/17 06:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
[-] The following 1 user Likes Psycho's post:
watsy (08/05/17)
Sludge Van Diesel Offline

Likes Given: 53
Sex:
RE: Bbc news
"Some 1.5 million vapers are ex-smokers, compared with 1.3 million who still use tobacco"

"In 2012, there were 700,000 vapers in the UK; now there are 2.9 million"

What are the other 0.1 doing? Non-smokers that took up vaping?

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish (Although my preferred option is to vape & drink wine with the wise)
(This post was last modified: 08/05/17 10:22 AM by Sludge Van Diesel.)
08/05/17 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply Return to top
taffyjock Offline

Likes Given: 3,611
(08/05/17 10:20 AM)Sludge Van Diesel Wrote:  "Some 1.5 million vapers are ex-smokers, compared with 1.3 million who still use tobacco"

"In 2012, there were 700,000 vapers in the UK; now there are 2.9 million"

What are the other 0.1 doing? Non-smokers that took up vaping?

Returned back to cigs because of ASH ,WHO & Public Health bullshit, Inc the 20mg+ users who won't be able to get the strength they need.

08/05/17 01:30 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes taffyjock's post:
Psycho (08/05/17)
Sludge Van Diesel Offline

Likes Given: 53
Sex:
(08/05/17 01:30 PM)taffyjock Wrote:  Inc the 20mg+ users who won't be able to get the strength they need.

That would include me & I'm definitely in the 1.5million

Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish (Although my preferred option is to vape & drink wine with the wise)
08/05/17 02:30 PM
Ken Offline
Bright Spark

Likes Given: 3,039
I'm not, hate being popular Big Grin

23/06/17 08:40 PM
taffyjock Offline

Likes Given: 3,611
(23/06/17 08:40 PM)Ken Wrote:  I'm not, hate being popular Big Grin
And a criminal Wink

Welcome to the club

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

23/06/17 08:56 PM
bobbydazlers Offline

Likes Given: 20
I am not wholly convinced that the reason many current smokers will not try vaping is mainly due to misconceptions over the safety, I think many might see the potential ban on flavours, indoor use and possibly outright prohibition as reason for not bothering to switch.
when I stopped smoking and switched to vaping 3 years ago these threats I never heard about, I used to see other smokers outside of buildings smoking and I used to see people vaping at their desks and giving off pleasant smelling vapour that dissipated very quickly, vaping seemed to be a booming new trendy way to enjoy the act without the risks.
now when I am at work I am forced to go outside to vape due to company policy and have to stand in very close proximity to smokers so I end up breathing their 2nd hand smoke and end up smelling like an old ash tray by the end of the day, the very things I was trying to get away from when I started vaping.
I think if I was to consider vaping now I would look on vaping as a fad that would probably be killed off soon as the USA and other countries effectively ban them to one degree or another and the UK is forced to follow suit and I would be highly likely to stick to smoking, why bother starting this thing if its probable I wont be able to continue for very long.
I have even heard other smokers say words to that effect.
there's not a day that goes by that I don't prey this will not happen and there's not a day that goes by that I don't read an article that potentially spells doom for vaping.
sadly this would result in vaping never getting the chance to prove its worth.

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy,
Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.
(This post was last modified: 24/06/17 09:06 AM by bobbydazlers.)
24/06/17 08:50 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like bobbydazlers's post:
littletomos50 (24/06/17), nisam (24/06/17)
Stevethesax Offline
Out, damn'd spot

Likes Given: 339
(24/06/17 08:50 AM)bobbydazlers Wrote:  I think if I was to consider vaping now I would look on vaping as a fad that would probably be killed off soon as the USA and other countries effectively ban them to one degree or another and the UK is forced to follow suit and I would be highly likely to stick to smoking, why bother starting this thing if its probable I wont be able to continue for very long.

This, in a nutshell, is ASH's gameplan.
Their very existence relies on there being smokers. Without them their funding would dry up.
They're also not exactly pleased to see the smoking stats dropping rapidly - which is why their latest press release made no mention of the impact that vaping has had on the latest figures. Apparently it's all down to plain packaging.

So they've adopted the role of the evil grand vizier - publicly welcoming (through gritted teeth) any encouraging movement in the figures, while pecking and picking in the background to cast fear and doubt.
It's a lucrative gravy train. I really wouldn't be at all surprised if the last lesson at the Tobacco Control training day was how to hold a cape over your face and laugh menacingly ("A little less Hah and a bit more Nyah, dear...yes...that's better").
24/06/17 10:02 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Stevethesax's post:
1shot1kill (24/06/17), nisam (24/06/17), Steamix (24/06/17)
1shot1kill Offline

Likes Given: 272
Sex:
Of the ex-smokers/now vapers that I know, none of them had even heard of the TPD until I told them about it. Safety doesn`t come into it.

I think most smokers still smoke because it`s human nature to take the path of least resistance and I don`t blame them because an effort has to be made to stop and stay stopped. After almost two and a half years of vaping 24mg I still crave nicotine.
24/06/17 03:52 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes 1shot1kill's post:
fridgemagnett (26/06/17)
vandykevapes Offline
Vendors

Likes Given: 112
Sex: Undisclosed
:') funniest bit is i am willing to bet the vaping figures is properly X times the amount more than what they actually say..... You know to save tobacco stocks from dropping etc

26/06/17 01:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)